When will they show us the PS4

Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
Forum Member
Some people just won't buy an idea or just a spec sheet

If they can picture it in their home they may have a greater interest.

When are we likely to actually see the physical machine?

Comments

• AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    http://www.e3expo.com/ - This will answer your question
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    It makes me laugh how upset people got that they never saw a MODEL, seriously, it's like SCREW ALL THE FACTS, how will it look in my living room? ...because THAT determines what you buy.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    I hope it looks smooth n' stylish!
    There are still a lot of exciting unanswered questions: Will PS+ be a part of it and how?
    Share button? - What’s the point when now every device has access to You Tube for hints?
    Friends taking control, to 'help you out'? - Sorry that's just sounds like plain cheating!! Should be deducted trophies for using such a feature!! :D
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chparmar wrote: »
    I hope it looks smooth n' stylish!
    There are still a lot of exciting unanswered questions: Will PS+ be a part of it and how?
    Share button? - What’s the point when now every device has access to You Tube for hints?
    Friends taking control, to 'help you out'? - Sorry that's just sounds like plain cheating!! Should be deducted trophies for using such a feature!! :D

I'll take this one!

1 - Yes, it's been confirmed PS+ will continue, Shuhei Yoshida said a few months ago that they are looking at the possibilities for different tiers of it on PS4.

2 - It doesn't have to be for hints, it's more likely for sharing particularly epic moments, superb killstreaks, stuff like that.

3 - It's been confirmed, or at least reported, that developers have the power to disable the share button in certain sections of their games, I suspect this will extend to the 'help-out' feature too.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    It makes me laugh how upset people got that they never saw a MODEL, seriously, it's like SCREW ALL THE FACTS, how will it look in my living room? ...because THAT determines what you buy.

When you go to a car showroom it is generally a good idea to see what the car looks like before buying it :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you go to a car showroom it is generally a good idea to see what the car looks like before buying it :cool:

yep, which is why car manufacturers unveil thei new models at events like the Geneva motor show (ie, the motor industry's E3), but it's not at all unusual for them to release technical information about the new model months in advance of the main launch to garner interest.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ash_735 wrote: »

Yep, indeed. Tech aspects are utterly key. The visual is a very, very distant second. However, I'm sure Sony have knocked something together that won't look too shabby. E3 will be hugely entertaining this year.
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    It seems people have very short memories. In most cases with console announcements they don't show the box till after it's announced, however in the past these media events have been lower key, the only thing difference to normal console announcements is that the PS4 announcement was a bigger and more in-detail event.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate this wanting to know/caring how it looks thing

Its kind of a pointless thing to care about

''oh but it might look ugly when sitting next to everything else in my living room'' is one argument you hear a lot but i'm sure 99.9% of people don't give a shit about how a small box that'll play games will look in your living room

As for people who won't buy one if it looks 'bad', why don't you think up your top ten games of all time and think about if you missed out on them because the console didn't look amazing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't going to be a decision maker for many I am sure, but it is nice to at least know what it will look like!

Imagine if they came out at E3 with no box :D
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Its sharing how you did a particular moment with your friends. A lot easier to find than youtube.

Its closer to Twitch than YouTube anyway.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 - It's been confirmed, or at least reported, that developers have the power to disable the share button in certain sections of their games, I suspect this will extend to the 'help-out' feature too.

True, think blocking spoilers.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    chopoff wrote: »

Imagine if they came out at E3 with no box :D

Love it !

Please let this happen !
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it mildly amusing that if you follow PS4 links on PSN, the PS4 controller is there in all its glory, getting gamers excited to the point of wetting themselves. Not quite.

The PS4 will be black, have 6 sides, be roughly the same size as the fat PS3 with the new PS4 logo... you'll see it when Sony show us it, nobody on forums can help you there.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    I'll take this one!

1 - Yes, it's been confirmed PS+ will continue, Shuhei Yoshida said a few months ago that they are looking at the possibilities for different tiers of it on PS4.

2 - It doesn't have to be for hints, it's more likely for sharing particularly epic moments, superb killstreaks, stuff like that.

hmmmm, so a more expensive PS+; it be worth it if they actually gave out good games.

Share button - so this uploads your sharing to a specfic PSN site, with your PSN ID. Nothing to do with You Tube and other social networks?
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmmmm, so a more expensive PS+; it be worth it if they actually gave out good games.

PS+ with different pricing tiers could equally mean a cheaper service becomes available ;)

As for PS+ actually giving good games that's completely subjective, PS+ has given many many good game IMHO.
  • mojobrewmojobrew Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS+ has given LOADS of ACE games, I'd suggest.
  • redhatmattredhatmatt Posts: 5,197
    Forum Member
    When Sky GO and or Now TV as well as demand five launch on the PS3 they will show you what the PS4 looks like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Share button - so this uploads your sharing to a specfic PSN site, with your PSN ID. Nothing to do with You Tube and other social networks?

It already does give out quite brilliant games at times, at £30 a year (if you hunt for the right deals) it's already worth it, the more expensive version will only add features, not make the current deal more expensive.

As for the video uploads, Sony have tied it with UStream and integrated the social features with Facebook.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    That hardly matters when the PS4 isn't on sale yet. The hardware specification has to be fixed relatively early so the game developers know what they are targeting, but the box cosmetics can be left until nearer the launch. We'll know what it looks like months before we're able to buy it.
    Partly to make it easier to generate those You Tube hints.

Multi-player games are already quite social, and they want to enable a more social aspect for single player games too. I doubt I'll use it much myself, but I don't begrudge other people having it available.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    Dansky+HD wrote: »

If they can picture it in their home they may have a greater interest.

When are we likely to actually see the physical machine?

I recall reading after the annoucement that the reason the actual design wasnt available to see was due to the final design not being finalised at that point.

i know im gonna be looking forward to E3 - and i know ill be buying one at some point!
  • gothergother Posts: 14,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    redhatmatt wrote: »
    When Sky GO and or Now TV as well as demand five launch on the PS3 they will show you what the PS4 looks like.

Both are now on the ps3 :p
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I hate this wanting to know/caring how it looks thing

Its kind of a pointless thing to care about

''oh but it might look ugly when sitting next to everything else in my living room'' is one argument you hear a lot but i'm sure 99.9% of people don't give a shit about how a small box that'll play games will look in your living room

As for people who won't buy one if it looks 'bad', why don't you think up your top ten games of all time and think about if you missed out on them because the console didn't look amazing

To be honest, the looks on the console are important to me. I want MY PS4 to look nice. I actually like the look of the Xbox One but that's it !

So. you'll be ok buying a PS4 if the console was a giant cock and you had to insert the disk via the japs eye ?

:eek:

OTT but looks mean alot.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    So. you'll be ok buying a PS4 if the console was a giant cock and you had to insert the disk via the japs eye ?

:eek:

OTT but looks mean alot.

I would choice the system with the games I want, the features I want and the functionality I want before ever considering design.

If the super stylish good looking system didnt have the games I wanted, blocked certain features and lacked the functionality I desired but the system which looked like a giant cock did I would buy the system which looked like a giant cock. At the end of the day it will sit in a cupboard under my TV and I will only really look at the box when putting a disc in.
  • steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Do u get free games on Xbox live gold? What do u get for ur money on Xbox gold vs ps+?

I love the ps+model - £2-4pm, several games to get through for free - I still have 5+ aaa games I haven't even started yet...