What is your biggest fear as a driver?

2»

Comments

• wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When visiting Beijing I made a mental note to self never, ever to drive a car in it's city centre, ever.
  • John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maxatoria wrote: »
    Theres a stick on BMW's that absolutely terrifies me, when i use it lights start flashing at the corners of the car like its possessed ;)

Oh piggin ell Renaults do that as well, so to stop mine I have taken the bulbs out anyway, they were a funny orange colour, so must be faulty, threw them away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to hate complex roundabouts where there were about six exits and two or three lanes in each. For some reason, it was ALWAYS the final exit I needed when driving anywhere new. :p Really had to work hard and keep practising until I knew where I was going and what lane I needed to be in at a certain time, praying nobody would try to roar past me as I manoeuvred! They're a lot less scary now, but they still have to be my least favourite type of junction EVER.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    The Bluetooth not working so I can't play my tunes.
  • ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    I would hate to ever cause ANY Animals birds or humans to die :(:(:(
  • 2la2la Posts: 4,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I notice that rain seems to bring about idiot drivers. Other drivers are something I fear most and knocking a child over.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joining a motorway/busy A road from a slip-road (with cars behind me). It never bothered me til one day I was cut up by a BMW/Jag (forget which but it was one of those cars you see driven badly a lot) who was perfectly safe and fine in the centre lane, very little other traffic, no reason to move, and he actually swung with no warning into the left hand lane a split second before I joined it. If I'd had slower reactions, I probably wouldn't be here now.

It was a particularly short run in, too so no way could I stay on the slip road.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Killing an animal on the road is a fear I've always had.

Same here. Thankfully it hasn't happened so far.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dumfries & Galloway border, speeding fine hell for us Sassenachs.
  • Mark39LondonMark39London Posts: 3,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other road users.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Other drivers for sure, drivers who overtake suddenly and cut in too fast
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Joni M wrote: »
    Dumfries & Galloway border, speeding fine hell for us Sassenachs.

Surely you mean Cumbria rather than D&G, itself?

Seem to recall reading somewhere that the Cumbria police force get the biggest revenue of any force in the country as a result of speeding fines on the M6.
    Although, to be fair, I suspect that's actually proportional, in some way, to the size of the force, the size of the county, the size of the road network or summat.

Honestly can't say I've ever even seen a cop (or camera) on the A74(M) or M74, north of the M6. There's signs but I think that's cos there's a bunch of obsolete, unused, cameras on the A74, itself, and that entitles them to put the signs on the A74(M) as well.
  • Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't fear any other road users as I treat every other driver as trying to kill me, so I watch out!

Black ice is a fear of mine and not being able to stop or control the car.
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom_Basil wrote: »
    So what about you?

Explosive blow out on the Autobahn.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Surely you mean Cumbria rather than D&G, itself?

Seem to recall reading somewhere that the Cumbria police force get the biggest revenue of any force in the country as a result of speeding fines on the M6.
    Although, to be fair, I suspect that's actually proportional, in some way, to the size of the force, the size of the county, the size of the road network or summat.

Honestly can't say I've ever even seen a cop (or camera) on the A74(M) or M74, north of the M6. There's signs but I think that's cos there's a bunch of obsolete, unused, cameras on the A74, itself, and that entitles them to put the signs on the A74(M) as well.

OH said A74M, he's been flashed twice and so have at least 3 of our mates, I think they sit on the bridges in mobile vans.

He was doing 79mph.
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everything! That's why I quit and now use public transport ;-)
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Killing an animal on the road is a fear I've always had.

My worse fear here is hitting a moose, because the legs are wiped out and the body goes straight into the windscreen. This is 1 of many moose crashes near me every year:

http://markbladet.se/?artikel=201211280858391984
  • Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My worse fear here is hitting a moose, because the legs are wiped out and the body goes straight into the windscreen. This is 1 of many moose crashes near me every year:

http://markbladet.se/?artikel=201211280858391984

When my son lived in the north of Sweden this was very common!

Do I remember correctly, you have to have insurance against Moose?
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 9 iron... people thrashing about deadheading the plants
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Waj_100 wrote: »
    When my son lived in the north of Sweden this was very common!

Do I remember correctly, you have to have insurance against Moose?

Yep!!
  • HieronymousHieronymous Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    The 9 iron... people thrashing about deadheading the plants

Well, I'm no golfer but are you sure it should be a 9 iron?