Sat Highlights Show Featuring the Weeks Events

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
Forum Member
Just thought Id give a little description of what we were shown for those who havent been able to watch Love Island this week (as I have :( ) Forgive me if Ive missed anything out !

First of all we had Shane leaving, and it shocked the others. He waited until everyone had finished dinner, stood up and addressed the group, telling them he was going. Sophie promptly burst into tears, as did the wuss Lee. Everyone was sorry to see him go, but FFS was it really necessary for him to launch into a goodbye speech that made no sense whatsoever? That man could bore for England. He always sounds like he is preaching, he speaks in long sentences that make not a lot of sense and on later analysis you realise he has actually said nothing at all, and certainly nothing interesting. He's hardly spoken (thank god), for the entire series, but when he does, he uses about 100 words when about 20 would do. Lovely looking guy but I was glad to see the back of him.

Sophie has now limpeted herself onto Chris in an almost scarily intense way. Yep thats the word I was searching for last night when I watched it - intense. You can practically see him sweating as she gets more and more demanding. Lying on the beach, canoodling, Chris tried to bring the runaway train to a screeching halt, saying "I enjoy our kisses and cuddles etc and love being like this, but I worry sometimes that all this is tooo fast? That we should put the brakes on a little?" Sophie's answer to that was to turn on her side, put her arm over him while sitting up slightly (dominant pose), ignore what he was saying and go in for the kill again. We were later shown Chris and Sophie, in the same pose, but this time Chris had his hands holding her head and it was to keep her away from him. This is going to crash and burn spectacularly I reckon. He is already mentally fending her off, which is making the needy Sophie worse and even more intense, it will only be a matter of time before he loses it and tells her to back off completely. Cue Sophie having a breakdown.

I enjoyed Brendan FINALLY working up the guts to tell Lee something to his face (rather than bitch in the Beach Hut about him). Brendan had a laminate to read out about the task and called everyone poolside. Lee could hear him perfectly well from the kitchen, and yet chose to go into the stubborn, "Ahhh'll coom when ahh'm ready, me; dorrrrnt tell me what ter do" mode. Brendan then lost his rag and shouted to Lee, as he finally, slowly strolled poolside, **** in hand, that he was disrespectful etc etc etc. Lee manipulated the situation entirely and after telling Brendan firmly, "Im 24 years old! Stop talkin to me like Im a child", promptly burst into tears and was comforted later by Kelle (WHY did she fall for that crap?), while he played his little-boy-lost role. But remember folks, he definitely is NOT a child..... *rolls eyes* Brendan looked on in disgust.

Bianca, Kelle and Sophie went on a "man-hunt" along the coast in a boat, but instead found the "man-slag" Calum Best on a beach. The body language in that was interesting too. As their boat drew up, Sophie was so eager to get out first to greet him (as she sees herself as at the top in the pecking order), she jumped into waist deep water which mustve secretly gutted her but she was utterly determined to be first. Calum greeted her and Kelle, and then clocked Bianca who looked stunning and immediately went into "hey you look beuuuuuudiffffful" mode, completely ignoring Sophie. Noticeably too, when they got back to the resort, Bianca went straight to Colleen and told her, "of all the people I wanted in here, its him. Ive fancied him for ages. When they asked me, who would be your ideal contestant, I said Calum!" , which quite nicely gave Colleen the message that Bianca (despite her dalliance with Leo) wanted her to keep away from Calum.

Bianca and Calum were voted into the Love Shack, and we saw her arrive in the pouring rain. Both she and Calum were laid back and Bianca seemed to be handling it quite well, looking cool and not eagerly jumping all over him. In fact Calum instigated the first kiss on the lips (not a full on snog though). Last we saw of them on this highlights show was them settling down to bed with Bianca stroking his arm (not sure if anything else has happened since?).

We saw Sophie gurning and sobbing in the Beach Hut following Shane's departure, swiftly followed by shots of her munching on Chris Brosnan's ear. So she seemed to have moved on quite quickly - something that Chris noticed and commented upon in the Beach Hut himself.

There was a task where each girl was balanced on a seat over the swimming pool and their partners had to keep them above the water by pulling on a rope. It was a test of strength and endurance, which actually turned out to be a personal battle between Lee and Brendan. Lee puffed and panted and held onto the rope with both hands for 58 minutes, going purple in the face. The camera moved over to Brendan, who at one point Im certain was holding the rope with one hand and hadnt even broken into a sweat ! Lol.... Lee lost and the watching public cheered as the bald headed cretin said, "Ahhhhmmmm sorrrehhhhh Colleeeeeennnnnn" and let the rope go, dropping her into the pool. Brendan said later that the task was all about "Focasssss, jast focassssinnn'" No it wasnt, it was about getting even with the bald headed, whingeing, immature ponce that is Lee and Im glad he did.

At the end, we are informed that Lady Victoria Hervey is coming back into the resort tonight. Patrick Kielty was almost rubbing his hands with glee at the thought of Victoria strolling in and asking Sophie why, if you describe me as your best friend have you called me a bitch and more to the point, why are you now crawling all over the guy I really fell for on the Island?

Im definitely tuning in tonight (Sunday) and I hope they provide knuckledusters !

Comments

• SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Thanks Kitty, I did watch the highlights show last night, and couldn't believe quite how much had happened in just a week.
    The only thing I'd add to your report is Chris's interesting use of the phrase "I wouldn't exactly call it stalking...." (or thereabouts) which left no one in any doubt, that this is exactly what he's implying (now he's had his few cuddles and snogs......NEXT!) ;)

Gary Bushell writes:

LEE IN MEL OF A TANTRUM
    bushel on the box

HAS Sophie Anderton ever been bugged? I'd like to hear those tapes.

The snooty madam is bad enough when she knows the cameras are on her.

Imagine how much more self-absorbed she'd be in private. Even Gareth Gates would struggle to get that many "Is in one sentence.

Needy Sophie, with her monstrous ego, mood swings and tantrums has helped make ITV's littlewat ched Love Island the reality TV event of the summer - eat your heart out Big Brother.

Although of course "reality" and Sophie are further apart than Chris Brosnan's ears.

Or Bianca Gascoigne's ankles if Calum Best gets his wicked way.

Incredibly Lee Otway managed to overtake Paul Danan in the deluded nutcase stakes too. His explosive meltdown on Sunday was trainwreck TV - as volatile and dumb as Mel Gibson cruising around Tel Aviv on a gallon of Tequila.

Man-boy Otway went ballistic when he overheard the girls talking and realised Colleen didn't fancy him. Their "relationship" was all in his head but that didn't stop Otway ranting at her, trying to smash a mike stand and attacking the Love Shack camera. He then shaved his head and glowered like a psychopath. Honestly, the show's talking coconuts have more brains.

Meanwhile, hunky playboy Calum is ticking off the hours before Bianca succumbs to his charms. Pretty girl and all that (until she opens her mouth' she talks like she's been possessed by the spirit of Barry White) but she's already romped with Leo. If she goes with "dream man" Calum too, Gazza will no longer be seen as the slapper of the family...

Add to this the small joys of Colleen in heels, Brendan in a sarong treating Kelle to some ballroom flashing, and Sophie driving Shane off the island before swooping on Chris and the show becomes must-see.

Rubbish of course, but addictive rubbish.

LOVE Island has all the elements that make reality TV work: confrontation, chemistry, emotion and delusion.

(that's on line at The People's site today)
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheers Kitty............

I didn't so much 'miss' the Saturday show as 'chose not to watch it'.............I suppose we should watch it really, 'cos there's a bit of new stuff on there, but 'hey, there we go.........
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    I usually dont bother with the Saturday show, Swing, but I hadnt seen Love Island all week so needed to catch up.

Yep, I forgot the word "stalker" SolarSail, very apt I thought.

For once Gary Bushell is spot on ( I usually cant stand the drivel he writes ), Lee has definitely taken over in the deluded nutjob section (and Im sorry but his shiny white head and dad's sunglasses make him look even more ludicrous than he did before) and Sophie's ego is indeed of monsterous proportions.
  • SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    I don't normally catch the highlights show either, it's a bit late to sustain your interest, when you know most of it will've been shown before.