Family Guy Kills Off Character (Spoilers)

Comments

• GrimmGhostGrimmGhost Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    He was replaced almost immediately by Paulie (voiced by Sopranos star Tony Sirico)

Vinny
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't for one second think that it's permanent however they've played a blinder in doing it. Everyone is talking about it and the last time anything like this happened was with the Bird is the word episode is season 8? Even that was just for the song rather than the episode.

I liked the episode itself - didnt ruin it with too many jokes and it gave it a sense of meaning. I loved the scene with stewie telling vinny he had a lot to catch up on.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ban this sick filth!

(seriously, do people still think this is permanent?)
  • Gizmo210688Gizmo210688 Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, from all of the stuff I've seen written from interviews and the like, it does seem as though Brian is gone for good.

Personally I think it's a mistake, logically it makes sense (mum, dad, three kids and their dog, chances are the dog will die before anyone else), but in terms of a animated comedy, it's a bit different. Either it will allow the show to be taken in a slightly different direction, or people will just switch off.

Admittedly, having seen the scene where he dies thanks to this thread (something tells me that won't be available on YouTube for long), it was very tastefully done, and the final words from Brian really did hit home as this being a permanent change. Probably one of, if not the most emotional thing that Family Guy has ever done.

I can see maybe Brian appearing in flashbacks, or maybe a storyline where Stewie attempts to bring him back, but part of me thinks he's gone for good. :(
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    will F.G have a new opening next week?
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That makes me wonder if the character to be killed off in The Simpsons will be Santa's Little Helper!
  • eyponeypon Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Nearly had a tear in my eye but seriously FG loves messing with people.
  • Jimmy Big LegsJimmy Big Legs Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    If they were going to replace Brian with anyone I'd have liked it to have been his cousin Jasper. Although, if it was a case of reducing Seth's workload then I guess that wouldn't have worked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    If they were going to replace Brian with anyone I'd have liked it to have been his cousin Jasper. Although, if it was a case of reducing Seth's workload then I guess that wouldn't have worked.

If Seth wanted tor reduce his workload, why didn't he just ask 20th Century Fox to end American Dad! rather than finding a new network for it?
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickyBarby wrote: »
    will F.G have a new opening next week?
    If so, I bet the chances are it will be severely dumbed down, no Lois playing the piano etc, probably just a quick view of Spooner Street, then the remaining Griffins sat on a sofa, then the TV, then the opening for whatever episode is on! :(
  • TiwttmosTiwttmos Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefiully the new dog won't sing annoying songs, that take up half the show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiwttmos wrote: »
    Hopefiully the new dog won't sing annoying songs, that take up half the show.
    Hopefully, Quagmire won't hate this new dog like he hated Brian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Seth wanted tor reduce his workload, why didn't he just ask 20th Century Fox to end American Dad! rather than finding a new network for it?

Wait, American Dad! has been cancelled on Fox?

Also, I would argue, Seth McFarlane's better work is on American Dad now. Family Guy isn't as good, really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Family guy stopped being funny about three season's ago. This just feels like a gimmick.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if they killed Meg no one would be upset .

If I got to work with Mila Kunis on a daily basis and they got rid of her I'd be very upset
    GrimmGhost wrote: »
    Vinny

Oops, Paulie is who he played on the Sopranos
    LadySponge wrote: »
    Wait, American Dad! has been cancelled on Fox?

Yes, its moving to TBS from next year
  • Aidan11Aidan11 Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe's son once died and suddenly he came back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    If I got to work with Mila Kunis on a daily basis and they got rid of her I'd be very upset

They rarely record all their parts at the same time, though. It's probably rare that they're all in the same room at the same time, anyway, beyond the initial read-throughs... if they even do that...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'll be back...if not, i'll stop watching it...he's my favourite one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Howcome nobody made a big fuss when Diane the news reporter got killed off back in 2010 in the episode "And Then There Were Fewer"? :confused::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xp95 wrote: »
    Howcome nobody made a big fuss when Diane the news reporter got killed off back in 2010 in the episode "And Then There Were Fewer"? :confused::rolleyes:

She wasn't exactly a main part... It's like when the female bus driver was killed off in South Park...

Thinking about it, Dr Nick was killed off at the end of The Simpson's Movie but he's been back since, no-one said a dickiebird...
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because he knows American Dad is 10x better than Family Guy. Family Guy may get more viewers but it doesn't make it better.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xp95 wrote: »

It's hardly the same thing is it ?
  • Robbie_90Robbie_90 Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    A part of me thinks he'll be back anyway.

If it is permanent then I'm very disappointed. A light-hearted comedy show doesn't need to deal with death.
  • RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Says its closed maybe a page would be better:confused: