Locked Orange e-mail account

Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Can anyone help re this please?

"This account has been locked for one of the following reasons:

Your mailbox has been permenantly locked for breaching terms and conditions.
If you wish to query this descision please email locked.accounts@uk.orange.com"

At first view their site does not help.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Copied from your other tread...

Well the first thing that makes me suspicious is the URL. The orange website is orange.co.uk And help for Orange webmail redirects to the EE website.

I would go to the real Orange website and see if you can find any contact details. Though you may find e-mail addresses as rare as rocking horse droppings if my experience of trying to find contact details for them is anything to go by. They seem to want you to phone them.
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I won't do that so suppose I go with Yahoo or something. Thanks.

PS - I did think I had already created a thread but could not find it. Sorry.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like the e-mail has been hacked. Who knows for what purpose. Even if it's not an important account better to get it sorted as you don't know if whoever hacked it is sending loads of spam in your name.

BTW. Would be worth doing a full scan of your computer with your anti-virus and something like Malwarebytes just to be on the safe side. If you have visited a dodgy website it pays to be safe than sorry just in case it's sneaked some nasty onto your machine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the Malwarebytes thing to no avail - it did detect a sizeable number of threats though! Same message re inbox so will do another email account me thinks. Ta for your help.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delta toolbar seems to have a bit of a reputation. Does anyone have experience of getting rid of it?
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delta toolbar seems to have a bit of a reputation. Does anyone have experience of getting rid of it?

Similar problem here
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1874690&highlight=delta
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I have since got rid of it. My e-mail message said my session has expired. The problem looks terminal unfortunately.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..and selfishly sharing my problem with the world (!)....if I send an e-mail to my address it bounces back now! No idea what went wrong as it has been up and running for years.