Got To Dance- Will there be a series 5??

Dan_LFCDan_LFC Posts: 577
Forum Member
✭✭
I was just wandering, has there been any official confirmation of the show returning in 2014 yet?

The reason I ask looking on various pages, the producer auditions were already well underway at this point in previous series and despite searching numerous times online and looking on the Sky 1 website, nothing seems to incline that a fifth series is forthcoming.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Comments

• batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame really if not, as I quite enjoyed this show, plus the singing competition that Sky did (which I thought was better than the X-Factor or the BBC's one from a few years back).
  • Dan_LFCDan_LFC Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any update on this?

I've still seen no news which is a shame because its an excellent programme with three brilliant judges.

Can we now assume its not returning?
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been looking around for news of a series 5 for ages and still can't find anything, even on the official website. It would have started by now surely if there was one. The only news is the summer article about Davina leaving the show as host.

I can only assume it has been delayed due to finding a replacement plus the work commitments of the judges as I know Diversity have had a very busy year and Aston has spent most of the last few months touring with JLS before they take a break at the end of the year
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to Dance's Facebook page announced today that a new series will be shown next summer.
  • DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Ashley Banjo
    Kimberly Wyatt
    Arlene Phillips
  • sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed today that Adam Garcia is returning for the new series.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s112/got-to-dance/news/a568093/got-to-dance-adam-garcia-to-return-to-judging-panel.html#~oD5T2q4DVBGnk9

Adam to return plus each judge will mentor 6 acts into the lives shows. Live shows will air in august this year from Earls Court
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s112/got-to-dance/news/a568093/got-to-dance-adam-garcia-to-return-to-judging-panel.html#~oD5T2q4DVBGnk9

Adam to return plus each judge will mentor 6 acts into the lives shows. Live shows will air in august this year from Earls Court

dont like the look of what they have done to the show at all.
  • fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am enjoying this so far this series - nice to see Adam back too.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ratings have been crap so far
  • davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    I love #gtd and liking the new format also
  • riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    Ratings have been crap so far

Could be because it's on at a different time of year?

I miss seeing the crazy or weird performers, but I am still enjoying the show.

Wasn't happy that Turbo and the Godson got through this week. They were not in my top 3. Plus they have had their chance... I still can't see them winning.
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finishes next Friday :o

Normal Sat/Sun 8pm-9pm
    Semi's Mon/Tue/Wed 730pm-900pm
    Final Fri 6.30pm--9pm
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    tso wrote: »
    Finishes next Friday :o

Normal Sat/Sun 8pm-9pm
    Semi's Mon/Tue/Wed 730pm-900pm
    Final Fri 6.30pm--9pm

Absolutely bizarre scheduling, not sure what Sky are up to with this one.
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely bizarre scheduling, not sure what Sky are up to with this one.

Yeah it feels rushed..Their going down the mentor route like The Voice and getting through it quickly like BGT.
    Surely the final should have been kept to Sunday night.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, it seems like there isn't much of us watching it - or the other DS'ers who do watch it don't know of these threads! I know it took me a while!!
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They really do seem to have wrecked it this year. Not sure if any of it has anything to do with Davina and or Kimberley (pregnant) not being able to give more time to it?
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised at the lack of interest in the show on DS. Had to do a search to try and find any thread on it.

I still enjoy the show but I'm not liking the smaller format this year. It feels less an event and more a small gathering.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone actually know why Davina isn't doing the auditions? Was it recorded around the time she did her Sport Relief thing, and so maybe had to take some unplanned time off on doctor's orders?
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    The whole series has been bizarre for me from the scheduling to the format etc. I can't see there being any more after this.
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Anybody watching this evening?

Kimberly and her baby bump look lovely :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Watching
  • katiso41katiso41 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up after the 2nd audition because I hated the new format but I'm glad I've decided to watch the semi finals. Feels just like the previous series again Still not sure about the mentoring though.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm watching too, I didn't know it was on! I just happen to be watching The SImpsons at half six and an advert came on saying the live rounds start in a hour!
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Surprised at the lack of interest in the show on DS. Had to do a search to try and find any thread on it..
    Same here, I doubt much people know one exists. I don't really venture to this part of the forum, mostly to the UK TV part and the Soaps now and again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katiso41 wrote: »
    I gave up after the 2nd audition because I hated the new format but I'm glad I've decided to watch the semi finals. Feels just like the previous series again Still not sure about the mentoring though.

I agree. The live shows feel like GTD again and I don't get the point of mentoring. It just feels like an x-Factor rip off.