Options

Do you refrain from farting in your house?

oatstieoatstie Posts: 562
Forum Member
✭✭
A question for people who don't live on their own: Do you make any attempt to hold in your farts around the house, or do you just let rip whenever you feel like it? We were discussing this in the staff room at work this lunchtime and several people admitted they fart whenever they like, including in front of wife/husband/kids/brothers/sisters because they take the view it's their home and it's therefore an appropriate place to do it. :eek:Me personally, I'd feel embarrassed farting in front of any other person so I'd always try my best to hold them in. I'd also feel very uncomfortable about subjecting other people to my pooh smells. :o What is your policy?

Comments

• Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I live alone, but even when I didn't, it was open house on farting.

Mind you, the house really needed to be open, to vent the smell. :p
  • Options
    ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    I go for as loud as possible, and judge the result out of ten. I still haven't hit a ten-shot yet :(

ETA: Although I do live alone (with two equally smelly cats) so that disqualifies me from the thread :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm early middle aged, so farts just pop out now, if it happens in front of chap, I say excuse me :o
  • Options
    Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two poo threads and a fart thread, OP?

You're on a (questionable) roll...
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always blamed the cat .
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you've lived with someone for nearly 2 decades hiding your farts is a distant memory.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    We all let it out in our house, no point in holding it in and getting a bad stomach :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    I live alone now, but in the past no, I never held in a fart. It's my house too, regardless of who else lives there, so if I want to let rip then I will let rip. :)
  • Options
    JulzeiJulzei Posts: 4,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wherever you may be, let your farts go free for the want of a fart was the death of me.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oatstie wrote: »
    A question for people who don't live on their own: Do you make any attempt to hold in your farts around the house, or do you just let rip whenever you feel like it? We were discussing this in the staff room at work this lunchtime and several people admitted they fart whenever they like, including in front of wife/husband/kids/brothers/sisters because they take the view it's their home and it's therefore an appropriate place to do it. :eek:Me personally, I'd feel embarrassed farting in front of any other person so I'd always try my best to hold them in. I'd also feel very uncomfortable about subjecting other people to my pooh smells. :o What is your policy?

I live alone, but I don't fart in front of the cat as she gets easily spooked by loud noises.

Seriously though, I would never fart in company.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    :eek: This forum is almost as obsessed with piss, shit, and farting as it is with benefits, Christianity and Muslims.

Must remember to switch my bookmark to the Digital Spy TV & Entertainment sections...
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Seriously though, I would never fart in company.

It's always better to fart in company with others.

It makes for a more tuneful sound. :p
  • Options
    venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They blow free here, and we have been known to laugh about it.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a Friday Fartfest is due.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not only do OH and let rip in front of each other, we give each other marks out of ten. We enjoy a good trump.

Most of my closest friends and I are on farting terms, too.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    ruffles wrote: »
    I'm early middle aged, so farts just pop out now, if it happens in front of chap, I say excuse me :o

I had to laugh at this.

I was in Sainsbury's one Saturday and I was in the breakfast cereals aisle, and behind an old lady, every step she took a fart popped out, I followed her to the freezers, which was a fair distance, and she was almost playing a tune.

It made my day.

She ddin't report me for stalking, before anyone asks.
  • Options
    BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Wasn't there a french farter called 'La Petomane' to could fart to music and as such performed on the stage. Musical flatulist?

Fortunately pre You Tube.

Thank heavens.
  • Options
    kareena46kareena46 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    For some reason, as I get older, I have developed a phobia about farting in front of the other half, even going to the toilet is awful, I have to wait till he leaves the house. I have been known to make excuses to go buy a paper so I can use the public loos.
    Do I need help??
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    kareena46 wrote: »
    For some reason, as I get older, I have developed a phobia about farting in front of the other half, even going to the toilet is awful, I have to wait till he leaves the house. I have been known to make excuses to go buy a paper so I can use the public loos.
    Do I need help??
    I have a map.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where ever you may be
    Let your wind go free
    In church or chapel
    Let the bugger rattle
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,552
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    Sounds like a Friday Fartfest is due.

So that's what #ff means on Twitter .... :D
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a friend who, newly married, would actually lean to one side if she was sitting, lift up one buttock, and fart loudly. Funnily enough she wasn't married for long, although I cannot swear this was the reason for the divorce
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ruffles wrote: »

Who is chap? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you've lived with someone for nearly 2 decades hiding your farts is a distant memory.

Are you saying you wouldn't even try to hold it in, even if you thought it was going to be a particularly smelly one?
  • Options
    deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: This forum is almost as obsessed with piss, shit, and farting as it is with benefits, Christianity and Muslims.

Must remember to switch my bookmark to the Digital Spy TV & Entertainment sections...

For such an intellectual snob, you don't have come across as full of wind and pish.