Options

Glee S5 (UK Pace/Spolier Free)

Comments

• Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is disappointing though.

They seemed to have moved away from big Broadway guest stars to homages to whichever pop star Brennan and Murphy happen to like
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Too true.

Although I don't think its been too bad with guest stars themselves. Some of the ones that have been in it seemed to be chosen more for their roles rather than "look who inexplicably happened to be in Lima, OH today"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Too true.

Although I don't think its been too bad with guest stars themselves. Some of the ones that have been in it seemed to be chosen more for their roles rather than "look who inexplicably happened to be in Lima, OH today"

No that has improved and I think Lambert and Lovato fit sort of well.

Worryingly...Glee : The Musical? Surely a cliche too far? (never mind years too late imo!)

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2013/aug/14/glee-broadway-live-musical-show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^lol bit late I guess, but might be good if done right.

This weeks episode felt like the Glee of old. Great moments, fair bit of humour and some decent songs.

I didn't even mind Tyra Banks hamming it up. I so wanted Wilhelmina Slater to march in and give Ms. Bichette a piece of her mind. ;)

And I kind of like the prospect of Blam moving into Bushwick. Sort of a musical Friends.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    My fave ep ever. Mainly because I love Billy J and therefore knew all the words to every song :D
  • Options
    floozie_21floozie_21 Posts: 3,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My fave ep ever. Mainly because I love Billy J and therefore knew all the words to every song :D

I found it the most boring episode so far :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it tonight, a Billy Joel fan but it had the Glee of old.

Morrison looked to be awake, the Rachel-Sam flirting and the best/worst of Sue
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I'm not a huge Joel fan but the songs they chose were great. They better put them on the next OST rather than the Gaga tripe from a few weeks ago.

As for Sam and Rachel.. well they weren't exactly subtle at hinting at it eh? haha Especially the look on Santana's face at the end. Priceless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^I'm not a huge Joel fan but the songs they chose were great. They better put them on the next OST rather than the Gaga tripe from a few weeks ago.

As for Sam and Rachel.. well they weren't exactly subtle at hinting at it eh? haha Especially the look on Santana's face at the end. Priceless.

No, about as subtle as the Innocent Man performance!
  • Options
    MrEdgarFinchleyMrEdgarFinchley Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never rated Billy Joel's bland Beatles influenced songs, but have to admit they worked well in a musical theatre kind of a way. Not caring much about any of the characters any more, but liked Becky's progress, even though it apparently needed Artie to sort things out. Condescending much?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Never rated Billy Joel's bland Beatles influenced songs...
    Huh? :confused:
    Condescending much?
    Or, more accurately, he is more able to relate to the problems/feelings she was having. (As was made clear in the dialogue!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or, more accurately, he is more able to relate to the problems/feelings she was having. (As was made clear in the dialogue!)
    Yeah, he was the best character to do it. It could have seemed a bit 'condescending' had they had Tina or Kitty offer to help Becky out - of course it wouldn't be written/portrayed like that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting a blaine-athon this week as the first 2 songs were sung by (moistly) him and appeared within the first 10 minutes, but thankfully that didn't happen.

I know Marley/Jake/Ryder had a bit of a storyline this week, but i still can't shake the feeling anyone who isn't Blaine, Sam or the NYC lot is just 'the scenery'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There wasn't nearly enough Blaine for my tastes. :p

You are right though, they do seem to neglect characters quite a bit. Ryder has hardly spoke all season, well up until this episode.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sure Blurred Lines is a big hit for Alan Thicke

Well that would've certainly been different! :D

It's by Robin Thicke, his son ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that would've certainly been different! :D

It's by Robin Thicke, his son ;-)

I know ;-) I just like saying it to see how many remember Alan "Growing Pains" Thicke. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that was..... daft.

Actually for the most part I kinda liked it, true Glee goofiness they only can do once a season. Its just a shame it fell off a cliff with What the Fox Says.

Loved Sue's acknowledgement that they just go to New York at the drop of a hat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Er, so did I sit at the back of the choir room too long as well?? I have no idea what I've just watched

The nasty boys/rhythm nation bit was awesome but the rest? Blaine succeeded in being even more annoying, the Becky puppet was cute
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just weird

Bloody weird.

What was that? One long weird trip

Directed by ERs Rocket Romano too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who wants an episode set in '80's McKinley?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who wants an episode set in '80's McKinley?

It would be fun if they go all gimmicky for the last series.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Just weird

Bloody weird.

What was that? One long weird trip
    That was the general idea :)
    Directed by ERs Rocket Romano too
    Nice spot. (I missed it.)
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was not keen on the Twerking or the Billy Joel episodes :(
  • Options
    Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any idea when Glee will be back on Sky One after the Christmas break?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Looking at the US airdates, it'll be quite a wait. First episode back isn't until February 25th so if Sky keeps it as is we should get it February 28th.