You're Back In The Room - ITV's newest offering

WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
Forum Member
✭✭
Finally looks like a move in the right direction for ITV, with a great, quality, entertaini...oh who am I kidding, couldn't do that with a straight face. A 'new gameshow' where folks are hypnotised, ensuring no doubt hysterically hilarious outcomes. And to top it off, it's hosted by Phil Schofield, who I don't think is on enough shows these days.

Looks about as much fun as an eternity spent being forced to listen to Ke$ha songs.

Comments

• daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Finally looks like a move in the right direction for ITV, with a great, quality, entertaini...oh who am I kidding, couldn't do that with a straight face. A 'new gameshow' where folks are hypnotised, ensuring no doubt hysterically hilarious outcomes. And to top it off, it's hosted by Phil Schofield, who I don't think is on enough shows these days.

Looks about as much fun as an eternity spent being forced to listen to Ke$ha songs.

I've seen this advertised. Your username is just too apt.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seen the trailer. Wont be watching.
  • Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks terrible, but then again it's Saturday night and its ITV.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phillip Schofield puts me off instantly.
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds better than Get Your Act Together, so that's a start. I may give it a go.
  • Fish_and_ChipsFish_and_Chips Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    To be fair you hardly see him the telly these days😄
  • Calamity-joCalamity-jo Posts: 794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We saw an advert for this on Sunday night. In honour of monkey tennis, the OH said "I can hear those simians warming up at Wimbledon!" :D

Seriously though, they don't even bother with tacky hypnotism shows in nightclubs or end of the pier shows now do they?
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds worse than dreadful...
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We saw an advert for this on Sunday night. In honour of monkey tennis, the OH said "I can hear those simians warming up at Wimbledon!" :D

Seriously though, they don't even bother with tacky hypnotism shows in nightclubs or end of the pier shows now do they?

Nope they don't...primarily because everyone realises it's mostly just people playing along.

What a dreadful concept for a show.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen the trailer. Can someone give me a synopsis of it and how it relates to the title?
  • eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen the trailer. Can someone give me a synopsis of it and how it relates to the title?

Imagine the generation game but 10x tackier but with the added hysterical concept that all the contestants are hypnotized.

Genius.
  • COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul Mckenna did the same sort of show in the early 90's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDmNvsYGWQ&spfreload=10
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair you hardly see him the telly these days😄

😅😅😅😅😅
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    COTTONHEAT wrote: »
    Paul Mckenna did the same sort of show in the early 90's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDmNvsYGWQ&spfreload=10

Thank you!!! I've been racking my brains since I saw the advert for this new show trying to remember the other show :D
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any chance I can be hypnotised so that I never see, hear this idiot on my TV ever again.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any chance I can be hypnotised so that I never see, hear this idiot on my TV ever again.

You'd just end up never watching ITV (or The One Show tonight)!
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a ratings winner...

... for BBC and Channel 4.
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw three ITV trailers the other day, one after the other, one for this, one for the 1,000 Heartbeats show and another for some Peter Andrex show and felt thoroughly depressed.

Just when you think ITV can't get any worse, they surprise you yet again.

Weekend morning's Jeremy Kyle marathons anyone?
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a piece promoting the show now on This Morning showing people pretending to be hypnotised.
    And to think ITV took the wrestling off Saturday afternoons because it wasn't authentic.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    What an irresponsible and potentially dangerous thing to be doing, and to be making it into a entertainment show, what if some of the people become disturbed? psychotic? or are they all just going to be actors ?
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen the trailer for this and to be honest I am really surprised that Keith Barry even signed up for it as this looks like an absolute car wreck of a show. I have seen a lot of his work over the years and as a mentalist he is brilliant and extremely funny.

Don't think I will be watching especially after seeing the promo item on This Morning
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC benefit yet again from ITV. It's becoming a pattern.

ITV PLC is a story waiting to happen.
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd just end up never watching ITV (or The One Show tonight)!

Sounds good 😄😄

'You're Back in the Room' well the audience wont be once the ratings are compiled.
  • WhyIsTVSoAwfulWhyIsTVSoAwful Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A promo item for it on This Morning, huh?

I guess that's a blatant, shameless self-promotion courtesy of Phil Schofield there, as he is the common denominator in the two shows. Sounds as bad as when BBC programmes that have a presenter taking part in that year's Strictly shoehorn a mention of it into their show every 5 minutes...