Options

Katie Price has had her Baby

Comments

• Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Because dragging her first ex into the disussion is the only way she can be defended. :rolleyes:

So anyone who posts favourably towards Katie isn't allowed to mention Peter
    But an Andre supporter can bring him into a topic anytime they want... That is the rule isn't it ;)
  • Options
    BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But an Andre supporter can bring him into a topic anytime they want... That is the rule isn't it ;)

Are you trying to derail the thread on purpose Betty or do you have something to say about KP, her pregnancy, her tweeting etc as per the thread intention?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lion5 wrote: »
    couldn't agree more - also wasn't kp recently in trouble for using twitter to promote a certain choccie bar?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/advertising/rio-katie-and-the-twitter-snickers-adverts-that-left-mars-feeling-bitter-6295398.html

Quite a few celebs got told off for that.. But read most celeb twitter accounts ..they all promote something or other ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member

No, there is no need to mention either, and the vast majority do not. Katie has had two husbands and one fiancé since Pete, so he is very much in her distant marital past. There is absolutely no reason to compare them at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    Are you trying to derail the thread on purpose Betty or do you have something to say about KP, her pregnancy, her tweeting etc as per the thread intention?

No...are you? I was actually pointing out the irony
    Back on topic
    I don't mind any celeb hinting for freebies..because lets face it.. If we could get something for nothing we would.
    Companies fall all over themselves to give them stuff
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Gimlet-eyed marketing machine, very true, and one that many companies have been grateful to after shes promoted a purchase from them on twitter, as far as updates on jett, didnt think anyone could condemn a mum recovering from surgery while looking after her prem baby and s/n son for that ! but there you go :rolleyes:

Not a condemnation Cym, just an observation. Complete twitter silence despite anxious enquiries from fans until her Sun exclusive is published and then one of the few tweets is angling for product deals. But as Blondie said, no surprise there. She often uses Twitter for product endorsement, for example this run of tweets following her Kissable launch
    wrote:
    Katie Price ‏@MissKatiePrice 9 Jul
    last thank you today, some more tomoz but girls do follow @2TrueCosmetics for some lovely cosmetics #kissable

@lashperfect thank you for your lovely products for my goody bag #kissable

Get @PrettyPollyLegs to make a statement with some sexy tights to update any outfit! #kissable

@PussyDrinksHQ thank you for supplying us with drinks for my #kissable launch xx

@Vk_official thank you so much for the VK Cherry for my launch, everyone said that they tasted great xx

@BrothersCider thank you for the cider for my #kissable launch xx

a few more thank yous from my #kissable launch

And in July she promised her fans 'a free insight of me preparing for baby and my baby shower by filming for my you tube channel' or in other words a product placement exercise for her suppliers which events in Spain have overtaken. Other celebs do it, I don't know why her fans have such a problem accepting that she does :confused:
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me either...I waited to get my stuff until the week before baby Britain was born ( knew date cos I was having a c section) .. Makes me a bad mum to if we go by the posts on here :rolleyes:
    I also worked until 4 days before my daughter was due .. And had a holiday 6 weeks before she was due ...what a bad mother I am ;)

Get a grip Betty, nobody said you were a bad mum. Did you do all the things Katie Price has done?

No. I didn't think so.
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Other celebs do it, I don't know why her fans have such a problem accepting that she does :confused:

I don't Sam - but as you can see from your very own examples - she was making clear it was a testimonial for product - wheras in THIS case she said "Any recommendations?". Clear difference. Yes she may well have been, or she may not have been. We aren't mind readers.

BTW your "she often does this" statement - every example you posted was from the same day. From a quick scan of her twitter, there are various charity tweets where she has donated products or is involved with an organisation. Plus other tweets about her life. It isn't like her twitter is full of this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO she was/is looking for freebies. I find it odd that she finds time to go online when her baby is in hospital. Not something IMO many parents would think of doing in such circumstances.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought Katie would be more concerned about Jet's breathing difficulties, spending every moment with him than tweeting. It's reported Kieran, his mother, and Katie's mother is with them. 1 of them could have brought items over or went shopping for baby items.

I cold sort of understood if she tweeted something like: please pray for jet to get healthy. As sometimes in desperation you will attempt anything.

Katie IMO is requesting freebies and looking for media inches.
  • Options
    Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    This scrounging on twitter doesn't make her a bad mother (she isn't a very good one for other reasons though), but it does show her up for what she is .....a greedy, grasping person. Asking her fans for advice ? my a**e !

Exactly Sids, just one part of my post was pulled out for a rollicking. I see there are no comments on the other things I have put in the post that do point out that she is not a good mother. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MRS W wrote: »
    IMO she was/is looking for freebies. I find it odd that she finds time to go online when her baby is in hospital. Not something IMO many parents would think of doing in such circumstances.

with all the help and advice she needs perhaps she should subscribe to the review magazine - good products highlight which ones are award winning, and all of the mother & baby / pregnancy mags offer great reviews and product testing - her best friend has three children under 4 and with three kids already you would have thought that she wouldn't need to post twice for information... would you???? alternatively she could have just gone onto mumsnet or any of the other parenting forums and anonymously asked the questions???

Instead of tweeting for 'advice' again, she should have done some online shopping - alternatively she could just copy Victoria Beckham - I think she had the icandy travel system and baby dior items... could she not just shop online instead!

I don't remember seeing VB asking for 'advice' on twitter or any other actual 'A' listers ??? I guess they have more dignity eh!
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't Sam - but as you can see from your very own examples - she was making clear it was a testimonial for product - wheras in THIS case she said "Any recommendations?". Clear difference. Yes she may well have been, or she may not have been. We aren't mind readers.

BTW your "she often does this" statement - every example you posted was from the same day. From a quick scan of her twitter, there are various charity tweets where she has donated products or is involved with an organisation. Plus other tweets about her life. It isn't like her twitter is full of this.

Well I could have pasted far more from the preceding days but didn't want to bore people Cyril. The request for recommendations usually precede the launch eg this one from 11th June
    wrote:
    know of any good florists near London that do cool red flowers? So excited about #kissable launch next month & want to make the flowers fabx

As you say we're not mind readers, she may genuinely want recommendations but I was just pointing out a pattern.
  • Options
    Holly_EvansHolly_Evans Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back on topic
    I don't mind any celeb hinting for freebies..because lets face it.. If we could get something for nothing we would.

Then why did she have to ask TWICE?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back on topic

"I didn't see Katie tweeting asking for freebies... Just asking for advice on best buys etc ... "

So just to clarify you don't mind the hinting but Price wasn't?
  • Options
    j0annej0anne Posts: 2,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to recall a lot of celebs thanking airlines and resorts for trips sponsored by them...its a common place thing on social networking...KP is not the one and only she is among many
  • Options
    Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]
    Then why did she have to ask TWICE?
    She can't even be bothered to buy a few bottles of booze for her own toilet water perfume promotions,but that's fine,it's only cider,but to try and get freebies for her own sick baby in hospital, crosses the line for me,she doesn't want to put her hand in her own pocket to buy her little son a cot,pram and baby chair and accessories,not if she can get them for free. despicable.There is a time and a place to blag freebies,a sick baby with breathing problems in hospital isn't one of them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    j0anne wrote: »
    I seem to recall a lot of celebs thanking airlines and resorts for trips sponsored by them...its a common place thing on social networking...KP is not the one and only she is among many

You don't see so many asking though, but I suppose it isn't normally necessary and probably wasn't in her case a few years ago
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    She can't even be bothered to buy a few bottles of booze for her own toilet water perfume promotions,but that's fine,it's only cider,but to try and get freebies for her own sick baby in hospital, crosses the line for me,she doesn't want to put her hand in her own pocket to buy her little son a cot,pram and baby chair and accessories,not if she can get them for free. despicable.There is a time and a place to blag freebies,a sick baby with breathing problems in hospital isn't one of them

It does seem to lack the personal touch doesn't it ?
    But each to their own :)
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lion5 wrote: »
    couldn't agree more - also wasn't kp recently in trouble for using twitter to promote a certain choccie bar?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/advertising/rio-katie-and-the-twitter-snickers-adverts-that-left-mars-feeling-bitter-6295398.html
    Quite a few celebs got told off for that.. But read most celeb twitter accounts ..they all promote something or other ..

Tweets sent by Katie Price and Rio Ferdinand as part of a Snickers campaign have been cleared of breaching advertising codes.

http://news.sky.com/story/1515/katie-price-snickers-twitter-ad-in-the-clear
  • Options
    Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem to lack the personal touch doesn't it ?
    But each to their own :)
    Just another days business to her,she has no dignity or pride.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Not a condemnation Cym, just an observation. Complete twitter silence despite anxious enquiries from fans until her Sun exclusive is published and then one of the few tweets is angling for product deals. But as Blondie said, no surprise there. She often uses Twitter for product endorsement, for example this run of tweets following her Kissable launch

And in July she promised her fans 'a free insight of me preparing for baby and my baby shower by filming for my you tube channel' or in other words a product placement exercise for her suppliers which events in Spain have overtaken. Other celebs do it, I don't know why her fans have such a problem accepting that she does :confused:

Observations do not usually carry such a weight of negative judgements against though do they!
    Complete twitter silence, and you question why :confused:then when she does respond via twitter/media you still question why :confused:
    Of course she uses twitter to buy, sell, promote and donate as your copy shows, its crystal clear, without doubt and never been in question, which quite clearly shows if she were on the scrounge, she would probably make that clear as well, she dosent do anything that anyone else dosent do, if of course they get the chance ;)
  • Options
    MuttsnuttsMuttsnutts Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reek of desperation, lol, & that's not just KOK cadging stuff, but the effort to convince that she's the same level as Rio Ferdinand just because they tweeted about the same bar of choc! :D:D:rolleyes::D
    Kev has also blagged for clothing & she tried to get him some Gym equipment.
    The promise of starring in her YouTube baby shower (isn't that where you get baby equipment?) wasn't even enough to make companies part with their goodies for Pwice. Maybe they've ran out of cream everywhere & she's having to keep asking for that reason?;)
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cym wrote: »
    Observations do not usually carry such a weight of negative judgements against though do they!
    Complete twitter silence, and you question why :confused:then when she does respond via twitter/media you still question why :confused:
    Of course she uses twitter to buy, sell, promote and donate as your copy shows, its crystal clear, without doubt and never been in question, which quite clearly shows if she were on the scrounge, she would probably make that clear as well, she dosent do anything that anyone else dosent do, if of course they get the chance ;)

I thought that too.

You'd think the way people are going on that this is all coming as a huge surprise, that KP touts for freebies when she's promoting things, or products for herself, as if it's shocking!

I'd nearly go as far as to say that KP at least doesn't hide the fact she's on the look-out for freebies. Which is more above board imo than those (much more well-known and 'credible' people than KP) who endorse products while failing to mention their business arrangement with the company whose products they're shilling.
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We all know that celebs are offered lots of freebies in exchange for tweets or whatever, but normally it's the companies contacting celebs (or their agents) offering the freebies. The fact that KP is having to ask (and still doesn't seem to be getting any joy) speaks volumes! You'd expect companies to be queueing up to offer her their wares - she's sad and desperate enough to to say or do anything in exchange for a freebie. The fact that they aren't suggests that they don't see her as someone they want to be associated with their brands/products.

Let's face it, there are plenty of other celebs they can go to, who are younger/more attractive/more high profile/more positive in the way they're perceived by the public/more family friendly (this would be important for family aimed products like baby items, toys/games and kids' clothing). So why go to someone like KP, who is no longer high profile, spends her time slagging other celebs off and is pretty much disliked by both the general public and other celebs? This is where her behavior and general bad attitude have come back to bite her in the bum!
This discussion has been closed.