silent witness on bbc1 now

Comments

• skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    The lads had played with the nuclear waste years ago and had only just died, but Lord Embleteon and his nasty side kick were covered in dust and were rushed into hospital where they died? did they? why not just have a shower and why wasn't the father rushed into hospital?

The kids breathed in dust from the area , the two men were covered and breathed in a large amount of contaminated dust taken direct from the crash site .
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    The kids breathed in dust from the area , the two men were covered and breathed in a large amount of contaminated dust taken direct from the crash site .

No the kids were playing in the tunnel as we saw on their video, [did kids have camera phones years ago?] but why did the contaminated dust have an immediate effect which killed the two men instantly? and why was the father not affected when he fell in the tunnel, didn't wear his gas mask and handled the dust.?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No the kids were playing in the tunnel as we saw on their video, [did kids have camera phones years ago?] but why did the contaminated dust have an immediate effect which killed the two men instantly? and why was the father not affected when he fell in the tunnel, didn't wear his gas mask and handled the dust.?

I meant in the area as in general tunnel area , the father picked up a pile of dust from the base of the carrier which was furtehr down the tunnel where the fire was so it was more concentrated. That dust then fell directly from the ceiling in a closed office on the two men and they would have been exposed breathing it in at a higher concentration than the kids had, also being directly on the carrier undisturbed that dust may have had more things in it.

The father did put his mask on before he went to the actual crash site but ackowledged to Leo that the damage was already done by breathing in already from the rest of the tunnel.

The other two were not killed instantly they were in hospital in a critical condition from which we assume they would not recover.
  • millysshawmillysshaw Posts: 2,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Think it was a video camera.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    ...and it wasn't "years ago", it was quite recent.
  • roverboy1965roverboy1965 Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    He was as said bailed as we was not deemed a danger to the public at that time.

His target was the son to punish the father Loader did not come into it from his side , a calculated guess and in his state of mind probably not something he considered.

To me, anyone who goes into a hospital (anywhere public actually) and waves a sawn-off shotgun about at innocent bystanders is a danger to the public and should not get bail !!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me, anyone who goes into a hospital (anywhere public actually) and waves a sawn-off shotgun about at innocent bystanders is a danger to the public and should not get bail !!!!

I suppose if you look at it he did not want to harm anyone he wanted his son to die in peace which the doctors wanted to and the police saw that and saw at that time he was no danger to anyone else . Obviously they didnt know that events would tip him over the edge to kill someone else later .

And the main point, if he hadnt got bail we wouldn't have the rest of the story
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    millysshaw wrote: »
    Think it was a video camera.

Yes it was a camcorder , but a fairly recent eyars one as it was compact.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In real life I doubt if he would have got bail, but this is SilentWitnessWorld, where pathologists act as detectives.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jordanash wrote: »
    ...and it wasn't "years ago", it was quite recent.

Yes. The young men might have been about 20 and in the footage they were maybe 14. Only a few years before.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Embleton and Loader weren't killed instantly. They were taken to hospital and we were never told that they had died, though clearly they were going to. The father was presumably going to die from his contact with the dust too, though his contact was less substantial, so he wasn't showing any symptoms immediately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it would take a number of months if not years for the effects of the dust to be fatal. The young lads were teenagers in the video and he didn't seem that much older when he died. Embleton and Loader were 'critical' probably because they didn't know exactly what they were dealing with when they admitted them to hospital. It never said that they died.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This run really is weak.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gee-em wrote: »
    I think it would take a number of months if not years for the effects of the dust to be fatal. The young lads were teenagers in the video and he didn't seem that much older when he died..

How many years had the corpse been in the roof?
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djvizsla wrote: »
    This run really is weak.

I think the last two stories have been really strong. I found the last series weaker overall.

Next week looks brilliant!
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,808
    Forum Member
    djvizsla wrote: »
    This run really is weak.

This seems to be your general feeling about most things you post about. What makes this run weak then, you may as well give a fuller explanation if you feel interested enough to post on here in the first place.

Personally, I think that this new series has breathed life into Silent Witness, as for me some story lines in previous series have been running out of steam and Silent Witness overall was beginning to look a bit tired. Only my opinion of course
  • lammtarralammtarra Posts: 4,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mixed feelings about this story. It ought to have been more gripping but for the slight sense of deja vu.

The evil industrialist or property developer. The military accident and cover-up, with MI5 discrediting investigators and the immaculately spoken and well-dressed spook even stooping to murder witnesses.

This was a conspiracy thriller painted by numbers, or Edge of Darkness redux.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many years had the corpse been in the roof?

It doesn't say how long he was there, just that he died in the summer and he was in his twenties. If he was about the same age as the boy who died in the hospital, early twenties, then it would suggest it took a number of years for the dust to have any effect and it varied with each person ( kidneys, lungs, brain)

So Embleton & Loader would probably have a few years before they saw any effects
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched part 1 of last week's on iPlayer. Yuk how can Nikki fancy that Embleton guy over lovely Harry!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gillypoots wrote: »
    This seems to be your general feeling about most things you post about. What makes this run weak then, you may as well give a fuller explanation if you feel interested enough to post on here in the first place.

Personally, I think that this new series has breathed life into Silent Witness, as for me some story lines in previous series have been running out of steam and Silent Witness overall was beginning to look a bit tired. Only my opinion of course

You've gotta laugh.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going against the grain here, but I bloody love Jack! (And also against the grain, I never understood all the love for Harry - I prefer this season's cast.) And despite all it's obvious implausibilities, I really really enjoy this show :)
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    I'm going against the grain here, but I bloody love Jack! (And also against the grain, I never understood all the love for Harry - I prefer this season's cast.) And despite all it's obvious implausibilities, I really really enjoy this show :)

I love Jack as well (I think he edges it for me over Harry, just!) Last story of the series tonight :( I'm gonna miss my Silent Witness fix! Anyone heard about a new series?
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,808
    Forum Member
    I love Jack as well (I think he edges it for me over Harry, just!) Last story of the series tonight :( I'm gonna miss my Silent Witness fix! Anyone heard about a new series?

I'll join the club as well. I think Jack is an excellent addition to the cast. I was never able to understand why Harry was so bigged up by people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not getting into the episode tonight, it feels very slow
  • smudesmude Posts: 17,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gee-em wrote: »
    not getting into the episode tonight, it feels very slow

Bit of action then.
    I wonder where it was filmed?