Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 6)

1189190191192193195»

Comments

• Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it might of helped had we seen Debbie and Cameron fall for each other but obviously due to Charlie's pregnancy that all happened off screen, in the new year they really need to give her a good 6 month spell of cheerfulness otherwise no one will give a shite about her next spell of misery
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were together for a while before Sarah got ill. Even then Debbie looked like she barely tolerated him.
  • Jimmy SkitzJimmy Skitz Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    They were together for a while before Sarah got ill. Even then Debbie looked like she barely tolerated him.

exactly when he turned up she spent weeks telling him to leave, we literally saw nothing of their supposed happiness
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am just amazed at the difference between the 2 unrequited loves being shown. Alicia loves Durvid and wants him to be happy even though it is with someone else. Cue excellent acting mostly without words(so the writers cannot ruin the SL) . Debbie allegedly loves Scumeron but would rather he be dead than with anyone else. Cue disgraceful acting by one of the "so called Leading Lights in Emmerland. Charley Webb is often lauded by TBTB as one of the better actors Sorry since she has "grown up" her Acting skills are decidedly lacking as far as I can see

Although I get your point I suppose they are two different scenarios.

Debbie was actually in a relationship with Cameron and we are being told (because we never actually saw it) that he was the love of her life (I know, :yawn:). Alicia has only ever been in a pretend relationship with David. But I agree, Alicia has been the epitome of being dignified and proud when your heart is broken - unlike the spoilt Debbie who is used to people doing what she says and bending to her will.

How can David prefer vacuous Priya to Alicia? :(
    it might of helped had we seen Debbie and Cameron fall for each other but obviously due to Charlie's pregnancy that all happened off screen, in the new year they really need to give her a good 6 month spell of cheerfulness otherwise no one will give a shite about her next spell of misery

Totally agree with this. Otherwise I don't really see how the character can survive. Not many people want to watch unrelenting misery!
    MissLola wrote: »

Which is the main problem - many viewers just didn't buy into her and Cameron. To me the problem is that the actress who plays Debbie has trouble getting complex feelings across to the viewer. She has to say how she's feeling for me to know as Debbie's quite stony faced and often unemotional. There's hardly any hint of what's happening underneath the surface.

But what I REALLY want is for someone to tell her to pull herself together, forget about the useless waste of space that is Cameron and concentrate on her kids! Especially the spare parts baby who she's rarely seen with :mad: She has so much to be thankful for yet all she can focus on is Cameron? B*ll*cks! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see they are making the poisoned dwarf even more despicable. Yes we know he is 3 months premature Dan, which is why he wouldn't be off the breathing ventilator. That new child actor is awful. More Katie childless boring SL, does anyone actually care?
    Does anyone want to see snoggage behind the bar. Back to the boring childless SL. Thank heavens Moira has finally owned up to being a widow. Why do they have to make children in soaps so horrible. Poisoned dwarf sending me his love would make me vomit. Where the heck would Bernice get the money from? Goodness Declan, loads of people don't have son's, grow up :eek:
  • avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was so looking forward to Bernice coming back into the show now I wished she never had.
  • barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you reckon Megan is wearing a wig ? I know quite a few of them do ( Val, Diane etc ) but Megan's hair is very lush for someone of her age ?
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    Do you reckon Megan is wearing a wig ? I know quite a few of them do ( Val, Diane etc ) but Megan's hair is very lush for someone of her age ?

I think she's only meant to be 40ish!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member

No she doesn't, and nor does Diane anymore, where have you been?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Nick , last time I met Liz she had thinnish brown hair and obviously wore a highlighted wig for the show.Forgive me for not spotting her real hair is now high lighted .Where have I been ? at the Wooly having a gin and tonic of course :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Biggest laugh of the day, we have been invited to join Lemsip's facebook page, as if. Nice to see Nick has joined us again
  • mr. mustardmr. mustard Posts: 48,888
    Forum Member
    the Maurel scenes were so, so dreadful
    It's hard to believe anyone ever considered putting Laurel and Moron together was a good idea. It doesn't work and it's never going to work.
    Forum Member
    Nick Miles wrote: »
    No she doesn't, and nor does Diane anymore, where have you been?
    Everyone's entitled to ask questions occasionally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Musty , it was hardly the most offensive post was it ?
    But you're ok Nick , we all know you don't wear a wig ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Diane doesn't wear a wig anymore? I thought she still did Sign of a good wig I suppose. Not being able to tell the difference.
  • desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you're ok Nick , we all know you don't wear a wig ;)

ROFL:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    You know I was just reading all the different forums On here as I like to do:
    And I've got to admit, I thought Diane wore a wig!
    I'm amazed by the random information I learn on this site :-)
    I love it here :-)
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You know I was just reading all the different forums On here as I like to do:
    And I've got to admit, I thought Diane wore a wig!
    I'm amazed by the random information I learn on this site :-)
    I love it here :-)

I saw your post count and was going to say a big Welcome to DS, until I realised you joined 20 months before I did. :o

:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Thank you :-)
    I did join but I've only recently got into posting on here,
    I still don't know how to do half the stuff
    Slow learner lol
  • AllyLKAllyLK Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Merry Xmas All! Haven't posted in ages but decided I'd start contributing more regularly again as I've enjoyed certain aspects of the show after a really dodgy year - I will never forgive them for demolishing the Thomas family but at least Aaron is gone I suppose :D

I'll start with my favourites - they've really improved the Nikhil/Gennie dynamic, which I hope means they are taking heed of the fact that most viewers love these two. The baby has really helped cement them and I'm glad they've their own place rather than being crammed into Holdgate. Nikhil's character has really strengthened as a result of Molly's birth and I love how he's no longer the family joke or disappointment. I'd like to see more of him and David, which I'm sure will happen when the David/Priya reveal happens. I'm probably in the minority but I quite like Priya. I think both her and Alicia have handled the David situation really well and were surprisingly grown up about it. Natalie Anderson is fantastic as Alicia and I completely agree with those who have praised her ability to show emotion. All in all I've enjoyed the last few weeks with these characters.

Jimmy and Nicola continue to be favourites of mine. It was also great to have Scarlett back and I only wish it was permanent. The main reason I liked Scarlett was that she was one of the few nice and dare I say it normal characters. I loved her relationship with Jimmy as well - he was kind of more of a father figure than a brother. Loved all of the aftermath of Carl's death with the Kings and the way Nicola supported Jimmy - also him lying in court putting Nicola and Angel ahead of Chas. Nicola was great as well revealing Bernice's affair to Steve's wife - typical Nicola dishing it out in a fit of rage! I loved Bernice last time around and enjoy her air of superiority behind the bar. Her acting is a bit hammy at the moment but the way she treats Laurel like hired help is hilarious. I'd really like Rodney and Diane to get together and place the Blackstocks all in the pub - they'd be a great family if consolidated a bit more.

Delighted Edna is back centre stage at last although Charity has been truly awful to her and the Kings lately. I saw from the spoilers that Georgia is making an appearance soon so I wonder if that means the Jai/Rachel reveal is coming as the writers would be idiots not to have her in the mix. I cannot wait for this to happen - Charity needs taking down a peg or two and the episodes should be fantastic as I really rate Emma Aitkins. It'll be great seeing the Dingles kick off with the Spencers as I'd say Ali could beat even a strong man in a fist fight :eek:

Other highlights for me have included having nice Katie back after the dodgy few weeks after the wedding, the Moira/Cain pairing, Eric continuing to be the voice of reason in the midst of all his high maintenance ladies, Gabby still representing the nation in her hatred of Maurel, Vanessa appearing to be a promising addition and even the little story with Zak & Lisa struggling as Belle enters her teenage years.

Now the bad parts.. over the past few years Emmerdale seems to have slipped up with balancing character use. Last year Aaron and Amy were repeatedly shoved down our throats to the point where I completely hated the pair of them. I quite like Amy now as she's seen as much as everyone else but with Aaron it got to the stage where I even developed an inexplicable dislike for the actor, Danny Miller. This year the overuse of Chas and Debbie has been ridiculous and I'm beginning to feel the same way about them as I did with Aaron and Amy. The other jarring point for me has been the running situation with Marlon, Laurel, Paddy and Rhona. I love the normal fun loving Rhona but her involvement in this fiasco could have ruined a great character - I just hope Vanessa's arrival will save her. Laurel on the other hand has been ruined beyond belief and breaking up the Thomas family just to shoehorn Marlon into a more central role was unforgiveable. ED seem to really rate certain actors - Charnock, Pargeter, Webb etc and for some reason all the other characters can be sacrificed if it means holding onto this acting 'talent' :confused: If there's anything I'd like to see in Emmerdale for 2013 it's sharing out the stories better and to write for the characters and not because they want to tackle a particular plot e.g. elder abuse, the Cain whodunnit etc

Anyway rant over! Happy New Year everyone! :D:D
    Forum Member
    Indeed Barrowgirl :)
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Diane doesn't wear a wig anymore? I thought she still did Sign of a good wig I suppose. Not being able to tell the difference.

Yes I thought she still did.
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Thank you :-)
    I did join but I've only recently got into posting on here,
    I still don't know how to do half the stuff
    Slow learner lol

You'll catch up. Practice makes perfect they say.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,750
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=63246931#post63246931
    This discussion has been closed.