Options

Will the X factor song book open a little wider this year

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,045
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
I hoping with the panel changes the dated ballads get rested this year.

Last year they seemed like it was only about 8-10 songs used Whitney Houston, Celine Dione , boyzone , westlife etc.

If Cheryl cole gets as much power to suggest themes as it seems, she seems to be suggested spice girls v girls aloud as a theme which would be a great idea for some less used songs

Comments

• Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually quite liked the idea of the GA vs Spice Girls theme aswell, it just changes it up a bit with songs we haven't had before.

I do hope they try and use songs they haven't before, they need to freshen the show up and having alot of the same songs performed every year makes things boring.
  • Options
    HughOSHughOS Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah theres no need to hear If I Were A Boy, I Have Nothing, Read All About It etc... at all next year. Lets keep it interesting plz judges.
  • Options
    Andy_Smith1Andy_Smith1 Posts: 4,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HughOS wrote: »
    Yeah theres no need to hear If I Were A Boy, I Have Nothing, Read All About It etc... at all next year. Lets keep it interesting plz judges.

Can we add Listen, And i'm Telling You and One Night Only to that list too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    I'm ready to hate "Stay With Me" by Sam Smith and "Free" by Rudimental by the end of the year.
  • Options
    sjamessjames Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget the almost obligatory version of 'I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing'. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    I have a feeling there will be a lot of 'All of Me' or 'happy' this year�
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    kirdej_M wrote: »
    I have a feeling there will be a lot of 'All of Me' or 'happy' this year�

How could I forget! "All of Me" will be the most sung recent song in the auditions no doubt.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't be holding my breath that its going to happen but its one of the most obvious areas that does need changed
  • Options
    SeyedKevSeyedKev Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Can we add Listen, And i'm Telling You and One Night Only to that list too

Not to mention "Feelin' Good".

I'm also having horrible premonitions about "Let It Go" being a popular number either in the auditions or live shows.
  • Options
    SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They only way the songbook will be wider is if the show gets the rights from the labels which is a whole lot of wishful thinking...since several labels don't wish their songs to be murdered I guess.
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And don't forget Simon Cowell will hail anything "fresh and original" when the arrangement is lifted bar for bar from American Idol
  • Options
    Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kiwi88 wrote: »
    I'm ready to hate "Stay With Me" by Sam Smith and "Free" by Rudimental by the end of the year.

I was about to post the same thing. I hate when the show latches on to a trendy new song and completely runs it into the ground.