Options

Atmospherics (merged) (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    PemblechookPemblechook Posts: 2,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    South German and Swiss amateur stations audible (1100 km) in North Wales here on 144 MHz. Also there has been a contact between Norfolk and NW Spain which is not a common path. Spain often comes in well into the W of England and Wales.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice long contact from Cork to Austria earlier. Just seen it at.. http://cluster.sdr-radio.com/Spots/144MHz.aspx 1750 km... !!! The advantage of 144 is that frequencies tend to be fairly quiet and if not stations can fine quieter spots so weak signals can through..
  • Options
    radioredcatradioredcat Posts: 1,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plenty Germans here this afternoon and again SRF3 105.6 / RSI Rete Uno 107.8 Santis 1100 km has paid me a visit.

MDR Figaro 87.9 also 1100 km so a nice tropo opening.

Andy
  • Options
    Nick_GNick_G Posts: 5,137
    Forum Member
    Tropo here this evening but patchy and changeable. So far tonight Teutoburger, Langenberg, Biedenkopf, Driedorf, Nordhelle and Aaachen heard along with Luxembourg on 88.9 and 100.7. I think Feldberg was also in as there was a German YL on 102.5 at one point.

Didn't have much time for listening this morning but heard Brocken, Torfhaus and Biedenkopf when I could check.

No sign of anything from Bayern, Switzerland or Austria.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now Hornisgrinde has appeared on 96.2 and 98.4.
  • Options
    ACL777ACL777 Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    South German and Swiss amateur stations audible (1100 km) in North Wales here on 144 MHz. Also there has been a contact between Norfolk and NW Spain which is not a common path. Spain often comes in well into the W of England and Wales.

Anything on 70cm?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isle of Man to Switzerland on 70 cm.

http://cluster.sdr-radio.com/Spots/430MHz.aspx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Impressive. Thanks for the link.
  • Options
    brumlad36brumlad36 Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now receiving Luxembourg on 100.7MHz with full RDS and stereo, here in Lincoln.

Chris.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brumlad36 wrote: »

Chris.

SWR 4 105.6 is noise free here now and there's a battle going on 87.6 one minute classic 21 the next HR 3.
    AFN The Eagle is here again it was here earlier 98.7.

Andy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    brumlad36 wrote: »

Chris.

Nice DX Chris. Luxembourg is up to two bars on the Denon here on 88.9 and 100.7.

Are you hearing anything German?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luxy 100.7 is noise free here now.

Andy
  • Options
    brumlad36brumlad36 Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick_G wrote: »
    Nice DX Chris. Luxembourg is up to two bars on the Denon here on 88.9 and 100.7.

Are you hearing anything German?

Not hearing any German stations at the moment.
    Lille is doing well on 94.7MHz & 98.0MHz, with RDS. Lille 88.7MHz is even receivable next to powerhouse Belmont on 88.8MHz.
    Luxembourg is still strong with RDS on 100.7MHz, but 88.9MHz struggles, due to Belmont on 88.8MHz.

Chris.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eins Live 104.7 is noise free here as well as the others mentioned earlier I thought as they were fading that was it but no they have all come with a bang lol.
  • Options
    FmBandScanFmBandScan Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few Dutch stations coming through, Radio538 102.7 fully RDSing. Strongest Germans are 101.3 and 103.3, also I believe I am getting Eins live on 104.9 and 106.7, although these are weak.
  • Options
    adc82140adc82140 Posts: 3,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing particularly special here- Lille up a bit, Luxembourg on 100.7 just audible above the noise. However there is something in German on 106.7 that I can't identify- it's in stereo, noise free but just won't RDS lock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    144 MHz beacon from N W Spain has been heard in Denmark. Nearly 2000 km.

I can hear a 160 Watt SSB station from Sweden in North Wales here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    adc82140 wrote: »
    Nothing particularly special here- Lille up a bit, Luxembourg on 100.7 just audible above the noise. However there is something in German on 106.7 that I can't identify- it's in stereo, noise free but just won't RDS lock.

That'll be WDR 1Live (Einslive) from Langenberg. It's popping up & down here along with several other Germans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    German stations still strong and now Radio 10 Holland 87.7 but Ireland is hogging some of the Dutch frequencies.

I am monitoring 100.7 vertical for Q Music but Real real Bilsdale and Classic from Arfon on there at the moment Luxy on horizontal.

Andy
  • Options
    BrightonelectriBrightonelectri Posts: 181
    Forum Member

BAND 2 full of French stations all evening here in Brighton. France Culture on 89.9,94.1 and 95.1
    and France Musique on 95.6. Lots of others playing pop and in many cases blotting out UK stations!
    One station on 87.6 having a phone-in , possibly RMC.EVERY spot on dial has either a French station or a mixture of stations!
  • Options
    FmBandScanFmBandScan Posts: 1,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I've noticed when there is a tropo is how much nicer the Dutch stations sound, especially with my Sony tuner connected to a pair of decent speakers, the English stations sound Dull and very flat in comparison, and even when the Dutch signals are weak they sound better!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's new German stations coming in now WDR 2 99.2/WDR 5 88.8/ Eins Live 106.7 from Langenberg.

Also SWR 4 106.3 from Bad Marienberg my local Dee 106.3 has done one and it's only 36 km away.

HR 3 is winning the battle on 87.6.

Andy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hi what set up are you using? I'm looking into buying a 2m aerial and a 70cm both to tx and rx to get the results you are getting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am using an ancient and rather sick Yaesu FT225 and an 11 element yagi for 144. I am only following what is going on 70 cm via the DX website. Tonna (F9FT) aerials are quite neat and light.

http://cluster.sdr-radio.com/

The website reports an SSB 144 contact from Cork to Poland at lunchtime. I am hearing a German beacon now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info.