EastEnders Episode Thread Thursday 09-02-17 Double Dose of Carter Calamities

1141516171820»

Comments

• kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,241
    Forum Member
    Tanequil wrote: »
    Are not swimming pools heated.

Probably not when closed.

I said way back on NYD when people were saying they didn't understand what had happened that the cold water might have caused Roxys heart to fail or at least pass out.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    owen10 wrote: »
    Do we have an episode on Friday as well

I don't know actually I thought not as thought there was football but it's not fa cup weekend so assume it is on tomorrow
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    I assume Mick, Shirley and Linda have lost their license now but who is the licensee at the moment?
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    I assume Mick, Shirley and Linda have lost their license now but who is the licensee at the moment?

No they just got a fine.
  • Dan-BevisDan-Bevis Posts: 12,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Probably not when closed.

I said way back on NYD when people were saying they didn't understand what had happened that the cold water might have caused Roxys heart to fail or at least pass out.

Yeah, something the hotel wouldn't be liable to be sued for.

Ronnie and Roxy broke in [somehow] of their own accord. It was indeed death by misadventure.
  • jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    No they just got a fine.
    That's good news for the Carters but realistically they should have lost their license, however Mick and Shirley didn't know what Babe did and it wouldn't be fair. Sadly it looks like the Carters may sell the Vic soon :( especially when Aunt Babe 'cursed' them and said she hoped they will lose the pub. It appears O'Connor is a fan of foreshadowing, eg: Ronnie/Roxy's deaths.
    Forum Member
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Madam goes on about lee lying and the. Does exactly the same thing

Yes, I thought exactly the same thing. So we can add hypocricy to her list of faults.
    Forum Member
    Dan-Bevis wrote: »
    Yeah, something the hotel wouldn't be liable to be sued for.

Ronnie and Roxy broke in [somehow] of their own accord. It was indeed death by misadventure.

Yes.

Provided they had a sign up saying that the pool was closed, or the opening hours (which all hotels do in my experience) then they would be covered, even if they hadn't locked it.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    Yes.

Provided they had a sign up saying that the pool was closed, or the opening hours (which all hotels do in my experience) then they would be covered, even if they hadn't locked it.

Surely with people wandering around drunk they can't rely on a sign. It should have been locked.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    What on earth is that girl wearing? None of the schools round here would let you in dressed in a skirt as hideous as that !

She should take it off tbh.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    That line about how Jack 'let' Roxy be a part of Ronnie's life was ridiculous. Roxy was Ronnie's sister and a part of her life long before he ever was.

Also Jack did practically force Ronnie into not having anything to do with Roxy, isolating Roxy in the weeks leading up to her death.

Roxy may have brought trouble to Ronnie's door over the years but Jack also hurt her and despite how inferior he made Roxy feel re Amy, he's hardly parent of the year himself.

That said, I get his anger about the ear piercing but it's not something you'd evict someone over, especially when you need the support. Glenda has been good with Amy.

Second ep not as good as the first. The teens are awful.

Quite agreed! Jack is nothing more than an Arrogent Bully. Glenda was even apologising when she realised she overstepped the mark and its not the end of the world. Amy clearly misses her mum - Atleast someone is finally mourning for her! Its Jack whk caused the sisters deaths via his bullying and Isolating Roxy from Ronnie and Amy. Its because pf him she began turning to drugs like she did. Its all Jacks fault. Horrid character.
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    Surely with people wandering around drunk they can't rely on a sign. It should have been locked.

I think the individual person is still expected to have responsibility for their own actions, legally as well as otherwise.

There invariably are signs saying that guests should not swim after consuming alcohol, if there is nobody else in the pool etc and I think I've even seen.notices stating they would not be liable for injury should these instructions be ignored.

I've certainly stayed in hotels where you could get into the leisure areas when not open, indeed I've gone down intending to swim and not continued on seeing the signs. I've also seen them be able to be accessed during evening wedding receptions.

Fact is, people could be drunk anytime of the day, even when it is open, so swim when incapabke or fall in. They can't be held liable for every individuals decision.
  • wildangelwildangel Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    Kelvin guest appearance next then?

Nah, we're just making somethin outta nothin :blush:
  • ilovenicnacsilovenicnacs Posts: 43,368
    Forum Member
    Shirley must have a second job as the Milk Tray man.

De deee de de der der..
    http://i1.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article10350616.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS75279118.jpg
  • owen10owen10 Posts: 127,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    wildangel wrote: »
    I remember that song. I would if it has been played in Queen Vic

Well at least it was not as good as Every Loser Wins by Nick Berry
    Forum Member
    Splash :D

I know it's bad, but Sylvie really gets on my nerves :D
    lola_skye wrote: »
    Why doesn't jack have a stair gate with a toddler in the house?

Because Jack would find rather find someone else to blame when things go wrong, Matthew falling down the stairs? Obviously the ghost of Roxy came back and pushed him :rolleyes:
    Isn't Bianca too young to be playing bingo?

She is 40 and probably has ready made bingo wings from all the chicken nuggets she eats.
    Whitney can cook???

Does cheese and pickle sandwiches count as cooking? :D
    Forum Member
    RickLopez wrote: »
    Aww great scene between Whit and Lee.

FFS Johnny's got the jacket back on!

Never mind a Swedish quiz! I Was looking forward to Abba and meatballs :D
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wildangel wrote: »

:D Oh dear us oldies, the good old eighties ;-)
    Forum Member
    sixtynine wrote: »
    Who else expected lightening to strike just then? PMSL

I expected a broomstick to swoop down, Babe to jump on it and fly away cackling, with Ethel Esq on the back! :D
    close up of him writing, obviously not Danny doing it :D

:D it looked like a two year old was writing it!
    That's a big deal Stace says a woman who dumped a dead body.
    :D Jane preparing the flower beds for her next victim..
    piggypug wrote: »
    Tracey spoke!

She interrupted Whitney's brazen flirting with Mick >:(
    haha Shirls is an independent woman :D
    I like how Mick accepted Shirley was his mum instead of his sister, and calls her "mother" their scenes are so natural.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MR_Pitkin wrote: »
    So the cocaine wasn't the cause.

Most likely was, it's just not something that can be 100% proven.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    That's good news for the Carters but realistically they should have lost their license, however Mick and Shirley didn't know what Babe did and it wouldn't be fair. Sadly it looks like the Carters may sell the Vic soon :( especially when Aunt Babe 'cursed' them and said she hoped they will lose the pub. It appears O'Connor is a fan of foreshadowing, eg: Ronnie/Roxy's deaths.

I think for a first offence a fine is realistic.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two decent episodes.

Shirley did well to get rid of Babe but she should not have interfered in the Kitchen. She should have left Abigail alone.

As an ex-cop, Jack should have know the result of the inquest well before.

Jack was a total prat. >:(>:(

Will Gormless Lee notice the missing rings before 2020 ?

I suppose the court have given Mick Time to pay,

Rebecca should now grass up the Mitchell weanch

In spite of his troubles, Bun head remembers to shave the majority of his head
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,922
    Forum Member
    SULLA wrote: »
    Two decent episodes.

Shirley did well to get rid of Babe but she should not have interfered in the Kitchen. She should have left Abigail alone.

As an ex-cop, Jack should have know the result of the inquest well before.

Jack was a total prat. >:(>:(

Will Gormless Lee notice the missing rings before 2020 ?

I suppose the court have given Mick Time to pay,

Rebecca should now grass up the Mitchell weanch

In spite of his troubles, Bun head remembers to shave the majority of his head
    Abi cant do everything on her own
  • Peg ODwyerPeg ODwyer Posts: 42,801
    Forum Member
    Jack is a creep. Abi is an idiot, so nothing new. I am glad Babe is gone, ( for now) I wonder how long before Glenda sues for custody of Matthew, Jack has no biological claim to him. I'd rather see hi go to Charlie. I hope Jack will not take out his Rox hate on Amy. Poor child.