Options

Just found out that Winston and Mark have been evicted - WHAT???????????????????????

Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
Forum Member
Been away for the past fortnight and returned to find out that Mark and Winston have been evicted!!!! :o I thought these two would be 1st and 2nd places in the final (Thought Winston would win)!

Was it a normal eviction? Was there a twist? What did Winston do to get evicted?

Fill me in please because I can't be bothered to watch 2 weeks worth of highlights shows online.

Comments

• Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Mark has been awful the past couple of weeks, and it became clear to everyone how false he is.

Winston was evicted because he was a dullard and there was a campaign on social media to get him out.

It was a standard eviction night, no twist.
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some blame 'the curse of Helen', but most were just tired of their behavior.
  • Options
    What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP - Watch Thursday's show and you will get the picture.
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »
    Been away for the past fortnight and returned to find out that Mark and Winston have been evicted!!!! :o I thought these two would be 1st and 2nd places in the final (Thought Winston would win)!

Was it a normal eviction? Was there a twist? What did Winston do to get evicted?

Fill me in please because I can't be bothered to watch 2 weeks worth of highlights shows online.

A whole mixture of twists, goalposts being moved, ex HMs having stupid vendettas via Twitter........ditto on BBOTS........backlash for revenge, dislike of the cool gang thinking they were invincible, interference from ex HMs allowed to give opinions, ditto BBOTS audience people doing the same........the HMs having chosen their nominations for eviction and BB throwing in the bombshell that another HM is to be in the mix (Chris had been missed out in nominations) I am sure if Chris had been one of the original four, this twist would not have been used.........in general, a real hotch-potch of serial interference this year by BB, in order that the HMs........and fans........were confused.....
  • Options
    Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    OP - Watch Thursday's show and you will get the picture.

Thanks!:)
  • Options
    EssentialParadoEssentialParado Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Winston was clearly the favorite to win by general consensus. Watch the eviction night and you'll be even more confused... boos for Chris, boos for Pav, middling reaction to
    Christopher, but overwhelming cheers for Winston. Then to everyone's surprise his name is read out.

I happened due to an organized internet campaign by predominately Ashleigh, but also Chris, and Christopher fans. Who, instead of letting the public vote properly to evict who they wanted, worked hard to vote relentlessly at Winston, not because he's done anything wrong, but because he was competition to them.

It's ridiculous, weird, unjust, but it happened. It'll keep happening from now on because 10% of the voters can gain 90% of the votes. (Imagine if the real elections let people vote multiple times??)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    British public got it right in my opinion, don't understand all the hostility that Pav is getting
  • Options
    DangermooseDangermoose Posts: 67,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    instead of letting the public vote properly to evict who they wanted, worked hard to vote relentlessly at Winston, not because he's done anything wrong, but because he was competition to them.

Isn't that the whole point? To save your faves you vote to evict the next likely option?
    There was nothing not proper about the vote.
    He might not have done anything wrong in the opinions of those who liked him but there were plenty who didn't, with perfectly valid reasons. Winston was not any better or above anyone else in there
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winston was clearly the favorite to win by general consensus. Watch the eviction night and you'll be even more confused... boos for Chris, boos for Pav, middling reaction to
    Christopher, but overwhelming cheers for Winston. Then to everyone's surprise his name is read out.

I happened due to an organized internet campaign by predominately Ashleigh, but also Chris, and Christopher fans. Who, instead of letting the public vote properly to evict who they wanted, worked hard to vote relentlessly at Winston, not because he's done anything wrong, but because he was competition to them.

It's ridiculous, weird, unjust, but it happened. It'll keep happening from now on because 10% of the voters can gain 90% of the votes. (Imagine if the real elections let people vote multiple times??)

this has been tried before though and failed (Sam last year for example). Therefore I'm not so sure it has that much to do with tactical voting. I think people were just fed up of Winston.

Also when you say "general consensus" that Winston would win, I for one didn't think he would win. He didn't have nearly as much support as Ashleigh, Christopher or Chris so he would have struggled to even get to the top two. Only way Winston was ever going to win was if he somehow managed to get to the top 2 and people voted for him to win because they hated the other one so much. Given that at least one of Ashleigh and Christopher are going to be in that top two, they aren't hated enough to make people vote against them imho. As such Winston had very little chance of winning.

And even if the fans of the other HMs did vote to get Winston out to save their fave - its not cheating as some have said. You vote for who you want to evict. The choices yesterday re the second evictee as no one really had much "hate" going for them except Mark who was always going to be out first. I reckon it was very close between Pav, Chris and Winston for that 2nd spot.
  • Options
    tfftff Posts: 307
    Forum Member

This isn't a democracy; it's a game show!
    Have some fun:D
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    British public got it right in my opinion, don't understand all the hostility that Pav is getting

He is dull and boring - nice guy but not generating much interest. However, the same could be said for Winston imho, and added to that he also had a bit of a nasty streak. Therefore that is why he edged Pav in an eviction vote. Dull and not that nice. Pav is dull but quite nice. ;-)
  • Options
    HonestLeeHonestLee Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh haven't you been watching?

Well basically Winston was thick as s*** and Mark was a stunted 4 year old

It's ok tho they're gone now:p
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Christopher, but overwhelming cheers for Winston.
    Then to everyone's surprise his name is read out.

Really!! Since when?:confused:

The crowd reaction mean sod all. Winston's eviction proved that.
  • Options
    theidtheid Posts: 6,060
    Forum Member
    Had it escaped your notice that a very peed-off audience are picking off Helen's gang at every opportunity? As one of the panellists noted last night on BBBOTS Helen should have gone weeks ago and we might then have had a very different BB and a very different result. I'm just waiting to see which of the remaining HMs realises this. "Winston's got the power" indeed. They really have lost the plot in there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB - Other housemates are also available. If you care to vote or campaign on behalf of "Who Do You Think You're Talking To?" or her henchman you are free to do so.

The idea that a tactical vote to evict is not voting "properly" is silly.
  • Options
    dinbindinbin Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »

Yayyyyyyyy.

Pav or XMAS 2 win, that's all u need to know and follow
  • Options
    Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Obvious to me...the public are picking off Helens cronies ...I'm not saying it's right but if they can't take her they will take her friends.....Pav would have been next but Helen is up now so it will almost certainly be her out first then Ash followed by Pav.
  • Options
    BabelBrookBabelBrook Posts: 12,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janette800 wrote: »
    Obvious to me...the public are picking off Helens cronies ...I'm not saying it's right but if they can't take her they will take her friends.....Pav would have been next but Helen is up now so it will almost certainly be her out first then Ash followed by Pav.

On a vote to evict possibly. On a vote to save as it now is i think it impossible to judge the level of support those three have or to what degree other tactical voting may play a part.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't think that is the case .... maybe to a lesser degree but her cronies leave a lot to be desired in their own right. None of them have bore any likeability. All a bunch of nasty little juveniles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BabelBrook wrote: »
    On a vote to evict possibly. On a vote to save as it now is i think it impossible to judge the level of support those three have or to what degree other tactical voting may play a part.

You could be right but I hope not :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think that is the case .... maybe to a lesser degree but her cronies leave a lot to be desired in their own right. None of them have bore any likeability. All a bunch of nasty little juveniles.

I think the majority will either vote Helen out first if it is vote to evict and if it's a vote to save I don't think she will have enough public support....either way she's out first IMO. :)
  • Options
    CharoCharo Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    View of an Australian forum member re last night eviction:

...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

...how magnificent is that?... the British public has stuck it right up BBUK's buttonhole with Winston's eviction!... those brilliant and wonderful people that struck up the 'getwinstonout' campaign to completely screw up BBUK's dream ending of Helen and Winston in the final!... well done!...

...BBUK... YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY ON NOTICE!... DON'T TELL THE PUBLIC WHO YOU DECIDE GOES FROM NOW ON!... those days are now over!... it's a shame that they have left it to the last week to do it though... I think that if BBUK is running again next year that they will lose the strict control upon the evictions and the decision of who goes next year now that the voting public have realised that a concerted campaign can force a housemate out regardless of what BBUK want!... that was true 'people power' right there!... by using Facebook and Twitter for good and not evil does have it's rewards in the end!...

...I am so proud of what those people did... the look on Winston's face when it was his name called out was heaven on a stick for me... the fact that Helen and Ash are in the minority now and that the 'cool gang' have been slowly picked off to just those two is pure heavenly bliss!...

...I am SOOOOOOOO happy!... the fact that I squealed like a little girly man when I found out meant nothing because I was the only one there at the time... (how embarrassing)...

...'it's a fake eviction... it's a fake eviction!'...no Helen... no Ash... it is soooooo real!... what I'd love to see now is Ash to go... imagine how Helen would feel?... 'my minions!... my minions!... my kingdom for my minions!!!!'... I can hear it now!...

...for once I was happy with Emma in the way that she interviewed Mark... she was quite merciless... it was beautiful to watch that little turd squirm while being held accountable for his actions and in-actions collectively... well done Emma... I'm almost liking you again my dear!...

...she was a little less harder on Winston but I can live with that... he's not a vicious little turd like Mark so I'll forgive Emma for that indiscretion...

...Winterbourne... I'd like to really thank you for posting up all of those videos... it's really helped me savoir this beautiful moment... thanks very much!...

...what a beautiful day indeed!... now to watch BOTS!... cheers.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mr Stickyfingers, Today at 5:27 PM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the majority will either vote Helen out first if it is vote to evict and if it's a vote to save I don't think she will have enough public support....either way she's out first IMO. :)

Definitely agree with that :D
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DELIGHTED with the result.

Wasn't expecting Winston to go but glad he did; he was a misogynistic dullard.

And Mark - what a deliciously uncomfortable interview. It was a joy to see him squirm - thoroughly deserved.
  • Options
    SilkieSilkie Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    Addisonian wrote: »
    DELIGHTED with the result.

Wasn't expecting Winston to go but glad he did; he was a misogynistic dullard.

And Mark - what a deliciously uncomfortable interview. It was a joy to see him squirm - thoroughly deserved.

I completely agree! Well said ! :)