Options

Danny Alexander may go viral after tonight...

barrcode88barrcode88 Posts: 6,849
Forum Member

Comments

• Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was truly hilarious watching a Liberal activist take the party leadership apart.

Poor, poor Danny. I have never seen a politician so out of it.
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tourista wrote: »
    It was truly hilarious watching a Liberal activist take the party leadership apart.

^ This.

The chap from Winchester was spot on.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    ^ This.

I can honestly say that this guy spoke real sense.

Completely different though to the long line of LibDems trotted out to "rationalise" the bad results.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »

The after effect

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101015151246/muppet/images/0/05/Beaker.jpg
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    He's always looked out of his depth.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's become so deluded into thinking this Government will last forever defeat even in his own seat doesn't seem possible (In his view). The guy was so true why carry on doing the same when people are quite clearly telling them doing the same is going to see many of them kicked out.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I saw that as well. To say that Alexander is completely out of touch with his own natural supporters would be a massive understatement. If anything, he's even more despised by the majority of Lib Dem voters than Clegg.
    Alexander seems to have mastered the trick of looking looking like an over-fed, ginger rabbit, staring into the headlights. While at the same time looking arrogant and smug.
    A loathsome character.
  • Options
    gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rabbit and headlights.

I suppose danny alexander has to appear to remain loyal to clegg, but it was hilarious.
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hypnodisc wrote: »
    ^ This.

Yes - he was very astute. One of the Lib Dems who has no doubt been working so hard for years to get local council control and swing "Not Tory" and sometimes "Not Labour" voters behind the Lib Dem core vote.
    Alexander looked amateur against him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I take it Danny Alexander won't be contesting the LD leadership? ;)
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrcode88 wrote: »

He makes Ed Miliband look like a talented politician.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    He makes Ed Miliband look like a talented politician.

I'd rather dorky Ed than the usual 'cool customer professional statesman' image that dragged us into wars etc, that Cameron and Farage possess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

the way its going will he even be an MP next may ;)
    nothing like the feeling of fear from these people they get so wrapped up in the Westminster bubble coming back to earth with a massive thump. I can honestly say that expression on his face last night was the first Genuine reaction I've seen in 4 years from him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Clegg crying too was pretty genuine, what have the Lib Dems got to lose after last night? Get rid of Clegg now. By the way Danny was lying about tax thresholds on the poor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clegg crying too was pretty genuine, what have the Lib Dems got to lose after last night? Get rid of Clegg now. By the way Danny was lying about tax thresholds on the poor.

they were so obsessed with the AV Vote that appeared to be the stumbling block and maybe shows that naivety people are talking about he broke all the promises the AV vote failed totally and he got angry for the Tories wrecking it? :D he really was angry but didn't grasp the public were also waiting to punish him and that was years ago now.