Confirm or deny - The worst thing about EE Gang

KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is that it is a middle to upper class director/writer's view of what a gang should be, rather than what a real gang actually resembles

Comments

• Superstar99Superstar99 Posts: 1,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly, just think they've been researched quite poorly, not surprising as EE never seems to research any story properly, Lola and Lexi for instance. They are like a child gang, running away from the shopkeeper yesterday was something no real gang would do. If you stand up to most gangs or confront them they would most likely damage your shop and probably give you a beating too.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they are crap and not scary at all...
  • ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're cringeworthy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its clearly to do with the watershed. Its almost impossible to portray what a real gang would be like at 7.30 at night. Kane's line 'Ten bloomin' pounds?!' springs to mind. It is just not realistic but that is the quandary many shows find themselves in...wanting to tackle realism but not able to show it.
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The whole "yeah man" and "blood" thing is just cringeworthy. It's just stereotypical.

I've seen gangs in London and a lot of them actually speak normally shock horror. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everytime they say "innit" I just have to start laughing. It is hilariously bad. So bad its funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have tried to find a wiki page about the actor who plays the head honcho. Sometimes he looks abotu 30.
  • KenkennedykenneKenkennedykenne Posts: 3,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, did anyone else fear that Liam was getting r*ped last night? When Kane pounced on him from behind and had that creepy look on his face, I heard the strings from Deliverance in my head
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    everyone finds the way they talk cringeworthy but everyone loves fatboy?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, did anyone else fear that Liam was getting r*ped last night? When Kane pounced on him from behind and had that creepy look on his face, I heard the strings from Deliverance in my head

that was never in anyones mind :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zmiler7 wrote: »
    everyone finds the way they talk cringeworthy but everyone loves fatboy?

I dislike Fatboy's speech
  • emzi27emzi27 Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What? You thought at that point that Liam was being raped? Seriously?
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that gang approached me I'd just laugh in their faces. They are neither scary or intimidating. The skinhead who's meant to be the "leader" looks about 30 and far too old to be running around with a bunch of kids. I had to laugh at the scene last night with gang "terrorising" the shoppers in the shopping centre, because you know its so terrifying, a couple of kids running up to you and pinching your shopping :D
  • kenny7kenny7 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an absolute joke.

I could have done a better job after just watching one episode of The Bill.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What kind of mindset would think this:eek::confused:
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that it is a middle to upper class director/writer's view of what a gang should be, rather than what a real gang actually resembles

Its not really GANGS more like a group of friends who want to cause trouble!

A gang is stuff from Adulthood and Kidulthood!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emzi27 wrote: »

No as in being taken away to get raped. It would be serious issue to deal with
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, this would ruin Liam, no more straight people turning gay please!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »

Wait wait hold up. Being raped turns you gay?
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »

Getting raped isn't going to turn anyone 'gay' :rolleyes:
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, did anyone else fear that Liam was getting r*ped last night? When Kane pounced on him from behind and had that creepy look on his face, I heard the strings from Deliverance in my head [/QUOTE

Today 14:31
    Wait wait hold up. Being raped turns you gay?

MY GOD WHAT IS IT WITH YOU LOT,
    you lot are obsessed with it, is it some sick sexual thrill or what????:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    Also, did anyone else fear that Liam was getting r*ped last night? When Kane pounced on him from behind and had that creepy look on his face, I heard the strings from Deliverance in my head [/QUOTE

MY GOD WHAT IS IT WITH YOU LOT,
    you lot are obsessed with it, is it some sick sexual thrill or what????:eek:

Why are you quoting me in that? I was merely questioning what was being said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    >_> People on the forum say that EE needs a hard hitting mature storyline, I suggest male rape and suddenly people aren't interested in a hard hitting mature storyline
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    >_> People on the forum say that EE needs a hard hitting mature storyline, I suggest male rape and suddenly people aren't interested in a hard hitting mature storyline

Thats not quite what happened is it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You asked if anyone thought he was being raped...No one thought that. You didn't mention anything about hard hitting storylines. You asked a question which was answered.