Who are DTC's most liked/least liked characters in EastEnders?

wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Who are DTC's favourite/most liked characters in EastEnders and which characters is DTC not particularly fond of?

In my opinion, I think Linda and Mick are his favourites but I don't think he is a big fan of Dexter because he doesn't seem to give him a lot to do in terms of storylines.

What are your opinions? :)

Comments

• ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    He absolutely hates all the Carters apparently.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kat and Alfie, two of the shows biggest characters and what they've been given this year so far, is embarrassing! They deserve something huge, hopefully their big storyline coming up soon is impressive!
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Kat and Alfie, two of the shows biggest characters and what they've been given this year so far, is embarrassing! They deserve something huge, hopefully their big storyline coming up soon is impressive!

I'd agree that Kat and Alfie have suffered the most. What little they have been given has been awful. Then Lola who has been no more than a backround character since he took over.

Favourites : The Carters, Beales, Mitchells and Sharon.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He absolutely despises Cora with every inch of his mortal being, despite the undisputable objective fact that she is the finest character played by the most capable and talented actress in the history not just of soap, or even television - but in the millenia long history of dramatic performing arts as a medium for entertainment.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I would say Mick, Linda, Lauren, Stacey and Sharon are his 'big' favourites from his Twitter posts. Esp Linda and Sharon.

Although not "faves" (imo) and just from what I have seen on Twitter, I think he does rate Abi, Ian, Dot, Charlie, Shirley, Babe, Kat, Ronnie, Roxy, Max and the rest of the Carters, Beales, Mitchells.

I don't think not having a 'big' storyline this year means that he doesn't like certain characters.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he has little time for Lola.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    Just because someone doesn't have a storyline doesn't mean he necessarily hates them. Kat and Alfie don't really need a storyline. Throughout the year they've been portrayed as a happy couple which is rare in a soap. To give everyone storylines turns EastEnders into Hollyoaks and we know how that went.
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Just because someone doesn't have a storyline doesn't mean he necessarily hates them. Kat and Alfie don't really need a storyline. Throughout the year they've been portrayed as a happy couple which is rare in a soap. To give everyone storylines turns EastEnders into Hollyoaks and we know how that went.

Agreed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    He absolutely despises Cora with every inch of his mortal being, despite the undisputable objective fact that she is the finest character played by the most capable and talented actress in the history not just of soap, or even television - but in the millenia long history of dramatic performing arts as a medium for entertainment.

We have five consecutive episodes of Cora starting tomorrow.,
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »

Must be why he extended her contract then :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has he?
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member

:D:D:D:D
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »

She's boring anyway now, I didn't miss her at all when she left for a bit!
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Favorites: (in a rough order)
    Linda, mick, Shirley, phil, Sharon, dean

Least favorites:
    Lola as she's been hardly anywhere to be seen, poppy, aj, Ava, sam (in don't blame him for that one), Kirsty and carl as he axed them straight away. Whitney, billy, alfie (as he has made him completely unlikeable in his run), fatboy.

I wouldn't say he hates any of his neglected brought on characters otherwise he wouldn't of brought them in. But he hasn't given donna much thought and the cokers are only just beginning tonget stuff after months of being nothing more then fillers.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley, Linda, Mick, Stacey. People say Sharon is among his faves but the writing for her has been woeful so I don't see it.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems to be a big fan of Dexter - quite why is a mystery far bigger than Dark Matter/Energy/Flow. :(
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    Shirley, Linda, Mick, Stacey. People say Sharon is among his faves but the writing for her has been woeful so I don't see it.

You should see his Twitter. He always raves about Sharon and Letitia Dean on there. Personally I dont get it but he is a huge fan of her.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I totally agree.

How on earth can he be a big fan of Sharon?

He has totally destroyed what was left of her and now (like that repulsive scene of her sneering at Charlie with the Philth just because she thought he was a copper) she is just a dumb blonde moll and Mitchell's total doormat.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I totally agree.

How on earth can he be a big fan of Sharon?

He has totally destroyed what was left of her and now (like that repulsive scene of her sneering at Charlie with the Philth just because she thought he was a copper) she is just a dumb blonde moll and Mitchell's total doormat.

yes, It's really grinding my gears!!! Sorry Ell, I just don't see it and I don't see anything on his Twitter.
    Forum Member
    yes, It's really grinding my gears!!! Sorry Ell, I just don't see it and I don't see anything on his Twitter.

When Sharon had her 'comeback' scene, he was forever tweeting, favouriting and retweeting comments and stories about her. They are still all on there. Letitia Dean seems happy enough too.
  • Cal_Scream2Cal_Scream2 Posts: 6,733
    Forum Member
    I don't think he has 'least liked' characters, but he hasn't put anything into Lola and Whitney - maybe it's on purpose considering both are connected to Lucy Beale's story.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I think it's hard to say. Different characters seemed to have had their share of the spotlight. For example Carol and David were basically the main characters from December to March, with them still being prominent afterwards but it seemed to die down after Janine's trial wrapped up and they started setting the scene for Lucy's death. Then obviously the Beale's have a had a lot of attention incorporating the likes of Denise, Patrick, Lola, what's left of the Brannings and the Mitchells whom have also had a lot going on of their own. And yes, the Carters. I do actually think it's been a pretty mixed bag.

As for the Moon-Slater clan, they have had their share of material, only problem is imo much of it has been crap. Don't know whether that can be perceived as them falling out of favour or writers just not knowing what to do with them if Kat isn't dropping her knickers. Seems basically they've become the new 'poverty' family now Bianca and co have upped sticks. Their current arc with Alfie is sort of keeping me interested but I still think it's a joke they've done the quite specific 'man accidentally puts the woman he loves in mortal danger' plot twice within a matter of months. And Alfie has become seriously hateable, I do wonder how they'll develop it when the truth comes out.
  • J-BJ-B Posts: 18,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    big dan wrote: »
    I think it's hard to say. Different characters seemed to have had their share of the spotlight. For example Carol and David were basically the main characters from December to March, with them still being prominent afterwards but it seemed to die down after Janine's trial wrapped up and they started setting the scene for Lucy's death. Then obviously the Beale's have a had a lot of attention incorporating the likes of Denise, Patrick, Lola, what's left of the Brannings and the Mitchells whom have also had a lot going on of their own. And yes, the Carters. I do actually think it's been a pretty mixed bag.

As for the Moon-Slater clan, they have had their share of material, only problem is imo much of it has been crap. Don't know whether that can be perceived as them falling out of favour or writers just not knowing what to do with them if Kat isn't dropping her knickers. Seems basically they've become the new 'poverty' family now Bianca and co have upped sticks. Their current arc with Alfie is sort of keeping me interested but I still think it's a joke they've done the quite specific 'man accidentally puts the woman he loves in mortal danger' plot twice within a matter of months. And Alfie has become seriously hateable, I do wonder how they'll develop it when the truth comes out.

Great post, I agree entirely.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the Kat and Sharon stories are that similar. The Sharon/Phil/Shirley story was pure melodrama. Kat and Alfie's feels a bit more grounded.

We'll probably see a big confrontation between Kat and Alfie when the truth comes out rather than Kat plotting against him beforehand. It would be so uninspiring if they went down the plotting revenge route again.

The Moons and Lauren dominated the crap years 2011-2013. Those characters needed to be used in a less concentrated way this year. I don't think it means DTC doesn't like them.
    Forum Member
    Great post, I agree entirely.

I agree with your agreement.