Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet Sean is having time off before the Commonwealth Games, as he will most likely be based in Glasgow for the games
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp312 wrote: »
    Itv are still clearly unsure of what format works best. Today with susannah and Ben being main presenters, (albeit presenting pitside) with Kate relegated to just newsreading duties rather than presenting any parts of the show, it seems that maybe the powers that be realise there are simply too many presenters. It's also interesting that with Sean being off, presumably on holiday, there is noone actually covering him, instead ben just doing the sports bits. If they can do this with Sean on holiday, why bother having a sports reporter on the first place?

Whatever format works best it is not one with four presenters, it just confuses the viewer. Then another day there are three, then two.The BBC format works fine with the sports presenter joining the sofa when there is something to report (or being out on an OB somewhere at a relevant location).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Whatever format works best it is not one with four presenters, it just confuses the viewer. Then another day there are three, then two.The BBC format works fine with the sports presenter joining the sofa when there is something to report (or being out on an OB somewhere at a relevant location).

I agree that they should do this with Sean it worked well when he went to Brazil and Wimbledon
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Why does Kate get left stuck in the studio? Charlotte was out with Ben & Susannah yesterday so why not Kate?
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Why does Kate get left stuck in the studio? Charlotte was out with Ben & Susannah yesterday so why not Kate?

Probably because Kate is the stand in presenter not a main one.
  • AnnieBakerAnnieBaker Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »

Kate did a super job with the news today. She can do serious news reporting and the "silly" presenting side - I've never been one of her bigger fans but she is leagues above certain other presenters.

Then Ben tried to do the sports report, only to be interrupted by Susanna mid-way through a sentence: "OOO look they got 13 GOALS! Lol that is so funny!!" ... something along those lines.

I don't understand why anyone thinks she should be on breakfast TV. Absolutely awful.
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »

Oh yeah, Ranvir on tomorrow instead of Susannah so guessing she'll be doing the news tomorrow.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    Good point this should be the format all year round but obviously in the studio.

personally I would have

Week 1
    Mon - Wed Ben and Susanna
    Thurs John and Kate
    Fri John and Ranvir

Week 2

Mon-tues Ben and Susanna
    Wed John and Kate
    Thur John and Kate
    Fri John and Ranvir

Also I would have Charlotte as newsreader everyday. Charlotte would also be stand in host.

I would either axe Sean or use him as Sports Reporter everyday.

I would also have Roland the Rat as entertainment presenter

Having a newsreader and sports reporter was exactly what original Daybreak did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SR, really has got chunky horrible legs, don't see why anyone finds them nice, Charlotte on the other hand...

http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/489211/Susanna-Reid-and-Charlotte-Hawkins-show-off-gorgeous-figures-on-good-morning-britain
  • tony-wtony-w Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Skimpy summer frocks...Sigh.
    Lets not address the real issues regarding GMB's failings, lets concentrate on what Susanna & Charlotte are wearing :( Utterly pathetic in my humble opinion.

The Daily Mail (and other Newspapers) seem to be reporting on the clothes for the sole reason of selling said frock via a link on their website, obviously getting a percentage.

It really is journalism for profit these days, not journalism for truth.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Since when was the Daily Mail ever journalism for truth?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ranvir's doing the national news tonight at 6.30.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony-w wrote: »
    Skimpy summer frocks...Sigh.
    Lets not address the real issues regarding GMB's failings, lets concentrate on what Susanna & Charlotte are wearing :( Utterly pathetic in my humble opinion.

The Daily Mail (and other Newspapers) seem to be reporting on the clothes for the sole reason of selling said frock via a link on their website, obviously getting a percentage.

It really is journalism for profit these days, not journalism for truth.

The Daily Mail hardly represents all journalism. The Independent, The Guardian, the i, Channel 4 News, The Spectator etc. all do great work in the name of journalism for truth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Daybreak mk 1 did have a dedicated sports reporter, a position which was soon scrapped when they relaunched in 2010. I think the problem is that they have never really been that much into sports coverage, (nor really news at the moment), they tried it then and decided it wasn't worth having a dedicated reporter. Now with Sean, he doesn't seem to have a dedicated regular slot, it's all a bit hit and miss, and often he is just sat there doing tedious links to some entertainment story. Either give him a regular timeslot, like sky and the bbc do, or just get rid and have sports reporters from the national newspapers which In my opinion always worked well on gmtv and daybreak mk 2.

On the subject of news, I could of sworn that when itv relaunched this show, they promised a more news orientated format. So what do we get at 745? What to wear in the hot weather?!! Isn't that what Lorraine's show is for? Get a grip gmb
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Relaunched in 2012 rather
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Since when was the Daily Mail ever journalism for truth?

Excuse me sir, Did I EVER state the Daily Mail was journalism for truth? - NO!
    I was making a generalisation.
    May I inquire as to why you seem to be singling me out as a new member?
    Is this indicative of the treatment I can expect on DigitalSpy for expressing an opinion?
    Quoted out of context, belittled and made to feel inferior to the mighty 'members' with significant post counts.

So much for debate....
    Forum Member
    Citadel wrote: »
    The Daily Mail hardly represents all journalism. The Independent, The Guardian, the i, Channel 4 News, The Spectator etc. all do great work in the name of journalism for truth.

Thank you for taking the time to craft an intelligent response, I agree.
    However, I never stated the DM represents all journalism, I was of course making a generalizstion which now appears to be totally taken out of context!
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »

Why are ITV news not reporting the plane crash?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are ITV news not reporting the plane crash?

News starts at 6.30
    Forum Member
    stv viewer wrote: »
    News starts at 6.30

Mark Austin's coming up bit on the regional news didn't mention it but they're reporting it now.
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »

And boy has she got a story to report tonight! :o
  • JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark Austin's coming up bit on the regional news didn't mention it but they're reporting it now.

Probably because it's prerecorded, and didn't want to put it in, just in case something changes between then and when they go live at 6.30.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And boy has she got a story to report tonight! :o

She's a very good newsreader. I bet Matt Barbet's kicking himself for going back to Five News although he might not have had a choice.
  • Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben is on weekend with aled jones on sunday at 8.30am don't miss it