Children in Need 2011

sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if there is a thread on this but anybody looking foward to this?

Alesha Dixon and Fearne Cotton are presenting this year.

Comments

• juswotmawatchinjuswotmawatchin Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    sammyvine wrote: »
    Apologies if there is a thread on this but anybody looking foward to this?

No, not now you mentioned them :yawn:
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, not now you mentioned them :yawn:

What's wrong with them?

I think they will add some fire to the show!
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't they do it last year as well alongside Sir Terry?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cadiva wrote: »
    Didn't they do it last year as well alongside Sir Terry?

Not Alesha i don't think...not sure about Cotton
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    I would pledge £50 to skip all that rubbish, or at least dump it on the red button.
  • sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait to see the preview from the Doctor Who Christmas Special :D
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not Alesha i don't think...not sure about Cotton

You're right I just checked. Alesha didn't present but sang Radio. Fearne Cotton did the back stage stuff. It was Tess Daly presenting with Sir Terry last year.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never watch it 'live' I'll be recording it and fast forwarding to catch any decent bits!
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    What's wrong with them?

I think they will add some fire to the show!

I'd like to add some fire to Alesha Dixon and Fearne Cotton tbh :D

I'm not going out on Friday so I imagine I'll be watching, along with keeping up with the CIN thread on here. Last year it was hilarious with DS users taking the piss out of everything!
  • groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    I would pledge £50 to skip all that rubbish, or at least dump it on the red button.

Haha, if the BBC simply pledged the money wasted on CIN instead of airing it they would smash all records for money raised in a Year.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, if the BBC simply pledged the money wasted on CIN instead of airing it they would smash all records for money raised in a Year.
    That is just not so - last year's appeal raised over £18 million on the night, The costs to the BBC would be nowhere near that (and they would have to provide some programming to fill the void anyway, thus reducing the effective cost even more).
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Each to their own, but in our house it's a programme to be avoided.
  • robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

you missed out Tess and Sir Terry
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you missed out Tess and Sir Terry

Yeah i know and Gaga is performing!
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be giving it a miss , It's aimed at the younger crowd these days , It's nothing but shouty presenters trying to be all ' hip & trendy ' and ' pop act's ' no real genuinely funny sketches any more ,

And no doubt the news readers will be dancing yet again yawnnnnnnnnn
  • Aaron_ScotlandAaron_Scotland Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member
    I just watch it for the live music, So yes I'll be watching it again this year.
  • Object ZObject Z Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a telethon, so by default its predicatable. More so with the ol` Tel and the tired old acts.

The totals `raised` on the night include money already collected in the year before, plus what ever is pledged on the night.

Does some good, but to me, just one big `yawn fest`, so once again, off to Sky Movies.
  • best boybest boy Posts: 836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »

Yes, those delusional, ageing trollops Reid, Raworth, Williams and Maitlis have been 'persuaded' to inflict themselves on us again.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah yes, an evening of watching Sir Terry anticipating his pay cheque.
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »

As they do it every Children in Need it has none of the appeal for me that it did when I first saw it done on Morecombe & Wise's show over thirty years ago. It was seen as a "wow" with people thinking things like "I didn't know they had legs" and "oh look they have a sense of humour and are fun" . Now as you say, it's become an extremely tired and very very old idea. :yawn: But, I'm sure some people love it will come on to post that we who don't are grumps and have no sense of 'fun'. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Pop Stars In Need will be with us once again as the great & the good give up their time to come & grace us with their talent while using the time alloted to remind us that the trade fair known as Christmas is just around the corner as they promote their latest offerings while encouraging us mere mortals to dig deep not only funding their lifestyles , but the impoverished kids highlighted in the 'bring on the guilt' segements between the autocue readers trying to dance m half baked soap stars trying to sing , trying not to laugh at Terry Wogans wig & trying to work out just what its that Alesha Dixon & Fearne Cotton do apart from make a good advert for book ends.

Different year same old crap. Dont do anything different whatever you do, dont get Woss camped outside 10 / 11 Downing Street, or Roslin at the H of Commons or Evans / Moyles at the HQ of Tescos , Sainsburys , Asda , Morrisons , EDF , Eon , British Gas & the other cartels that could donate so much more , but are quite happy to use every tax loophole going.

:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Staunchy wrote: »
    As they do it every Children in Need it has none of the appeal for me that it did when I first saw it done on Morecombe & Wise's show over thirty years ago. It was seen as a "wow" with people thinking things like "I didn't know they had legs" and "oh look they have a sense of humour and are fun" . Now as you say, it's become an extremely tired and very very old idea. :yawn: But, I'm sure some people love it will come on to post that we who don't are grumps and have no sense of 'fun'. ;)

I certainly will not as I agree with you and Doghouse Riley:)
  • groovesectiongroovesection Posts: 605
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    That is just not so - last year's appeal raised over £18 million on the night, The costs to the BBC would be nowhere near that (and they would have to provide some programming to fill the void anyway, thus reducing the effective cost even more).

I think you are mistaken, if you total up the whole cost to he BBC it will not be that far off, At a guess i would say they must spend 5million+ on the logistics and the celebs 'fees'
    How many regional events are linked up around the country? (Meridian,Calendar etc etc) they are all paid for by the BBC.

You would be surprised how much it costs to put on CIN. It isn't a case of ringing Terry Wogan and decking out Studio 1 with a set and an audience!

And being the BBC i am sure they might have something in the archive they have produced that they could repeat instead for literally no cost.
    Is not that where BBC2 Daytime is heading anyway?
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I'll be watching. Probably flit in an out of it though.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you are mistaken, if you total up the whole cost to he BBC it will not be that far off, At a guess i would say they must spend 5million+ on the logistics and the celebs 'fees'

For Perfect Day the performers all had to paid for contractual reasons so everyone got Musicians' Union minimum rate. I suspect that most would donate that to the appeal. Quite possible the same happens for the live programme though the Daily Mail will like to think they all get paid huge fees.