What an AWFUL final!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
Forum Member
✭✭
Just saw it, my god, how horrible was that! One of the worst final ever!

The whole JLS and ID was dire. ID can't sing, and JLS doesn't know how to do it anymore.

Leona was boring as usual. And why is she covering this song?! Really Syco?! Can't do anything with Leona I see. Leona has nothing to Johnny Cash's version. She needs to be wheeled back into Simon's closet.

I expected more from Buble, but he looked drunk and not into it. Pretty rubbish.

All the acts were awful. In order of bad to worst - Little Mix, then Amelia, then Marcus. Marcus should not be there. He is Eoghan all over again.

The whole mentor duet were crap. No one really cares, and just bad.

Just awful!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do believe it's 1D not ID. I also found the final quite enjoyable even if it wasn't as star packed as usual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    drakephil wrote: »

The whole JLS and ID was dire. ID can't sing, and JLS doesn't know how to do it anymore.

Leona was boring as usual. And why is she covering this song?! Really Syco?! Can't do anything with Leona I see. Leona has nothing to Johnny Cash's version. She needs to be wheeled back into Simon's closet.

I expected more from Buble, but he looked drunk and not into it. Pretty rubbish.

All the acts were awful. In order of bad to worst - Little Mix,
    then Amelia, then Marcus. Marcus should not be there. He is Eoghan all over again.

The whole mentor duet were crap. No one really cares, and
    just bad.

Just awful!

The duets were all incredible, the best of any other year and the judges looked like they cared alot, what was you watching! Fool
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lud2012 wrote: »
    The duets were all incredible, the best of any other year and the judges looked like they cared alot, what was you watching! Fool

Really?!!

Last year, will give you that.

Series 6, Joe and George Michael (outsang George. impressive.)

Series 5, Alex and Beyonce (although ruined with Alex crying, Beyonce showed Kelly)

Series 4, Leon and Kylie Minogue (Kylie is just amazing! Leon was ok.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I agree...the final performances from each act were of a pretty poor standard considering it was the final. From the 1st contestants performances i thought none of the songs showed off the contestants vocal abilities (maybe apart from little mix). Marcus singing the Outcast song did nothing to enhance his chances of winning the show. In fact, i think he took a massive step backwards in singing such a poor song choice. It took away from some of his better performances from previous weeks, I also didnt like how the judges seemed to only give positive feedback and standing ovations to contestants when their performances were nowhere near the standard for that sort of praise just because they were in the final. Maybe they were told to only give positive feedback to try and increase the number of votes the public cast thoughout the show (and thereby increasing Syco's profit margin).
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the judges always give positive feedback at the final. :confused: at this point to critique them heavily would be churlish. people have voted to get them there and its more of a celebration at this stage. except of course for the time where sharon made a last ditch attempt at stopping steve from winning.:o
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really?!!

Last year, will give you that.

Series 6, Joe and George Michael (outsang George. impressive.)

Series 5, Alex and Beyonce (although ruined with Alex crying, Beyonce showed Kelly)

Series 4, Leon and Kylie Minogue (Kylie is just amazing! Leon was ok.)

I agree with this. The duets this year were pretty sub-standard compared to the above. Everything seemed to be on the cheap.

XF no longer want really good singers as winners. It is all about who is the most commercial, and I don't mean just selling records.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CARA2000 wrote: »
    I agree with this. The duets this year were pretty sub-standard compared to the above. Everything seemed to be on the cheap.

XF no longer want really good singers as winners. It is all about who is the most commercial, and I don't mean just selling records.

that is why the shows called the x factor, its never been just about the singing. the voice i would imagine will be different.
  • oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was appalling, mainly in terms of atmosphere. For the massive deal they made out of being in Wembley Arena, I think the change of venue took a lot of the atmosphere away.

Thought the performances were boring and unmoving. Not bad on the vocals, just not particularly entertaining.

Only moment of the finale I really liked was Leona's perforrmance of Hurt. Everything else was so weak and blegh for a finale.
  • CARA2000CARA2000 Posts: 10,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona shut up (silenced) Take That.

Alex matched vocally Beyonce (shame about the crying).

Joe sang one of the best songs ever written with one of the greatest male vocalists and matched him at every level.

There wasn't one spine tingling duet this year. The whole night was flat.

May be their trying to make the Public go out more and spend in the restaurants and bars? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    I think sound quality was sacrificed in preference to spectacle and crowd noise. A lot better than SCD at Wembley however!
  • JanieBJanieB Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I felt that Dermot was also floundering last night in the bigger venue trying to pull it all together. They also did away with the OBs at the finalists' home towns. I found myself actually missing a hoarse voiced Jeff Brazier shouting over the mad relatives in some local church hall.

It's the little things that you get used to every year that you miss.
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member

All the acts were awful. In order of bad to worst - Little Mix, then Amelia, then Marcus. Marcus should not be there. He is Eoghan all over again.

The whole mentor duet were crap. No one really cares, and just bad.

Just awful!

It wasn't as good as previous years, that's for sure. Comparing Beyonce, Rhianna Christina etc, with last nights lot, well.........
    The finalists weren't great either, this is the first year when I don't give a toss who wins.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    Yes, it was awful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh vienna wrote: »
    It was appalling, mainly in terms of atmosphere. For the massive deal they made out of being in Wembley Arena, I think the change of venue took a lot of the atmosphere away.

Thought the performances were boring and unmoving. Not bad on the vocals, just not particularly entertaining.

Only moment of the finale I really liked was Leona's perforrmance of Hurt. Everything else was so weak and blegh for a finale.

We turned off after the first two songs and decided to watch it on youtube later and im so glad we did, 2 hours saved.

I agree there was just no emotion or excitement this year, but i guess thats what happens when the duets are with the mentors they have been with for months already.

Then again, once the mentor duets were announced it was always going to be poor. Tulisa (who admittedly was really good) turned LM into her backing singers, Kelly and Amelia both sang ok, but it just didn't work and while Gary and Marcus was the best of the night, it wasn't really entertaining or memorable.
  • alfaalfa Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mathematicians can used Leona's performance as a illustration of just how big infinity is by asking them the number of things that were wrong with it.

One of the biggest travesties in musical history. Bit like Little Mix trying to do Pergolesi's Stabat Mater.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Let's all jump on the 'X Factor is finished bandwagon' nobody is watching it etc. Well I enjoyed it, especially Little Mix who really rose to the occasion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jox1280 wrote: »
    Let's all jump on the 'X Factor is finished bandwagon' nobody is watching it etc. Well I enjoyed it, especially Little Mix who really rose to the occasion.

What bandwagon?:confused: From what I saw, it was one of the worst finals.
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I thought it was disappointing tbh. It was so disappointing I kept switching over to watch Tommy Cooper. It was wrong on many levels ; most of which have already been voiced on here. I always used to enjoy seeing the dressesCheryl and Danii wore. This season the dresses have been less than hoped.They also really need a new costumierfor the contestants.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was crap all round guest performances asside ( Only Leona did well).
  • warleywitchwarleywitch Posts: 2,541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes. I forgot...it was awful on another level too...the almost pyrotechnical lighting effects were very distracting and the long shots the camera kept making in order to show the frantic, frenetic, light show was more than unnecessary; it was just a laser light show and had nothing to do with the competition. there. rant over.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was an average final, I didn't think the song choices were great, it was edging on being boring. I liked all of the guest acts though, thought they all put on a really good show.
  • J05hJ05h Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the fact the thread was started at 4am says it all really you are all so quick to put the x factor down I don't think any of you will ever be happy what the x factor does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Alex & Beyonce was embarrassing, it was clear that singing on stage in the final was the first time they had met. At least duetting with the mentors last night they all looked like they were singing together, had practised together, and knew what each other was doing.
  • plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    I thought it worked well except for 1D rushing out and running around so no one could see whether they were singing. Made me puke to see JLS being used as pawns by Simon to push those no hopers yet again in our faces. JLS, you are successful time to big up and get out of this sh!te.

Kelly looked uncomfortable with Amelia while Amelia seemed oblivious to this. Anyway Amelia will shortly be able to forget Kelly and move on to better things.

Tulisa sang well and really got it together with Little Mix.
  • mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Agree we had great suprises in the final other years like Brian May and Queen coming out and really big stars involved. The live wembley show didnt work. None of them could really sing a ballad in all that din. Gary and Marcus' ballad was awful. I thought he would be out .