Sarah Willingham on "You're Fired" Last Night

Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
Forum Member
✭✭
Come back Ruby Wax, all is forgiven...

Some of Sarah's comments were really scathing towards Natasha. She called her 'cold' at one point, which I thought was quite personal. I'm not Natasha's biggest fan, but she did have to put up with a lot of hostility - it seems "You're Fired" is using less gentle mocking and more directed insults with each episode.

Sarah was on "This Morning" earlier today, giving tips on reducing your holiday expenses. Her top tip was to shop around for the best exchange rate - wow, thanks Sarah, would never have thought of that!

Comments

• apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    Willingham can do no right by me. She should be put up against the wall and pelted with wet scotch eggs.
  • Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree... At least when Ruby Wax was ripping into Melody last week, she did it with humour and panache. Whereas Sarah was pretty harsh in her attitude towards Natasha, and had no words to soften the blow.

They should all take a leaf out of Dara's book; his ribbing of the candidates is gentle and funny!
  • OnaOakeyOnaOakey Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She didn't seem to have anything positive to say at all! Ruby at least made me laugh a couple of times, even if she was quite harsh. Sarah just seemed to be out to criticise over and over again. Poor Natasha!
  • PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OnaOakey wrote: »
    She didn't seem to have anything positive to say at all! Ruby at least made me laugh a couple of times, even if she was quite harsh. Sarah just seemed to be out to criticise over and over again. Poor Natasha!

She never got punchy with that bumbling pretend french chef Raymond White in 'The Restaurant', he was overdue a slap for all his froggy pontificating.......Willingham is a woman hater :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Maybe it's part of the criteria for the producers when selecting guests - one comedian (must not be as funny as Dara) one straight man, and one mad woman to serve out some personal abuse
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had a face like a bulldog all night, didn't crack a smile once, atleast Natasha sounds like a decent girl whereas she sat there like lady muck with a screwed up, prune like face, miserable cow :mad:
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    She had a face like a bulldog all night, didn't crack a smile once, atleast Natasha sounds like a decent girl whereas she sat there like lady muck with a screwed up, prune like face, miserable cow :mad:

Saw her in a cookery show <can`t remember name:o> but she was exactly the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    I didnt know Sarah Willingham before but thought she talked sense last night , Natasha should have used the knowledge she acquired in her degree and should have managed her relationship with Susan in a much more professional manner.

Natasha came across to me as humorless as she was in the programme and unwilling to blame anything on her personal failures. Her excuses that she was tired and didn't like her degree seemed pretty lame to me
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    silkstone wrote: »
    Maybe it's part of the criteria for the producers when selecting guests - one comedian (must not be as funny as Dara) one straight man, and one mad woman to serve out some personal abuse

comedian - check, Ed whatshisname.
    straight man - not sure, I'd be bold enough to say camp, but don't know the finer details of his sexuality
    mad woman - I agree with most of what you have all said, but there is something about her, I'd let her do unspeakably filthy things to me.
    Forum Member
    GiGaGo wrote: »
    comedian - check, Ed whatshisname.
    straight man - not sure, I'd be bold enough to say camp, but don't know the finer details of his sexuality
    mad woman - I agree with most of what you have all said, but there is something about her, I'd let her do unspeakably filthy things to me.

haha I meant straight in a comedy sense - but you never know!
    Forum Member
    silkstone wrote: »
    haha I meant straight in a comedy sense - but you never know!

I know ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    She spoke her mind and was fairly accurate, i thought. Better than 'window dressing' it to sound nice, as some guests do.
    Forum Member
    GiGaGo wrote: »
    I know ;)

damn you! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Sarah was great and spot-on with her comments. Natasha has been so full of .... for weeks and her passive aggressive approach has been unprofessional and uninspired.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with the OP. Noticed she spoke cr@p before when she'd been on. Sour-faced bint.
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't notice Sarah being particularly harsh :confused: I thought most of what she said was fair.

Also, (sorry if this has come up elsewhere) how gorgeous did Natasha look on YF compared to the series?! Pretty lovely now she's abandoned the 'Hilter' fringe!
  • apaulapaul Posts: 9,846
    Forum Member
    I am surprised Sarah Willingham didn't suggest that they should have jacked in the poor food and served cocktails to the customers instead. She was impressed by this in the infamous third series of The Restaurant.
  • CherrybomberCherrybomber Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree... At least when Ruby Wax was ripping into Melody last week, she did it with humour and panache. Whereas Sarah was pretty harsh in her attitude towards Natasha, and had no words to soften the blow.

They should all take a leaf out of Dara's book; his ribbing of the candidates is gentle and funny!

I think Dara is to blame. When Adrian was running YBF he did it with such cheeky ridicule. Dara is, surprisingly, less fun and the panel guests dont have a lead to follow.
  • dizzyrascaldizzyrascal Posts: 287
    Forum Member
    I am not a fan of Natasha but Sarah was horrid to her last night and it was unnecessary and unpleasant to watch and it made Ruby look like a playful kitten (she was only asking what the nation wanted to know! )
    Natasha could always take a leaf out of Sarah's book though and marry her way into a successful business. Sarah married a man who already had a successful chain of restaurants but she would like you to believe she started from nothing.
    I notice that Michelle Mone is not on YF this year? Could it have something to do with her nasty attitude to the contestants on her last few appearances? I think so.
  • Zoltan SmithZoltan Smith Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    truth hurts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fatsia wrote: »
    I didn't notice Sarah being particularly harsh :confused: I thought most of what she said was fair.

Also, (sorry if this has come up elsewhere) how gorgeous did Natasha look on YF compared to the series?! Pretty lovely now she's abandoned the 'Hilter' fringe!

I agree. I don't think Sarah was harsh at all. Come on, Natasha was not saint. She was actually quite annoying in the first few episodes (the buying task, the rubbish task). Having said that, her firing was a bit harsh (compared to Melody's firing which was very gentle).

By the way, Natasha did look great on you're fired....and she did not say "yeah" at all.
    Forum Member
    just to follow up on the unspeakable things I'd let Sara Willingham do to me, if natasha scrubbed up as well as she did last night, I reckon I'd let her watch. First time she's looked feminine during the series (that I can remember) and she said YEAH a lot less than I'm used to.
  • Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Sarah made some valid points to Natasha, it was just the way that she said it that wasn't particulalry agreeable (for me). If Natasha was giving it some attitude on You're Fired to any of the criticism that was coming her way from the panel then I would maybe understand the tone from Sarah's voice but Natasha seemed pretty accepting of the comments so that should have been cue for Sarah to be less aggressive with her deliverance.
    Forum Member
    Natasha was so far removed from the person we've seen in the series on you're fired, as have many of them. she seemed pleasant, friendly, if not slightly nervous and vulnerable. I thought she wore it well because she'd been full of business speak bravado up to now. It also helped that she sat still and didn't sprint anywhere. and that they'd got rid of that block of fringe.
    She probably didn't deserve the stick Willingham gave her, or the manner in which the criticism was delivered, but hey, you go on national TV and make a dick of yourself for a couple of months and you ask for it to a certain degree.