JADE Goody’s estate is facing bankruptcy...

i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
Forum Member
A newspaper that made money exploiting Jade Goody reports..
JADE Goody’s estate is facing bankruptcy after being hit with a £1million tax bill.

The taxman is grabbing tragic Jade’s fortune — leaving her two young sons with NOTHING.

Trustees for the tragic Big Brother star’s boys last night branded the demand “heartless”.

How can HMRC be 'grabbing' her fortune? Surely they recovering the money she owes in taxes, and if it's £1m then thats a lot of unpaid tax over the years?

As for her sons being left with nothing, are The Sun suggesting their father does not care and provide for them from his earnings as a well paid TV presenter?

Comments

• phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    A newspaper that hacked the phone of Jade Goody "buries the bad news" of a payout with a bit of spin.

There, I've corrected it.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,804
    Forum Member
    Back in March 2010 it was being reported she left £3m to her sons....my maths may be wrong but £3m - £1m leaves £2m. or do the papers just make it all up?

Why is The Sun only referring to her income of £2.2m from 2006 - 2010, what about the £3m she reportedly earnt from 2002 - 2006, which previously we were told was £8m.

On the 12 Aug 2009 The Sun's Mike Sullivan and Richard White wrote....
    Jade's will is due to be published on September 26 (2009).

Her estimated £6million estate will go into a trust being set up for her sons along with proceeds from the sale of her house in Upshire, Essex.

To legally avoid inheritance tax of more than £2.3million, the estate is expected to be passed to the trust through Jack without him having any rights over it
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Back in March 2010 it was being reported she left £3m to her sons....my maths may be wrong but £3m - £1m leaves £2m. or do the papers just make it all up?

Why is The Sun only referring to her income from £2.2m 2006 - 2010, what about the £3m she reportedly earnt from 2002 - 2006, which previously we were told was £8m.

On the 12 Aug 2009 The Sun's Mike Sullivan and Richard White wrote....

You don't honestly expect the tabloids to do ACTUAL sums do you? It's all about emotive headlines.

Quite simply-if the Estate owes the taxman then they've spent the tax that should have been held in reserve to be paid to the Revenue.
    They owe it so what's the problem.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    phil solo wrote: »
    There, I've corrected it.

Probably explains why the Goody story is on the front page...what a hoot.

A demonstration of the 'rich & powerful' keeping their name out of the press.
    Forum Member
    soullover wrote: »
    You don't honestly expect the tabloids to do ACTUAL sums do you? It's all about emotive headlines.

Quite simply-if the Estate owes the taxman then they've spent the tax that should have been held in reserve to be paid to the Revenue.

The Sun clearly believes millionaires should not pay taxes. :)
  • Mr DangerousMr Dangerous Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without knowing the full facts it's hard to comment but it's true that the taxman would of got their share of her estate in the end. As for the kids, they are okay because they have a father who is looking after them..
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea how this woman made so much money from doing what appears to be naff all except annoy people
    Forum Member
    Without knowing the full facts it's hard to comment but it's true that the taxman would of got their share of her estate in the end. As for the kids, they are okay because they have a father who is looking after them..

When the same paper says in 2009 she was leaving about £6m to her sons and then 4 years later it is only £1m, one has to wonder what the truth is or where's the missing £5m.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soullover wrote: »

Because its the sun. The clear subtext is that 'how dare rich people pay taxes', but they are wrapping it up in a tragic, children with dead mother left penniless angle so the idiots will swallow it.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun...that scion of truth and justice again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun that used to print stories of how thick she was and how racist she was and then she became sick and it was like the second coming, they could not kiss her arse enough
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her kids may not end up with millions in the bank but they have a father who protects their privacy and will continue to ensure they have the most normal childhood he can give them.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    The Sun that used to print stories of how thick she was and how racist she was and then she became sick and it was like the second coming, they could not kiss her arse enough

That was true in a lot of places, including on here to some extent. She was a racist, pig thick moron but suddenly was beatified because she was dying of cancer.

Her death was tragic; no 27 year old should die of cancer, and I am sure her sons miss her every day, but that doesn't change the fact that she was a nasty bully with very few redeeming qualities (all IMHO of course).

The 'Mush' Jodie Marsh forum was the worst. A forum set up to slag off Jodie Marsh became some sort of Jade Goody fanclub. People were banned for daring to suggest she was a cretin. All very odd.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Her kids may not end up with millions in the bank but they have a father who protects their privacy and will continue to ensure they have the most normal childhood he can give them.

This.

Jade should have thought about her taxes more whilst she was alive. So many (thick) young celebs who suddenly come into money think its gonna last forever. It aint.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was true in a lot of places, including on here to some extent. She was a racist, pig thick moron but suddenly was beatified because she was dying of cancer.

Her death was tragic; no 27 year old should die of cancer, and I am sure her sons miss her every day, but that doesn't change the fact that she was a nasty bully with very few redeeming qualities (all IMHO of course).

The 'Mush' Jodie Marsh forum was the worst. A forum set up to slag off Jodie Marsh became some sort of Jade Goody fanclub. People were banned for daring to suggest she was a cretin. All very odd.

The power of the press maybe... the easily influenced going with the majority and agreeing with the press
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Jade was a horrible person and I never liked her. Yes it was tragic what happened to her, but lets not try to pretend she was anything more than a thick, inarticulate bully who showed herself up to be a vile on several separate occasions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank God we don't have to suffer her mum yapping on any more with her voice that could cut glass
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »

That is so true.

Unsure why this 'story' merits a rehashing of venom against their late mother though.:(

She's dead and cannot answer for all her actions now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is so true.

Unsure why this 'story' merits a rehashing of venom against their late mother though.:(

It's called expressing an opinion DD - something you freely do every day on here.

Are you saying we should only make positive comments about her now because she's dead? A bit idealistic and inherently pointless, no? We have the power of free speech.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's called expressing an opinion DD - something you freely do every day on here.

Are you saying we should only make positive comments about her now because she's dead? A bit idealistic and inherently pointless, no? We have the power of free speech.

Yes indeed.
    I was merely expressing mine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes indeed.
    I was merely expressing mine.

Fine, OK.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She couldn't answer for her actions when alive either
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another article below:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/3847388/Jade-Goodys-cash-wiped-out-by-18m-debts.html

This article is over a year old...looks like all this talk being rehashed all over again.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is so true.

She never answered for them when she was alive either. It was always someone else's fault that she was the way she was.

I don't understand why when someone dies some people suddenly expect others to forget all the bad things that the person did in life?
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The tabloids trying to rehash a story about a tragic Big Brother housemate most people have forgotten about.