Comments

• WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah.OX wrote: »
    Yeah,she said that while laughing.
    She shouldn't have laughed at all.

Back on point:

She just comes across as full of herself in the interview,saying she's a very credible artist and all international sales,as if she's undermining Cheryl and saying Cheryl isn't a credible artist.

Back to your own point, she was not laughing at the fact that "Cheryl had such a life threatening illness" at all. Did you even watch the video YOU went to the trouble to find and post?

And so what, Cheryl ISN'T a credible artist!!! Lmao
    I'm certainly no music snob (I love the spice girls' music) but let's call a spade a spade.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So this thread is basically Cheryl Cole uberfan doesn't like the fact that another female said something not 100% complimentary about the ickle Geordie pwincess?

I don't see anything wrong in that interview at all. Cheryl made comments about Nicole in her book and Nicole is stating her own take on things. How that makes her smug is beyond me :confused:
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've sold a lot of albums IN-TER-NATION-ALLY,that is the key word.'

but how many have you sold in your own country ?
  • Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to your own point, she was not laughing at the fact that "Cheryl had such a life threatening illness" at all. Did you even watch the video YOU went to the trouble to find and post?

And so what, Cheryl ISN'T a credible artist!!! Lmao
    I'm certainly no music snob (I love the spice girls' music) but let's call a spade a spade.

I was unfortunate enough to watch X Factor last night,and to be fair,I thought Nicole sang pretty well, although almost anyone would sound good when compared to Cheryl's hideous caterwauling.
    I'm not sure that it's as much about calling a spade a spade,as a reasonably attractive, talentless mime artist.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Cheryl shouldn't have said anything in the first place then... if she had a problem with her than she should have said something to her there and then, not take a cheap shot in a book. And it wasn't just Nicole.S, it seemed to be one of her own bandmates aswell!

Cheryl slagged off Nicole way back in 2006 or something as well. Saying she wasn't anything special, or words to that effect. She has had quite a few pops at Nicole in public.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    downtonfan wrote: »
    Nicole is far superior to Biffa in every way. Gorgeous and can sing in tune.

Nicole is far superior to every female judge that's ever appeared on XF, including the vastly overrated blandness that is Dannii Minogue.
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    guffybear wrote: »

2 Top 5 albums with PCD,4 Top 10 Singles although only 1 Top 10 as a feat. Solo artist with P Diddy.

She's done not bad. Over double the album sales of Girls Aloud, PCD had 2 albums, GA had 6.

What she said was right, and may seem a bit bitchy, but Cheryl more than started it with her comments. Cheryl comes across bitter and vindictive as if she would have kept her job if Nicole hadn't been around. Glad Nicole had a chance to publicly respond, and put Cheryl firmly in her place.
  • guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 Top 5 albums with PCD,4 Top 10 Singles although only 1 Top 10 as a feat. Solo artist with P Diddy.

She's done not bad. Over double the album sales of Girls Aloud, PCD had 2 albums, GA had 6.

What she said was right, and may seem a bit bitchy, but Cheryl more than started it with her comments. Cheryl comes across bitter and vindictive as if she would have kept her job if Nicole hadn't been around. Glad Nicole had a chance to publicly respond, and put Cheryl firmly in her place.

the quote starts 'I've' not 'i was a member of a band'

so i ask have again how many album sales in her own country (and for the benefit of those where english is not their first language) will add where the product was based on her own abilities rather than as one of a collective
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't cut and paste, I'm on an Ipad.

Yes you can. I'm on an iPad(first generation) and I cut and paste all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    Whether or not you're a fan of Cheryl I just find this person so incredibly arrogant and selfloving. Very unpleasant and has lowself asteem so she feels the need to constantly put herself up high.

I think Cheryl is arrogant, but why do people seem to have a problem with women they deem self loving? I see it all the time. I cringe at comments like "she loves herself more than anybody" used in a negative way. (I'm not specifically referring to Cheryl) of course they should love themselves. I know for a fact I love myself more than anyone else loves me and I should. There is a world of difference between being confident loving yourself, and blatant arrogance.
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I meant she came across as smug when talking about Cheryl. The way she emphasized "internationally". The record sales had nothing to do with what Cheryl said,yet Nicole felt the need to boast about hee career,which flopped first time around..Cheryl is just so more likeable and genuine than Nicole ever will be. When Cheryl was ill with malaria,Perez Hilton posted a video of him joking about it and Nicole was with him,both of them laughing at the fact Cheryl had such a life threatening illness. I'm sure the video is on youtube somewhere. I will try find it. She just doesn't seem like a nice person at all.

EDIT: Here's the video http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&client=mv-google&v=N9lLfXDm0Qk I don't know if that link will work as I'm on my phone but just search 'Perez Hilton chatting with Nicole Scherzinger' and it should come up.

No offence Sarah but your opinion is really biast due to the fact you love Cheryl and say how amazing she is on other threads. I really like Cheryl too and I LOVE Girls Aloud but Nicole is absolutely right. Why on earth write that in a book?
  • Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lmao,that photo is AMAZING! :D Hilarious! I saw it on twitter this morning,it's proving to be a very popular photo :L And no,it's not me haha :p
  • Sarah.OXSarah.OX Posts: 1,204
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No offence Sarah but your opinion is really biast due to the fact you love Cheryl and say how amazing she is on other threads. I really like Cheryl too and I LOVE Girls Aloud but Nicole is absolutely right. Why on earth write that in a book?

None taken. Well,maybe I am biased as yeah you're right,I do love Cheryl and yeah I do think she's amazing :p Maybe because that in her book,Cheryl knew she'd have to address the whole Nicole/XF thing as it was a huge part of her life and she just decided to write what she thought about Nicole as a lot of people were very curious what Cheryl's real opinion was of her and she wrote about how she thought Nicole pitched for her job/she thought she was odd,etc... I don't know why she wrote it tbh,guess to let people know that her and Nicole aren't friends
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None taken. Well,maybe I am biased as yeah you're right,I do love Cheryl and yeah I do think she's amazing :p Maybe because that in her book,Cheryl knew she'd have to address the whole Nicole/XF thing as it was a huge part of her life and she just decided to write what she thought about Nicole as a lot of people were very curious what Cheryl's real opinion was of her and she wrote about how she thought Nicole pitched for her job/she thought she was odd,etc... I don't know why she wrote it tbh,guess to let people know that her and Nicole aren't friends

You do need to tone down the hero worship ;) But you're no worse than a certain poster on here who thinks the Spice Girls and in particular Geri Halliwell are music maestros ;);)

Anyway, this business between Nicole and Cheryl is nothing more than a silly spat. Both girls are beautiful and know it, it's just a clash of egos.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That second photo is brilliant. However, to my eyes, it looks more like terror than adoration!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Scherzinger is a major star so why she lowers herself to comment on the geordie karaoke act is beyond me.
  • Harry RedknappHarry Redknapp Posts: 4,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

3million
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't cut and paste, I'm on an Ipad.
    Yes, you can.

Hold your finger/thumb down at the beginning or end of whatever text you want to copy, until it is highlighted in blue. Then drag your finger across the rest of the text, let go and press copy. Tap in the adress bar and press paste. Ouila.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://fabulousmag.co.uk/2012/12/09/nicole-scherzinger-not-such?-a-kitten/

Nicole does not come across very well in that interview at all! Very smug and stuck up. The way she goes on about internationally,despite it not having anything to do with what Cheryl said! She flopped a few years back and the Americans didn't seem to want her on their show(they would've prefered Cheryl,it was revealed loads of Americans liked her even though she was only on screen a few episodes). So she's got nothing to be stuck up about

I think Nicole comes across brilliantly in the article. I love her on X Factor and I'm glad she's been such a success over here. She's sassy, funny, beautiful, classy and comes across as a nice person. Cheryl bores me and she did make those digs about Nicole in her book, which was either to get publicity or just be bitchy. Either way, it was pretty pathetic but then I would imagine the rest of Cheryl's book is a bore. I'm not keen on the woman.
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DC 17 wrote: »
    Scherzinger is a major star so why she lowers herself to comment on the geordie karaoke act is beyond me.

That is what i dont understand, Nicole really should not give Cheryl Cole any publicity by mentioning her:confused: then again didnt Nicole get mentioned in Cole's book along with Ashley.........again:rolleyes:(Time she shut up about him the sympathy she got is well and truly over now)
  • brumiladbrumilad Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the quote starts 'I've' not 'i was a member of a band'

so i ask have again how many album sales in her own country (and for the benefit of those where english is not their first language) will add where the product was based on her own abilities rather than as one of a collective
    Well as an 'artist' the PCD does count. As she was the only member of the group who artistically was involved, singing everything and co-writing much of it.

You're on about how it was marketed... and that was under the PCD brand.

As an 'artist' she was involved as much as any solo star... even if the marketing didn't sell it that way.
  • who-mewho-me Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Nicole comes across as very likeable in the interview. She does have a good voice, dances really well and has a credible stage persona (ie; not relying on lots of dancers and technology). Records sales aside I think she isn't as needy as Cheryl in terms of wanting public acceptance and sympathy for whtever is going on in her personal life. There's something about Cheryl that's trying too hard and it's off putting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember this incident. Cheryl inferred Nicole was some weirdo for singing at her, then Brian Friedman said that he was there and actually Cheryl was the one who sang at Nicole first, she didn't mention that when she was slagging her off in her autobiography though...
  • teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know how Cheryl got to where she did in the first place. She ought to just go back into obscurity and stop trying to get back in the limelight.