The Big Holby City Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wiggles247 wrote: »
    And so many questions:

Where's good old Terence gone??

Why was David on AAU? Surely if you're in an induced coma you'd be on ITU? And didn't he wake up incredibly quickly?

Is it normal practice for the witnesses to hear each others evidence in an internal investigation? And surely its not up to the board to decide whether a complaint has foundation just like that? Especially seemingly without any input from the actual complainant and the day after the whole episode happened.

Does every ward now have some sort of prayer/faith room? And what does that mean for the actual chapel as was??

And why is Mama Self buried in Holby? Surely Guy and Anya didn't live there before she dies?? And aren't finals normally around the end of May/beginning of June time? How does that fit with Anya dying on April Fool's Day??

Good post and yes finals are in May/june but Manchester started doing exempting exams a few years ago in January where if they pass they are then exempt from sitting in May/June, pretty sure it's still the same there so you are right the dates don't fit.

As for the evidence, both sides would not sit in to hear the others testimony.
  • george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    That wouldn't tie in to her having been at the funeral though would it which I got the impression she had been from tonight's conversation.

I do agree that they just said 'centre of town' but not which town - they could have been in Bath, Or another town not that far away.

Didn't Colette say where she'd come from in her first episode?

I must confess I did zone out slightly on that conversation, and I may have missed a line or two - what exactly was it that she said?

Zosia told Chantelle in her first episode that she is from Kent, but that doesn't mean that they actually lived there at the time. She could have been originally brought up there, and moved later.
    Forum Member
    Everyone get their PM's?

Can I have one please?
  • Louise-annLouise-ann Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wouldn't tie in to her having been at the funeral though would it which I got the impression she had been from tonight's conversation.

I do agree that they just said 'centre of town' but not which town - they could have been in Bath, Or another town not that far away.

Didn't Colette say where she'd come from in her first episode?

Yes, Northchurch... I think.

I really don't care for this Jac/Bonnie/Jonny stuff.

Catherine Russell - highlight of the episode, she is just fantastic.

I'm pretty sure Ric's exit is temporary.
  • wiggles247wiggles247 Posts: 48,088
    Forum Member
    In answer to the first question - that hadn't occurred to me, but do they have to be in Holby? They could have gone a bit further out. Say she wasn't buried that far away (one hour by car from Holby, say) - they could have each driven there after work and then come home again.

With the second question, I get the impression when Zosia talks that she was away from home when doing her finals. Maybe she was off for a few months at a time, and then came back in June to discover her mother had died two months ago and no one had told her. That would very much explain why she is so angry.

I took it to mean that too (that she was away at uni) but had assumed, because she was F1'ing at Holby that she was at the uni (?Bristol) attached to the hospital, so Guy and Anya were in a different part of the country.
    And, I'm not sure they'd be able to get somewhere in the light at the end of the day if it was much further than the middle of Holby town???
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Please may I have the PM too. Thank you!!
    Forum Member
    As per my last post it appears the producers may have dispensed of the character, Holby has no direction or point these days and Kent is clueless about the production, his vision for the show is alienating viewers and to touch on another poster who asked about bad vibes on set well from what I can say it's not a happy production to work on at the moment and you can see how it affects the performances we see on screen, it's also fair to say two cast members do no like each other.

When Michael left, Oliver Kent did specifically say 'we look forward to his return'. That very much suggests that his return has already been confirmed - I can't see why Kent would say it in such certain terms if it wasn't. Although if there was ever a day when I understood anything that Oliver Kent does, this is not it.
    Forum Member
    I took it to mean that too (that she was away at uni) but had assumed, because she was F1'ing at Holby that she was at the uni (?Bristol) attached to the hospital, so Guy and Anya were in a different part of the country.
    And, I'm not sure they'd be able to get somewhere in the light at the end of the day if it was much further than the middle of Holby town???

Well, there must be some explanation. Could we ask the producers? They surely have all this stuff worked out.
  • NickJordanNickJordan Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone get their PM's?

Late to the party but I would really like to know as well
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,177
    Forum Member

Don't forget they managed to get to and from St Pancras 3 times in daylight on Christmas Day a few years ago. Distance and time have a very strange relationship to each other in Holby!
    Forum Member
    Louise-ann wrote: »
    Yes, Northchurch... I think.

I really don't care for this Jac/Bonnie/Jonny stuff.

Catherine Russell - highlight of the episode, she is just fantastic.

I'm pretty sure Ric's exit is temporary.

Wasn't that the hospital she came from??

Well, there must be some explanation. Could we ask the producers? They surely have all this stuff worked out.

I'm not so sure they do actually have all these details worked out (or if they do, they often forget to remember them!!)
  • kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,177
    Forum Member

What like they had Jac's pregnancy dates worked out? We never fot an answer for that one despite sending polite tweets.

They've a history of doing this, establishing that new characters have moved to the area for the job in their first episode and then suddenly producing a family that live locally and have done for years. They did it with Elliot, Mo and now maybe the Selfs.
  • MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is the latest PM going around, can someone forward it to me please?

Louise-ann, Catherine Russell is brilliant. Love Serena Campbell.

For those that watch Casualty and comment on that thread, I want to see a Serena/Connie rivalry

Hope something dramatic happens at the wedding and Johnny gets with Jac.
    Forum Member
    Don't forget they managed to get to and from St Pancras 3 times in daylight on Christmas Day a few years ago. Distance and time have a very strange relationship to each other in Holby!

Ah yes, I was forgetting that Holby exists in its very own time warp - silly of me!!!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Sorry to be cheeky I mainly lurk on this thread rather than post much but would really like the PM too. :)
  • lizzieslizzies Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I have only been reading the posts on here but I would like the PM please.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    Please may I have the PM too. Thank you!!

Hi, can I have a pm too please? I know I don't post here much but I do lurk here every day ! Thank you !!:)
  • MEEXMEEX Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I think some of you may have missed the joke -

Himself: "Thought I'd find you here...Don't even think about walking away" [and leaving your handbag on the bench?!]
    Her: "Surprised you found this place"
    Himself: "DEAD centre of town."

I make this 'joke' when passing graveyards myself, a lot more often than I should, but even Mrs MEEX(to be) didn't notice it!

Of course, it does nothing to explain where they actually are, how they got there or why, but that's Holby for you.
  • KFAKFA Posts: 3,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having problems with Collete. She doesn't seem to do anything apart from walking around and joking with Papa Self. Not enjoying quite a few of the staff at the minute really. I've never been a fan of Marie-Claire, De Luca and Tressler need to be locked in the anasthetic room for a few days, Bonnie is a ray of sunshine that grates on me and don't get me started on Dominic...

On the plus side, I love Serena, Jac, Sacha (now he's stopped mooning over Chrissie), Ric, Adele and, of course, Elliott.

I still dream that someday Joseph will come back to sweep Jac off her feet...
  • alibeealibee Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    lizzies wrote: »
    I have only been reading the posts on here but I would like the PM please.

Am I too late to ask too?:blush:
  • KarriKarri Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Everyone get their PM's?

Could I have one too please, if that would be OK :)
  • mac2708mac2708 Posts: 3,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems every other recent post is asking for a PM from Rowan Hedge.
    If these members want a PM why not PM him directly
    Forum Member
    KFA wrote: »
    I'm having problems with Collete. She doesn't seem to do anything apart from walking around and joking with Papa Self. Not enjoying quite a few of the staff at the minute really. I've never been a fan of Marie-Claire, De Luca and Tressler need to be locked in the anasthetic room for a few days, Bonnie is a ray of sunshine that grates on me and don't get me started on Dominic...

On the plus side, I love Serena, Jac, Sacha (now he's stopped mooning over Chrissie), Ric, Adele and, of course, Elliott.

I still dream that someday Joseph will come back to sweep Jac off her feet...

Yes, I have to admit that I didn't miss his presence at all last night. Although, think I'm getting used to him now and it's mainly just this feud with Digby that's really grating with me at the moment

And, with regard to the Joseph as a knight in shining armour fantasy: on the Jac thread (which everybody is most welcome to join in on) we've often talked about how that might be the easiest way to give Jac a HEA if/when Rosie ever leaves (if a HEA is what tPtB, and perhaps Rosie, decide is the way to go).

Also, so that Rowan doesn't get inundated with PM requests I'll say that the father/daughter conflict we see on screen is, by all accounts, a case of art imitating life, and just leave it at that.........
  • Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For all that Holby is far from its best at the moment there were some lovely little comedy moments in that episode :

Serenas (and Selfies) reaction to the mural was hilarious and

Digby's dream about Chantelle and then Zoshia and then (to his horror) Dominic was very funny. This is the Digby I love - not the petty one who holds grudges and lets his emotions overcome his professional judgement. I fear we are in for more Digby/Dom "rivalry" next week though.
  • scotsgal21scotsgal21 Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Can someone PM me with the two Actors who don't get on please??
This discussion has been closed.