Options

EE would max really marry someone else?

13»

Comments

• Options
    EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he does love tanya though and she did have cancer. just because you might be settling for someone doesnt mean you dont love them. just that they might be your 2nd choice

I think Max was settling with Kirsty just like Vanessa
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    I think Max was settling with Kirsty just like Vanessa

then why be tempted to go in :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no neither do i but i love max and i dont want the past year development to have been for nothing. hence why i think he could end up cheating on tanya again! but it'd be interesting if they were taking this in a new direction

I agree with you but I don't think they will go back on his development, I think he'll stick it out with Tanya despite being tempted and it'll be something else which will drive them apart in the long run, maybe even Tanya realising she just can't trust him despite him being faithful?
  • Options
    TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The storyline is ridiculous and unbelievable even when he did marry Kirsty wasn't he with Vanessa at the time ? :confused:
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    The storyline is ridiculous and unbelievable even when he did marry Kirsty wasn't he with Vanessa at the time ? :confused:

No this was after Vanessa had gone - can't believe how quickly it's gone since Bubbly's in the fridge left :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Max reminds me of Ian and Steve in Corrie - they always seem to be in love with their new woman and it's always the real thing before they move on swiftly to the next.

Haha, Steve is awful for it! How many "great loves" has he had? Karen, Michelle and Becky, also Vicky millions of years ago if I recall?
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    gemgem1987 wrote: »
    Haha, Steve is awful for it! How many "great loves" has he had? Karen, Michelle and Becky, also Vicky millions of years ago if I recall?

yep, I always laugh when he says that he loves them - he even tried to convince Tracy that she was the one after all :rolleyes::)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    then why be tempted to go in :confused:

Because when you care for someone you still want to know they're ok if you break up with them, you can't just switch that off :) unless its a hideous break up which by all accounts it wasn't, Max jusy left her high and dry. Maybe he even felt guilty and simply wanted to go in and explain?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Max loves Tanya more and then Stacey is a very close second and now Kirsty is in third position imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Max loves Tanya more and then Stacey is a very close second and now Kirsty is in third position imo.

I would agree with this, his poor first wife didn't stand a chance did she?
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's perfectly logical. He left a broken man and wanted a stable, long term future so he rushed into marriage with somebody else as a knee jerk reaction.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would agree with this, his poor first wife didn't stand a chance did she?

He was going to leave Tanya for Stacey in 2007 and he was going to leave Vanessa for Stacey in December 2010 but he always tries to win back Tanya alot so that is why I have put Tanya as the woman he loves the most =, Stacey in second and then Kirsty in third but I don't know if I should put Vanessa or Rachael in 4th place? If Tanya ever gets cancer again and she dies and then Stacey comes back then out of Stacey and Kirsty Max would go for Stacey then but then if it is a choice out of Kirsty, Vanessa and Rachael then I think he would go for Kirsty then but if its a choice out of Vanessa and Rachael then I don't know who he would go for then? I would like that Gemma woman to come back to try and get Max back since Max was having an affair with Gemma when he first arrived in Albert Square in 2006 I would of liked the writers to explore that affair more
  • Options
    UnlikelyHeroineUnlikelyHeroine Posts: 1,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soap characters tend to get married at the drop of a hat; generally more quickly, and more often, than anyone in real life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was going to leave Tanya for Stacey in 2007 and he was going to leave Vanessa for Stacey in December 2010 but he always tries to win back Tanya alot so that is why I have put Tanya as the woman he loves the most =, Stacey in second and then Kirsty in third but I don't know if I should put Vanessa or Rachael in 4th place? If Tanya ever gets cancer again and she dies and then Stacey comes back then out of Stacey and Kirsty Max would go for Stacey then but then if it is a choice out of Kirsty, Vanessa and Rachael then I think he would go for Kirsty then but if its a choice out of Vanessa and Rachael then I don't know who he would go for then? I would like that Gemma woman to come back to try and get Max back since Max was having an affair with Gemma when he first arrived in Albert Square in 2006 I would of liked the writers to explore that affair more

I wouldn't know where to put Vanessa either to be honest (I actually forgot about her!), but probably Rachel last! I'd also forgotten about the initial affair when they first arrived
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's perfectly logical. He left a broken man and wanted a stable, long term future so he rushed into marriage with somebody else as a knee jerk reaction.

I think so too. He thought he'd lost his family, everything was hopeless.

As he actually said, they were both - he and Kirsty, messed up.

And she wanted proof that he loved her.

And I think, in that situation there was a connection, and it was all he had, and they were both drowning.

Max thought that it might be something.

But what he wanted was Tanya and his children, and he came back because of them, in spite of everything.

He treated Kirsty badly mind, no question.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember in 2008 when Tanya slept with Jack when Max went away Tanya was married to Max on paper but she had split up with him and when she got together with Greg in 2010 her last name was still Branning and her divorce was not finalized until June 2010 but on paper before that she was still a married woman
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    It's such a disappointing secret.. who cares if he married someone else? so did Tanya.. when they were NOT together! I get that he didn't tell her, but he thought it was done with.. I think It's a bit over dramatic.
  • Options
    TranceClubberTranceClubber Posts: 2,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No this was after Vanessa had gone - can't believe how quickly it's gone since Bubbly's in the fridge left :)

I loved that scene probably the most memorable scene EE has had in a long time. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any one who has watched Max and knows him would know that he will never love any other woman like her loves Tanya. She has always been the one for him and he has said so as well many times.

Kirsty was obviously a rebound. He thought he had no chance with Tanya, his kids, even Abi told him to never come back so when he met Kirsty he had nothing and no one so he settled for her. The fact that it all happened in 3 months shows it can't have really been 'love' it doesn't take a man like Max to fall in love in 3 months. He was a man with no other options, basically.

Max said that when he came back and realised that Tanya actually did love her and only told him to go bacause of cancer, nothing else mattered, Kirsty didn't matter anymore. It was that easy for him to leave her. And that has always been him, despite his affairs, he has always wanted Tan.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because when you care for someone you still want to know they're ok if you break up with them, you can't just switch that off :) unless its a hideous break up which by all accounts it wasn't, Max jusy left her high and dry. Maybe he even felt guilty and simply wanted to go in and explain?

That is exactly how it seemed. It was most probably the guilt.