Who still likes Roxy Mitchell as much as they used to?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,570
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm just wondering who still likes her these days, or as much as they used to?
She's got in between 3 big eastenders couples - Ronnie and Jack, Kat and Alfie and Christian and Syed. They all have a big fan base. I'm a Ronnie and Jack/ Kat and Alfie fan and i just can't warm to her these days. I know she still has moments when you giggle at her, but i don't know.. i just know when she's around, there's going to be trouble where couples are concerned.

She used to be one of my fave characters when she was fun and cheeky. Her and Ronnie trying to retrieve the Queen Vic Bust and behind the bar. She always had a selfish side but she was still lovable.
But ever since she slept with Jack ( I know Jack's just as much at fault btw), she just always seems to be in the middle of it all.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    I still like her - she hasn't got between Kat/Alfie - Kat thinks she is trying it on with Alfie when she isn't. I can see Kat/Roxy realising they have quite a bit in common and becoming friends eventually. I'm hoping that BK turns her into a fun character again that is when she is at her best - she is has improved a lot recently to where she was this time last year.

also how has she come between Syed/Christian. Christian and Roxy were best friends before Syed even arrived on the square. Syed/Roxy just need to find some common ground because atm she thinks he is to boring for Christian and he thinks she isn't suitable as a friend because she is too out their. The only couple she has come between is Jack/Ronnie and Jack is just as much to blame for that as she is - she didn't force him to sleep with her, it seems Roxy takes all the blame for Amy existing yet Jack was just as much involved as she was yet rarely gets any sort of criticism for the problems it caused for him and Ronnie.
  • LoveWillPrevailLoveWillPrevail Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ASH_23 wrote: »
    I still like her - she hasn't got between Kat/Alfie - Kat thinks she is trying it on with Alfie when she isn't. I can see Kat/Roxy realising they have quite a bit in common and becoming friends eventually. I'm hoping that BK turns her into a fun character again that is when she is at her best - she is has improved a lot recently to where she was this time last year.

QFT!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

also how has she come between Syed/Christian. Christian and Roxy were best friends before Syed even arrived on the square. Syed/Roxy just need to find some common ground because atm she thinks he is to boring for Christian and he thinks she isn't suitable as a friend because she is too out their. The only couple she has come between is Jack/Ronnie and Jack is just as much to blame for that as she is - she didn't force him to sleep with her, it seems Roxy takes all the blame for Amy existing yet Jack was just as much involved as she was yet rarely gets any sort of criticism for the problems it caused for him and Ronnie.

No, i know. I think i phrased what i meant wrong. I just meant that some way or another she's caused upset for the couples. It may not be bad, but still :) I just wanted to see other peoples points of view on it,
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes a nusience. THe sooner shes killed off the better!
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like her - she hasn't got between Kat/Alfie - Kat thinks she is trying it on with Alfie when she isn't.
    She apparently does think Alfie is interested in her, hence the flirting with him, but really he's just being friendly and Alfie-like.

To be honest, I've never really liked Roxy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_abbott wrote: »
    Shes a nusience. THe sooner shes killed off the better!

:D:o:p
  • nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with some of that. But Roxy doesn't get flack for Amy...she gets flack for the fact she named her baby after her sisters dead child (knowing it could be Jack's baby - that was mistake no2). Then, when she should have been begging for forgiveness...she twisted it to be something Ronnie could hang on and blame her for years (when Ronnie had only just found out about the betrayal). Then there was the whole pursuing Jack and going straight after him the day Ronnie left. Not to mention the way she treated Ronnie during the whole Archie business. Roxy doesn't get flack just for Jack. If anything, it is more to do the way she has treated Ronnie.

and Jack has hardly got off scott free. Far from it. He is constantly slated for it and called a cheater/sleaze/womaniser when really he isn't all that bad in terms of the women stakes.

Roxy coming between Kalfie is different though. It's a friendship and no romance involved. And come on...this is Roxy, who dated Dr Al and sean. Roxy is way out of Alfie's league in terms of that one. He's not goodlooking and no bad boy. How would he fit in as Roxy's type. Kat is overeacting. Until Roxy actually tries it on and tries to "steal" him, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. And if they do try and go that route then it is a further example of BK changing character's.

Christian/Syed...she isn't coming between them. That's your very typical case of best friend getting used to not being no 1 and the fact that Christian/Syed are very different, which naturally will lead to issues with a best friend who is as outgoing as Christian.

Roxy is a lot better now than she was this time last year.

As for the wedding, I actually think it's sweet of Roxy and one of the few times she is being unselfish towards Ronnie and trying to do something nice.
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    She apparently does think Alfie is interested in her, hence the flirting with him, but really he's just being friendly and Alfie-like.

To be honest, I've never really liked Roxy.

she is a flirt though - doesn't mean she fancies Alfie. She flirted with Ian once but I don't think she ever wanted him. When the character first arrived she was fun,flirty etc she got turned into a manipulative character by Santer so I'm hoping BK is taking her back to her roots so to speak. A friendship with Kat would be a good start - it would be nice to see her interact with likes of Kim, Kat etc rather than it always being Christian.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to call her Roxanne:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she is a flirt though - doesn't mean she fancies Alfie. She flirted with Ian once but I don't think she ever wanted him. When the character first arrived she was fun,flirty etc she got turned into a manipulative character by Santer so I'm hoping BK is taking her back to her roots so to speak. A friendship with Kat would be a good start - it would be nice to see her interact with likes of Kim, Kat etc rather than it always being Christian.

I thought they were pairing Kat/Ronnie up as friends in light of a forthcoming story? Kat/Roxy are too similar imo to be good friends.
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were pairing Kat/Ronnie up as friends in light of a forthcoming story? Kat/Roxy are too similar imo to be good friends.

agree - it will be Ronnie and Kat that wil become friends and Roxy and Alfie will become friends when shes no longer flirting with him.
    Forum Member

Kat/shirley and Kat/Bianca are similar yet are friends now. Imo Ronne doesn't do friends, especially if they are women, she is happy with Roxy and her mum and that is about it. She doesn't trust people so I can't see her and Kat becoming close at all, and with this who baby swap storyline any friendship would not last anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat/shirley and Kat/Bianca are similar yet are friends now. Imo Ronne doesn't do friends, especially if they are women, she is happy with Roxy and her mum and that is about it. She doesn't trust people so I can't see her and Kat becoming close at all, and with this who baby swap storyline any friendship would not last anyway.

I understood it will hppen though. I agree about the loner comment though. BK does seem to be changing some characters though. He's probablt read all the comments about Ronnie needing a friend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like her, definitely one of the sexiest women on EE, in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    I still like her, definitely one of the sexiest women on EE, in my opinion.

she looks lovely with her new hair, much less trashy - I'm guessing Rita had enough of the extensions
  • polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wish they'd give her a decent story line, instead of her getting what she wants for once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chessie__x wrote: »
    i wish they'd give her a decent story line, instead of her getting what she wants for once.

i agreee she needs a storyline for herself, yes she's had the jack/sean thing with baby amy but that turned out to be a ronnie&jack storyline. then she had the inheritance which was just silly because thats all gone now and everyones using her as there personal bank

i used to love her in her old days with ronnie but at the moment when she's on screen i just sit there thinking whats she going to do next to be a nuisance? and i no thats really cruel but thats what i just keep thinking at the moment

i think if ee gave her a desent storyline to grit her teeth into i think everyone would go back to loving roxy!
    however i still have moments with her when you just sit there laughing at her thinking go roxy:p xx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Yeah, alot of characters are in a bit of a funk in Eastenders when the main stuff is going on, and ever since Archie died, she's not had a whole lot to do.

In fact, even before that, her last decent storyline was the thing with Sean.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still like her, she's the best Mitchell since Grant!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm indifferent
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,791
    Forum Member
    I never liked the character much, esp when she was daddy's girl so much.

She finaly done the right thing on the pub though and nice gesture to Alife.

She should have give her sister at least a million out of the 3 million her weird dad left her.