Stars in Their Eyes to make a comeback?

2»

Comments

• leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love stars for their eyes but you know it will be celebrities, ITV dont do stuff with normal people, they think we just want to see celebrities on everything they make.
    Exactly itv have proven that when they brought back family fortunes and mr and mrs. ITV should explain why they havent got time for ordinary members of the public when making these shows
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    Exactly itv have proven that when they brought back family fortunes and mr and mrs. ITV should explain why they havent got time for ordinary members of the public when making these shows

I think the boneheads who decide these things think we are as obsessed with celebrities as they are..
  • sheltsshelts Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Too many 'celebrities' not enough work, it seems that anyone who has appeared on TV once is a 'celebrity', that we should all know, can't remember how many times I've asked who? and why?
  • leslie123leslie123 Posts: 2,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they did bring it back, no doubt the first thing they would do is a Corrie special or soap special.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    About time too. It's perfect Saturday night entertainment.
    Not for me. There's too much bad singing on TV as it is.
  • jw2011jw2011 Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can bet that Keith Lemon would host, it would air over 20 weekends of the year, there would be judges... it would just be a nightmare!!
  • annielouannielou Posts: 10,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The makeovers were good but some of the actual staging was a bit shit.

That said, I'll never get over a particular "Dusty Springfield" who came through the doors as a dead ringer for Myra Hindley. Terrifying!

I remember one when they dressed someone up as Axel Rose in a long ginger wig and a kilt. The poor guy looked mortified.
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jw2011 wrote: »
    You can bet that Keith Lemon would host, it would air over 20 weekends of the year, there would be judges... it would just be a nightmare!!

Towards the end, it was airing over more than 20 weekends of the year, with the kids version following on and celebrity specials.

Plus the show used to have judges for the finals with Lesley Crowther as host. Sally Whittaker was a judge.

Plus I don't think Keith could be much worse than the dumbed down versions with Cat Deely.
  • Mrs MillsMrs Mills Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The appeal of Matthew Kelly was that although he told 'jokes' he actually took the show very seriously. Harry Hill could only host it in a silly fashion and can't see that working.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has nobody got any new ideas in 2014? :confused:

Same old regurgitated rubbish is seldom successful and can't see this offering being any better than any other tedious revivals.

Yawn. :(
  • mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Love it
    When the singing is good I appreciate it
    When the singing is bad,its great comedy
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The itv revival machine is bringing back shows that served them well. But one gripe that i have is that some of the shows mentioned are purely celeb mr and mrs and family fortunes to name two. Harry hill isnt the man to front stars in their eyes. Paddy mcguinness would be a good host

I would have liked itv to bring back

winner takes all
    price is right
    wheel of fortune
    blind date
    take your pick
    the people versus

"Harry Hill's 3-2-1" would be good.

So this is what you selected tonight, "You'll need this to drop the kids off at the pool, and don't forget that the Azaleas need dusting to avoid cross-border contamination"

"Drop the kids of at the pool, could that be the car?"
    "Dust the Azaleas, is that some kind of reference to Dusty Bin?"
    "Cross-border, maybe a holiday in Mexico?"

"Non of those, you've won this complete toilet and brush set in solid faux mahogany!!!"
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe ITV could combine shows, I think there's mileage in "Bullseye" crossed with "Blind Date"
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    annielou wrote: »
    I remember one when they dressed someone up as Axel Rose in a long ginger wig and a kilt. The poor guy looked mortified.

I tried youtubing that.
    No joy.:cry:

If you love Axl though, give this one a try. Amazing! :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkVqmGZTi8c
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it returns it needs to be with ordinary members of the public and not celebrities. I think Harry would do a good job and I would imagine the production values will be a lot better too. It doesn't have to be "turned into a comedy" but by the same token it shouldn't take itself too seriously either, it should be a fun show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »
    Plus I don't think Keith could be much worse than the dumbed down versions with Cat Deely.

Nothing is worse than Keith Lemon/Leigh Franics, not even Cat Deely. Although I did find her era of the show totally unwatchable after being used to proper presenters like Leslie and Matthew. It was like watching the work experience kid at play when Cat Deely was on.
  • DC1983DC1983 Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Stars In Their Eyes and I do miss it. I would love it if it was brought back, but as said in above posts, it would probably be with stupid celebrities and that is something I do not want to see (the celebrity specials they did were always dreadful). Nor do I think Harry Hill would be a great presenter for the show. At the moment, I am not sure there is anybody capable of presenting the show (nobody who could be as good as Matthew Kelley was).
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bill Bailey has been announced as the host of the Name That Tune reboot.