The One Direction Appreciation Thread (9)

Comments

• Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluesky14 wrote: »
    Where do broken hearts go trending as well now. Zayn's riff at 2.30ish is tremendous.

Loved that bit. His voice sounds so cool on rock tracks. They were all on point - Niall's opening verse was fantastic. I found Harry a bit overdone because he looked ready to fall over but his enthusiasm was very sweet as was Niall's, they were all so amped. I really love the progression of Louis, then Zayn, then Harry at the end of the song.

Also Zayn's Balmain jacket made me feel faint.

All in all, so glad to see them singing a song they all clearly love and a song that does everyone's voices justice. It makes Night Changes and Steal My Girl performances look remarkably drab in comparison. More of this, 1D.
  • andi84andi84 Posts: 2,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think this Sugarscape video has been posted yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ59ofCTLj4

Funny as always :D

Edit: watching it again, I think it's been posted before ;) Sorry about that...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sales are in:

#4 FOUR: 75.975 copies (Total: 351.263!)

#7 Night Changes: 34.120 copies (Total: 95.824)

#12 SMG: around 27k (Total: around 330k --> 3 more weeks for gold? Who would have thought after its second week, when it was already out of the top 10!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    andi84 wrote: »
    Don't think this Sugarscape video has been posted yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ59ofCTLj4

Funny as always :D

Edit: watching it again, I think it's been posted before ;) Sorry about that...

Who's the woman in between Harry and Liam?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluesky14 wrote: »
    Who's the woman in between Harry and Liam?

Probably Sugarscaps chief microphone holder :D
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fantastic performance! They were all so into it and sang beautifully, Zayn's riffs were stunning. He looked like a very beautiful matador, Louis looked back to best and Niall was fantastic opening and rocking with Ronnie, epic night! Their Steal My Girl and Night Changes performances have also been really good. The boys' singing is the best it has ever been I think, the break post-tour did them a lot of good. I'm really looking forward to SNL this weekend. I think they will do Night Changes and Ready To Run.
    Sales are in:

#4 FOUR: 75.975 copies (Total: 351.263!)

#7 Night Changes: 34.120 copies (Total: 95.824)

#12 SMG: around 27k (Total: around 330k --> 3 more weeks for gold? Who would have thought after its second week, when it was already out of the top 10!)

Great figures! Hopefully FOUR will get to 500k by end of the year. A way off from Midnight Memories's 665k (ish) but if they promote a third and fourth single properly it could catch up in the long term. The second album will probably be their peak, which is to be expected for a pop vocal group.

I'm torn over Broken Hearts being a single. XF would be a great one off to get people excited for the song at concerts and to raise interest in the album. It would be hard for an official video to be more exciting than Harry grinding on Ronnie Wood. But it could also be a radio hit, it's so catchy! If they do release Ready To Run then I wonder what promo they will do for it beyond the video. Kiss You and Midnight Memories got the XF Final debut (although MM still wasn't out for months). You & I got Radio 1 Big Weekend.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    I have just seen the performance, it was so lively & great!
    The boys didn't really need an additional singer, so this was a great way to make a small live collaboration. They looked very happy, and so did Ronnie.

I don't know if the rest of the finale is as high energy, but this was awsome.

Yeah. It was Brill. Their voices all sounded great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a fantastic performance! They were all so into it and sang beautifully, Zayn's riffs were stunning. He looked like a very beautiful matador, Louis looked back to best and Niall was fantastic opening and rocking with Ronnie, epic night! Their Steal My Girl and Night Changes performances have also been really good. The boys' singing is the best it has ever been I think, the break post-tour did them a lot of good. I'm really looking forward to SNL this weekend. I think they will do Night Changes and Ready To Run.

Great figures! Hopefully FOUR will get to 500k by end of the year. A way off from Midnight Memories's 665k (ish) but if they promote a third and fourth single properly it could catch up in the long term. The second album will probably be their peak, which is to be expected for a pop vocal group.

I'm torn over Broken Hearts being a single. XF would be a great one off to get people excited for the song at concerts and to raise interest in the album. It would be hard for an official video to be more exciting than Harry grinding on Ronnie Wood. But it could also be a radio hit, it's so catchy! If they do release Ready To Run then I wonder what promo they will do for it beyond the video. Kiss You and Midnight Memories got the XF Final debut (although MM still wasn't out for months). You & I got Radio 1 Big Weekend.

I HOPE so much that RTR isn't the next single!! It's the one song I usually skip when listening to the CD. Even SMG has re-grown on me, enjoy it every time it comes up.

WDBHG would be great for radio, but I think they could release just about every song as the next single, just not RTR :D It's also too similar to SOML, in my opinion.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I HOPE so much that RTR isn't the next single!! It's the one song I usually skip when listening to the CD. Even SMG has re-grown on me, enjoy it every time it comes up.

WDBHG would be great for radio, but I think they could release just about every song as the next single, just not RTR :D It's also too similar to SOML, in my opinion.

Liking Stockholm Syndrome too. Zayn sounds so sexy on that.

Also love No Control. Louis sounds great. This whole album is great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, the guys in the band seemed to love it too!

Bass player:
    Sandy Beales @sandybeales · 23h
    One of the best things I've ever done, on the X-factor with the boys and Ronnie Wood! Booooooom!

Drummer:
    Josh Devine @JoshDevineDrums · 23h
    SO MUCH FUN! Can't believe I got to play on stage with @ronniewood!!! Absolute legend! So blessed to be a part of the 1D family!!

Guitarist:
    Dan Richards @GuitarmanDan · 21h
    Great day at X-Factor, not every day you get a chance to play with rock royalty! #xfactor #ronniewood
    (also tweeting this picture: pic.twitter.com/NtCZwxhJ4V)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, and Where We Are DVD (see, got the title right this time...) still #1 in the music DVD charts.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By the way, the guys in the band seemed to love it too!

Bass player:
    Sandy Beales @sandybeales · 23h
    One of the best things I've ever done, on the X-factor with the boys and Ronnie Wood! Booooooom!

Drummer:
    Josh Devine @JoshDevineDrums · 23h
    SO MUCH FUN! Can't believe I got to play on stage with @ronniewood!!! Absolute legend! So blessed to be a part of the 1D family!!

Guitarist:
    Dan Richards @GuitarmanDan · 21h
    Great day at X-Factor, not every day you get a chance to play with rock royalty! #xfactor #ronniewood
    (also tweeting this picture: pic.twitter.com/NtCZwxhJ4V)

They were great last night. They never get enough credit. Something they probably never expected would ever happen in their lifetime.:D
    Forum Member
    Probably Sugarscaps chief microphone holder :D

I'll have that job - just for One Direction.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ha ha look what I found for all adult directioners

http://www.adultonedirectioners.blogspot.co.uk/

I also received a 1D xmas card in the post this morning which none of my friends are owning up to :D It did make me giggle. So far on the 1D list, last year was an advent calendar and yr before an annual. My friends think they are hilarious :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    I have just seen the performance, it was so lively & great!
    The boys didn't really need an additional singer, so this was a great way to make a small live collaboration. They looked very happy, and so did Ronnie.

Agree, it was the highlight of the XF weekend. There has been some snarkiness elsewhere about the collaboration but I took it at face value and enjoyed it very much.
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Loved it! They all looked so cute, and the vocals were brilliant. Not sure Ronnie Wood was actually playing the guitar for real, and he looked a bit drunk! LOL! Apart from that, it was Brill.

Didn't notice if he was playing or not, but assumed he would be, given the occasion. Of course, Ronnie Wood has blatant previous and goes way back in taking the p*ss out of NOT playing live - that famous TOTP when he was with the Faces and they played football:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xikQ0c5KdZE

and the time he "played" on a loo-seat (not kidding):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG4VvlznDI0

LOL, I think I'm giving my age away here.
    twingle wrote: »

Found the reference to Ronnie Wood being the less well known Stone as bit off, really, bearing in mind his history. Legendary guitarist and it was lovely to see how the boys reacted to the experience of sharing the stage with him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't the boys in Glasgow at some point soon ? Or has that passed already. I haven't heard anything about it up here
    Forum Member

I also received a 1D xmas card in the post this morning which none of my friends are owning up to :D It did make me giggle. So far on the 1D list, last year was an advent calendar and yr before an annual. My friends think they are hilarious :D:D

Haha, he or she doesn't like the clothes they wear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Popjustice saying McBusted are supporting the boys on their Australian leg . L love McFly and loved busted back n the day but don't like either together nor their new sound :o
  • annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry was seen in New York and Niall was at a football game in England yesterday.
    Have they finished the promo tour?

I think that there was some other event in the US (for new year's eve), but it must have been pre-recorded.

EDIT: There is also SNL, so I suppose it's not over after all :)
    3 more things in the US: https://twitter.com/1D_wwaupdate/status/542309054358753281/photo/1
    (2 of which have been pre-recorded I think)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's midweeks:

#7 NC (non-mover)
    #12 SMG (non-mover)

albums:
    #6 FOUR (down 2 places)

--> No sales infos, as only available for top 5. I guess the albums chart is very close around #3-7 (Olly Murs, George Ezra, Take That, One Direction, Michael Bublé). At least #3-5 were all within 2.5k yesterday, Take That falling down 4-5 since yesterday shows numbers are very tight there... Let's hope FOUR can overtake Take That's III :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VERY nice numbers :)

http://www.billboard.com/files/media/top_25_tours_0.pdf

Where We Are tour had more than 2 as many attendees as the #2 tour (Justin Timberlake), but only 69 shows (compared to Justin's 111!).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

hahaha, have you even watched the video before posting it? Or just read the title? :D There's nothing to see there ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hahaha, have you even watched the video before posting it? Or just read the title? :D There's nothing to see there ;)

OOps sorry I posted the wrong one . Will get the proper one with the same title :D
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OOps sorry I posted the wrong one . Will get the proper one with the same title :D

lolz!! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qd20gcqQ0M