Joe Kinnear

Comments

• Ginger DaddyGinger Daddy Posts: 8,507
    Forum Member
    There will be plenty of Newcastle fans suffering with n'zogbia after hearing the news, I would have thought :D
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    codeblue wrote: »
    They are not.

Lets take AVB as an example.

When he was no longer required to manage CFC, he still had a contract and the club had to keep paying the salary.

However, when he accepted the managers job at spurs, CFC no longer had to pay the salary.

Spurs saved CFC about 12m in wages.
    Just for clarity, also included in these contracts is a clause requiring the former manger to keep applying for jobs realistically within his grasp - Chelsea presumably didn't expect AVB to be unemployed that long so it wasn't a great worry.
  • KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy-B wrote: »
    Just for clarity, also included in these contracts is a clause requiring the former manger to keep applying for jobs realistically within his grasp - Chelsea presumably didn't expect AVB to be unemployed that long so it wasn't a great worry.

you guys probably see the contracts I imagine... :rolleyes:
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Never seen Kinnear as a Trojan horse, but in terms of getting Pardew out as cheaply as possible, that's what he is.
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,766
    Forum Member
    A manager hasn't gone for quite a while - think Pardew might soon though!
  • codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kierenj wrote: »

And yet you are the one who was factually incorrect, stating that Chelsea were still paying their ex manager!

Anyway, this is getting off topic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark F wrote: »
    A manager hasn't gone for quite a while - think Pardew might soon though!

Odds on to go next!
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are people thinking like speculation, that Joe Kinnear will end as manager, well if thats the case, i give him 3 months, before he gets health problems again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are people thinking like speculation, that Joe Kinnear will end as manager, well if thats the case, i give him 3 months, before he gets health problems again

It certainly looks that way.

JFK is on record stating that he would only take a "director of football role" with a view to getting the managers job!

Pardew is in a seemingly untenable position. He looks incredibly weak if he stays having been embarrassed by the club.

I agree with you, but i wouldnt give him 3 months. If JFK starts the season as manager, the reception he will get from the "idiots" will surely be 100% negative.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    It certainly looks that way.

JFK is on record stating that he would only take a "director of football role" with a view to getting the managers job!

Pardew is in a seemingly untenable position. He looks incredibly weak if he stays having been embarrassed by the club.

I agree with you, but i wouldnt give him 3 months. If JFK starts the season as manager, the reception he will get from the "idiots" will surely be 100% negative.

Joe Kinnear is at risk of health problems, im sure his doctors and loved ones, would try to make him see, that being a manager wouldnt be the greatest of ideas
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe Kinnear is at risk of health problems, im sure his doctors and loved ones, would try to make him see, that being a manager wouldnt be the greatest of ideas

He seems so confrontational too.

He is hardly a calming influence on the club, the fans or himself.

Ive never seen anyone with as big a chip on their shoulder. The guy has been borderline useless throughout his career and he cannot seem to accept that!
    Forum Member
    Kierenj wrote: »
    These are standard terms. Any lawyer would be remiss - and ought to be struck off - for not recommending their inclusion.
    Forum Member
    It's still amusing to think a few hours ago people were genuinely concerned JK was having a mental breakdown in public, rather than accept it as true. Yes, the whole thing is that mad.

You're back Newcastle; the comedy kings of the Prem!
  • hallchallc Posts: 200,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joe must have some sex pictures of fat Ashley....
  • FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Andy-B wrote: »
    It's still amusing to think a few hours ago people were genuinely concerned JK was having a mental breakdown in public, rather than accept it as true. Yes, the whole thing is that mad.

You're back Newcastle; the comedy kings of the Prem!

If Kinnear is 'in charge of football matters' - as was announced - and he decides on the transfers .... why do they need Pardew? Isn't Kinnear now a manager in all but name?
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Need to stop going on about this 8 year contract. It was a publicity stunt pure and simple, They wanted to say "ohhhh look at us we giving a manager a long term contact go us". It is like most contracts today in football and not worth the paper its printed on.

Ashley has either done this to get rid of the current manager or he still has no clue how to run a football club and not learnt from his mistakes or he has fallen under the spell of the greatest football manager in the world and acutally believes the rubbish we have heard the last couple of days.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    grauniad wrote: »
    Never seen Kinnear as a Trojan horse, but in terms of getting Pardew out as cheaply as possible, that's what he is.

^^ This.

Not exactly great PR for Newcastle though! It'll end in tears ;)
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hallc wrote: »
    Joe must have some sex pictures of fat Ashley....

Cheers for putting me off my tea :eek:
  • croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What price Pardew being the first manager to bite the bullet in the EPL ... his odds must be shortening as I type this.

Ashley really is a fat slug of a man and this is simply a plot to get shot of the manager - can't be anything else as this appointment has got nothing but "failure" written all over it.
  • Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Given the terms of Pardews contract this seems to be an incredibly long winded way of frcing him to quit if that is the theory behind it,
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,369
    Forum Member
    Apparently in Joe Kinnear's years of experience and expertise, his superior intelligence doesn't extend to knowing how to pronounce his own players names, remembering how many games he played for Spurs, or getting his facts right on which players he signed and for how much
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Isn't Graham Carr one of the best scouts in football. Did they really need Joey
  • pixel_pixelpixel_pixel Posts: 6,694
    Forum Member
    Why is it football clubs are so bad at managing and dealing with the press? I mean I have seen better PR from tiny organisations.
  • big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding Joe Kinnear being unable to pronounce players names properly, neither could Bobby Robson and it never did him any harm. Just saying.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Accident waiting to happen.