Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 8)

Comments

• mesonychidmesonychid Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hate the butlins ad !!!
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    Flukie wrote: »
    The Barclays ad with the spoilt brat wanting more and more as she grows up and the dad who never says no, buys it all and puts himself further into debt.

It's horrendous.

I quite like that ad, but probably cos I've got a 21 year old just left Uni and more entitled than Lauren from Eastenders... so me and hubby love the grin on the dad's face at the end :D

My current hate is the Carnival cruises one with the "fun switch", it is like they had a competition to see how many puns and cliches they could fit into a single ad, "you may now kiss the fun" - give me strength.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Tescos 'All £1' advert worries me as it obviously isn't all the items shown for £1 but £1 each which they only state in the small print.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crowby1 wrote: »
    The joke as I understand it, seems to be:

The women recognise his voice from a tv programme, when they say ah it's the doctor he then bitterly interjects that he was a good doctor and unfairly killed off.

In other words the premise is, he's an out of work daytime soap actor now reduced to doing advert voiceovers, and isn't very happy about it.

That's my perception. But, as has been proved on here, it's a joke that's lost on a lot of people as it's not very well executed.

I thought it meant that he used to be a Dr.Who, but I couldn't place which one, and anyway Dr Who can't be killed.:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    I thought it meant that he used to be a Dr.Who, but I couldn't place which one, and anyway Dr Who can't be killed.:confused:

That's what I thought the advert was suggesting, but guess not. The guy in question has played several doctors on several TV shows, so it's a vague as it could possibly be I guess.
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,377
    Forum Member
    EIwood wrote: »
    That's what I thought the advert was suggesting, but guess not. The guy in question has played several doctors on several TV shows, so it's a vague as it could possibly be I guess.

yes but who is he?:confused: in real life I mean, don't recognise the voice at all.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malteaser chocolate bunny ad:
    "Malteaster - why wait till Easter?"

Me:
    "Because it's not f***ing Easter."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take A Break adverts with Melanie Sykes chatting to a witches coven cackling over a bile filled hate pamphlet. "My husband left me for a roly poly" Nice. Hope you all get paper cuts off it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take A Break adverts with Melanie Sykes chatting to a witches coven cackling over a bile filled hate pamphlet. "My husband left me for a roly poly" Nice. Hope you all get paper cuts off it.

Indeed and let's not get back to work says a lot for British productivity. We'd much rather read a cr*ppy magazine and lose our jobs then earn a living.
  • Kazz_xKazz_x Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »

I thought maybe a soap Dr or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes but who is he?:confused: in real life I mean, don't recognise the voice at all.....

See my original post below, showing who he is, but I've still got no clue!
    Yeah this, I've no idea what it's on about. The fake accents are annoying, and the way he says:

"no actually I was the good doctor!"

I've got no idea what he is referring to.

Okay, just done some research. Apparently its Toby Longworth, but I'm still no closer to understanding the joke, beyond the fact he narrated some Doctor Who stuff.

Check out the advert here, someone else in the comments mentions how they wasted time researching it, still not understanding the joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Seb5ZFhU06g

He's played:
    • Dr Vince in MI High,
    • DR Julian Holmes in the IT Crowd,
    • Dr Pinder in nighty night,

And is related to Dr Who, but never appeared in the show from what I can tell.

It's a great advert, a reference so obscure, no one understands it!
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    j22kh wrote: »
    The new, annoying Sun newspaper advert. :mad::mad:

oh...

and the MAGNET ADVERT WITH THE TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE MUSIC SUNG BY A WOMAN THAT CAN'T SING. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hate that advert with a passion, who told that woman she could sing.....it makes me cringe every time it is on :mad::mad::mad:
  • SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bloody terrible advert just came on here to moan about it. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See my original post below, showing who he is, but I've still got no clue!

He's played:
    • Dr Vince in MI High,
    • DR Julian Holmes in the IT Crowd,
    • Dr Pinder in nighty night,

And is related to Dr Who, but never appeared in the show from what I can tell.

It's a great advert, a reference so obscure, no one understands it!

I saw this on google.

Toby is a versatile actor with a background in comedy and a speciality in ... Star Wars the Phantom Menace and the animated Dr Who series The Infinite Quest.
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mesonychid wrote: »

Trololololo :)
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    mesonychid wrote: »

I am going on a 70's weekend in March to Butlins and I had to phone them last week, and while I was on hold that bloody song off the advert played down my ear all the time I was on hold :mad:
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to be the Bet365 Bingo one where they have to put in big letters on screen "This is not a real magazine"
  • RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Seat advert is starting to annoy me now. On every flipping advert break.
  • mesonychidmesonychid Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jarryhack wrote: »
    I am going on a 70's weekend in March to Butlins and I had to phone them last week, and while I was on hold that bloody song off the advert played down my ear all the time I was on hold :mad:

:D

horrible innit !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The M&Ms advert with the girlfriend who says 'Hey, Babe, I could really do with a snack'.

Get it yourself. FGS.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The M&Ms advert with the girlfriend who says 'Hey, Babe, I could really do with a snack'.

Get it yourself. FGS.

This is exactly what I'm thinking whenever this ad comes on. She just continues to sit there being lazy staring at the TV. I mean it would surely take only about 30 seconds to get off her arse and walk to the cupboard! :rolleyes::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Get it yourself. FGS.
    This is exactly what I'm thinking whenever this ad comes on. She just continues to sit there being lazy staring at the TV. I mean it would surely take only about 30 seconds to get off her arse and walk to the cupboard! :rolleyes::mad:

She is one lazy cow and needs a boot up her arse. :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Change the 'n' for an 'm' and that's what she could really do with. :mad:

:)
  • PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sentenza wrote: »
    jarryhack wrote: »

:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.