Options

Is Dannii the new "nasty" judge?

Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
Forum Member
✭✭
We all know that Cowell has sold out and will say whatever he needs to try and plug who he thinks is gonna be the next marketable thing. He praised for Belle Amie for crying out loud. His reputation as the nasty judge that everyone wants to please is dead.

But Dannii seems to be the only judge now telling the truth and giving actual feedback instead of saying "YOU SEEM REALLY EXCITED TO BE HERE GOOD FOR YOU :)". Most of her comments are now booed by the audience (who should really be gassed and burned) and she doesn't shy away from giving a genuine opinion even if it's harsh.

Is Dannii the new Simon? Will the contestants ever actually care what she has to say? Or does she just need to lighten up?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Honest judge.

She always tries to be constructive.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Yes - and long may it continue.
  • Options
    mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If nasty is being honest and cool then yes!
  • Options
    cloudycloudy Posts: 3,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say Dannii is the truth judge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dannii is honest....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    shes the only one with honesty!!

i was desperate for a judge to say katie looked stupid...danni did.
    that belleami were rubbish singing...dannii did.

she gives criticism when deserved instead of scrambling up backsides, good on her.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    This is why she's my favourite judge.
  • Options
    flakecakeflakecake Posts: 1,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danni is the best judge by far.
    Simon has lost it. Cheryl never had it in the first place and never will, and Louis, although I like him, would praise up Mr Blobby or the Teletubbies if they were there.
    Danni is the only one who has anything to say worth listening to.
  • Options
    Ash's ManAsh's Man Posts: 7,165
    Forum Member
    No Simon is still the nastiest judge, total prat, Dannii is the most honest as everyone else has stated.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danni is the best judge this year
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dannii is the only judge to try and say something constructive; the rest just mumble on about 'best performance of the series' 'world class' etc etc
  • Options
    KipsKips Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    Totally agree - she's the only judge whose opinions I respect, they always seem well thought through and balanced. When she first joined X Factor I wasn't too keen on her but she really has grown on me with her honest critiques.

She's better qualified to judge than Cheryl - she is more talented vocally than Cheryl (check YouTube - Danni's voice is better than her sister's in my opinion) and has infinitely more class.

More to the point, Danni doesn't seem to kow tow to Simon in the same simpering way that Cheryl does. All in all, Danni's too good for X Factor so maybe it'd be better for her credibility if she did leave.
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    Dannii is the best judge by far. Cheryl unfortunately this year especially as she follows Dannii with her comments often tries to contradict her, which as well as the whole Cher thing has put me right off her this year.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was on the mark tonight. I think she made some good points about Belle Amie and particularly Treyc.

But not consistently enough across the series. The show still needs Cowell to get back on form. Even when he's talking crap he still commands a certain amount of authority because of who he is and the power he has. When he's pi*sing around it messes things up. And he really has been talking some cr*p this series.

Although to be fair, there's nothing wrong with him praising his own acts. Dannii refused to have anything at all said against Matt - yet even he agreed with Cowell. But that's just the role of the mentors - they never criticise their own.

My problem was more that he praised Mary who was dire - bring back the cruise ship analogies! He didn't really stick the boot into Aidan like he once would have either. In fact, on Xtra Factor he distanced himself from any real criticism of the performance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nasty? No. She's never vindictive or needlessly b*tchy. She is honest, truthful, and actually comments on the vocals.

That's precisely why she's my favourite judge and the best judge by far this year.
  • Options
    tiddlebootiddleboo Posts: 1,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always calls it as she sees it. If that is nasty then so be it x
  • Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Dannii is the honest & best judge this year
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    dannii is the best judge and is spot on with comments
  • Options
    027huds027huds Posts: 12,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dannii is always honest in her feedback. Best judge by far :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh God the old Simon has died, what a complete joke he is now:( I don't think she's as good as Simon was (she is a bit too nice) however she's good enough, considering the other judges, and brings some sanity to the show.
  • Options
    XandieXandie Posts: 427
    Forum Member
    I loved her "Kath & Kim" quip for Wagner - 'Noice, unusual, different', when she didn't know how to respond..made me literally lol!
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dannii is honest....

Yeah, right.

Shes being tactical tryiing to take out the opposiition. If she can plant the seeds of doubt in peoples minds her acts stand a better chance.

Shes playing a game.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like that she gives her honest opinion and isn't afraid of any backlash *cough other judges cough*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,345
    Forum Member
    i don't think she takes constructive criticism of her acts well at all and don't think having a dig at TreyC when commenting on her own act was wise BUT i agreed with a lot of what she said tonight. Most of her comments on the other acts were spot on.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has always been fair and honest and if the mob are booing her then you can tell she is doing a good job.