Options

Hollyoaks: Ruining Sinead

jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why are they ruining Sinead?

I liked the idea of her making up with Diane and trying to sort Finn out, I do not think they need to drag it out even longer by getting her to try and get with Tony.

Are they going to ever turn her around?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don't think she trying to make up with Diane or any of her family ,she wants revenge ,because of them blaming her for Katy's death
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinead being ruined?

She has always been a nasty piece of work, with no redeeming features.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinead being ruined?

Pretty much this; I felt sorry for her when Katy died but that's it.
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like Sinead! I think she's a good character but I didn't like her during the bullying plot.
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a scumbag just like her step mother. No redeeming features at all. Everything is always somebody elses fault.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant ruin a character already ruined ages ago...
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Sinead being ruined?

I agree. Didn't even feel sorry for her over Katie. I've never forgiven her for what she did to Esther and I hate how something that was so serious and had such serious consequences has now just been forgotten with Esther and Sinead being friends.

I do think Stephanie Davies is a good actress and seems loads of fun judging by her instagram account, but Sinead is an AWFUL character in more ways than one. Like with Mercedes I think she's reached the end of the lifespan for her character and needs to leave because otherwise we'll just see the same old cycle over and over.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Sinead being ruined?

Yeah, she was unbelievably cruel to Esther during the bullying storyline and didn't show any remorse for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Yeah, she was unbelievably cruel to Esther during the bullying storyline and didn't show any remorse for it.

yeah she showed no remorse, then she just seemed to suddenly changed over night I think she said sorry and then Sinead and Esther are friends like nothing ever happened.
  • Options
    AnthonyLAnthonyL Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Actually, she never really changed, nor was she ever sorry. She only 'apologized' because everyone rejected and denounced her after the bullying was revealed and she wanted to get the life she threw away back. Esther said she'd never forgive her and they'd never be friends. But after some time had passed, Esther and Sinead were palling around like it never happened. But that's the show's dumb writing.

I don't know why anyone is saying Sinead is being ruined. She's always been vile and heinous and has never done anything good for anyone, unless she was somehow benefiting from it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AnthonyL wrote: »
    Actually, she never really changed, nor was she ever sorry. She only 'apologized' because everyone rejected and denounced her after the bullying was revealed and she wanted to get the life she threw away back. Esther said she'd never forgive her and they'd never be friends. But after some time had passed, Esther and Sinead were palling around like it never happened. But that's the show's dumb writing.

I don't know why anyone is saying Sinead is being ruined. She's always been vile and heinous and has never done anything good for anyone, unless she was somehow benefiting from it.

I meant she changed overnight from making out Esther deserved it to wanting Esther to forgive her.
  • Options
    spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »

I liked the idea of her making up with Diane and trying to sort Finn out, I do not think they need to drag it out even longer by getting her to try and get with Tony.

Nah, all Sinead is doing is infiltrating the family so she can tear it apart from within in a similar sense that Sienna infiltrated the Lomaxes. As far as Sinead is concerned keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

I still really don't get the Sonny/Sinead revenge pact. Theres nothing sexual between them yet they seem oddly close and why I'm not sure.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    She was also extremely cruel and nasty to Jason Costello. She's a hideous character played by a horribly annoying OTT actress with absolutely no understanding of subtlety or of how to speak in a natural-sounding way, without inappropriate pauses and emphases.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    I used to hate Sinead! Absolutely loathed her! But now I quite like her. I love how she's the only character showing what a twisted freak Finn is, and she's the only one actually related to him!

And she's just so watchable. Unlike Freddie, Sonny or Grace, who have and do, bore me to tears, she's interesting to watch, even when she's being a complete b*tch. And that's all down to Stephanie Davis. A phenomenal actress, one of the best Hollyoaks has. She's superb, and up there with the best in soap, IMO. :)
  • Options
    tullochstullochs Posts: 947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks' Kill Bill = Sinead
  • Options
    vkmaxvkmax Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This revenge storyline is the first time I've liked Sinead for about 3 years. She is literally taking down all the douchiest most grating characters one by one. I just hope Grace and Mercedes piss her off.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    vkmax wrote: »
    This revenge storyline is the first time I've liked Sinead for about 3 years. She is literally taking down all the douchiest most grating characters one by one. I just hope Grace and Mercedes piss her off.
    BIB - I hope she is on her own list. It would be fitting, since she is the one who caused the vast majority of her own problems.
  • Options
    bob321bob321 Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Bob 4 sinead
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,271
    Forum Member
    Sinead being ruined?

Yep. She's always been a low-rent Mercedes. If that's even possible.
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    She was also extremely cruel and nasty to Jason Costello. She's a hideous character played by a horribly annoying OTT actress with absolutely no understanding of subtlety or of how to speak in a natural-sounding way, without inappropriate pauses and emphases.

Completely agree, I find her almost unbearable and much more difficult to watch than the guy who plays Freddie, at least he is quietly bad! How anyone could mistake screaming/shouting and wailing for good acting escapes me
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer now to the last few months. I didn't like the storyline with Freddie so I'm liking seeing her back with Diane etc.
  • Options
    SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    I felt a bit sorry for her just after Katy died, but since then shes just been horrible.
    Actually she was horrible before Katy.
    Come think about it shes always been horrible, very overrated as well.
  • Options
    DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,745
    Forum Member
    tullochs wrote: »
    Hollyoaks' Kill Bill = Sinead
    I can see the similarities, but I think they're going for their version of Revenge's Emily Thorne - what with Sinead's revengenda against those that have wronged her.

I could completely get behind this whole plot if Sinead was actually exhibiting genuine concern, shock and horror at discovering her brother is a monster, but her reactions all come across as fake. Finn's actions only interest her b/c she can use it to manipulate Diane, when instead she should have been a lot more thrown by what she saw on his laptop than what she was.

However, I am more interested in this part of her revengenda, as it's a more interesting dynamic that taking revenge on Freddie and Lyndsey.
  • Options
    MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »

Trying to sort Finn out? He should be rotting in prison not being sorted out by his equally criminal sister.
  • Options
    lexstarlexstar Posts: 1,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything this is making me like Sinead more, it's about time people held a grudge and got revenge in soap, too many times they just let it go, like how Esther has with Sinead, it's pathetic!