• AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just received my Hyde Park tickets......................YIPPEE!!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YAY Wizzy!!

and so true i think what we have seen are like tour concept designs....but i really cannot wait.

Mediatraffic has reprted MDNA is the fastest selling album of 2012 thus far and the biggest selling worldwide of the year so far with around 1.1million copies sold globally already.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »

Aww i got mine too
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate people calling MDNA a flop when it has done really well. I am jealous of you guys seeing her at Hyde Park, i wanted to go but can't afford it now :(
  • PiippPiipp Posts: 2,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »

Ahhh I'm so jealous! My Edinburgh tickets haven't even been dispatched yet! Is it likely they'll be sent out soon, seeing as the London tickets are now being sorted?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate people calling MDNA a flop when it has done really well. I am jealous of you guys seeing her at Hyde Park, i wanted to go but can't afford it now :(

Well lets face it the word "flop" is so so so overused. I mean Born This Way, Femme Fatale, 4 were labeled "flop" last year besides the fact that after a year 4 and FF sold over a million globally each and Born This Way was one of the years bigger sellers....despite "one-in-a-million" Adele with 21 being the bigger seller of the year with zillions of copies sold....doesnt make it a "flop" MEEEH!

And MDNA is already ahead of so many pop stars and even rock stars already out there in terms of sales...i mean she is ahead of Del Rey, Sande, etc worldwide this year already...imagine if she had actual physical MDNA promo for the album she would be a whole league ahead of them tbh!

But in a digital age, selling on name alone and selling over a million copies already globally....that is something to boast about :cool:
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    we need a killer single! to match the Killer theme! (Tour Clue**)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we need a killer single! to match the Killer theme! (Tour Clue**)

A beautiful killer with a beautiful face :cool:
    Forum Member
    a revolver for a gang bang? Could this be a case of being in deeper and deeper?
    Forum Member
    but dont worry theres always another suitcase in another hall lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah found this pic on FB.....remember buying the Q Magazine of it too with "Madonna Attacks"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/536703_10150825562755339_72928245338_12469076_1718080487_n.jpg

I did kinda hope there would have been Mag opportunities and smaller press interviews for MDNA awareness and the promo campaign of sorts too. Using Mert and Marcus photography from the album sessions, would make gloriously captivating magazine covers for the likes of Q, ROlling Stone etc.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I love Frozen so much! What an amazing song, one of the first Madonna songs I came across as a little one haha, really wish I'd been old enough to remember and experience the premiere, I could just imagine the pleasant surprise everyone must have had :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is that vibe Frozen paints aint it....really does showcase that era of time within society really. The media in hysteria....the death of Diana, the progression of the indie markets/grunge/futurism....films like American Beauty, The Matrix, Fight Club ruling the roost. Ray Of Light as an album and Frozen epitomises the timelessness of that period of time itself. Frozen in time, transcends life!

:)
    Forum Member
    It is that vibe Frozen paints aint it....really does showcase that era of time within society really. The media in hysteria....the death of Diana, the progression of the indie markets/grunge/futurism....films like American Beauty, The Matrix, Fight Club ruling the roost. Ray Of Light as an album and Frozen epitomises the timelessness of that period of time itself. Frozen in time, transcends life!

:)

Indeed! All of that and in terms of Madonna's career, Bedtime Stories would have been a distant memory I would have thought and with Evita and the birth of Lola and Kabbalah, the people who acknowledged all this must have known something brilliant was going to happen on Madonna's next album but the fun part would have guessing what :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Indeed! All of that and in terms of Madonna's career, Bedtime Stories would have been a distant memory I would have thought and with Evita and the birth of Lola and Kabbalah, the people who acknowledged all this must have known something brilliant was going to happen on Madonna's next album but the fun part would have guessing what :p

Imagine if internet, forums etc were active and like this 15 years ago :eek:

What discussions etc would have been held. Very exciting to think about definitely....and again....."oh to have been my age back then!" :(:sleep::D:cool:
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Today I've had the Sticky & Sweet Tour into "C-A-N-D-Y, C-A-N-D-Y, C-A-N-D-Y, candy shop" chant stuck in my head all day! :mad: :D
  • QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daughter just watched the GGW video and said she'd never seen men wearing high heels. I said 'you've not seen Simon Cowells heels?' LOL!
    Forum Member
    Imagine if internet, forums etc were active and like this 15 years ago :eek:

What discussions etc would have been held. Very exciting to think about definitely....and again....."oh to have been my age back then!" :(:sleep::D:cool:

I know God it would have been awesome! And compared to some bullshit out today, though everything happens for a reason and Ray of Light fitted perfectly where it did because of Madonna's transformation as well as the approaching millennium
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am totally in love with the Erotica album. I played it today for the first time in years and ahhhh I love it. I think her ''sex'' era was my favourite Madonna moment.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    I love Frozen so much! What an amazing song, one of the first Madonna songs I came across as a little one haha, really wish I'd been old enough to remember and experience the premiere, I could just imagine the pleasant surprise everyone must have had :)

It was incedible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQChu-ddjbE&feature=related

^^^ it was an event

I remember everyone being in shock at how good it was. There was posters all over the place billing Ray Of Light as her greatest work and I think I recall the statement 'get into the new groove' being used as a huge headline to promote the album.

1998 was a great time to be a Madonna fan. She couldn't do a thing wrong. Everyone was completely in love with her again. Although there was some outrage over the Drowned World/ substitute for love video but that passed.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daughter just watched the GGW video and said she'd never seen men wearing high heels. I said 'you've not seen Simon Cowells heels?' LOL!

:D:D:D
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If that happened it could get her a top 10 hit! :)
This discussion has been closed.