will turn up on the show
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    You have to wonder how many more members of the
    Justice League
    will turn up on the show
    It's weird that Brandon Routh is not playing Superman. I thought they would have cast him in that part. Maybe he was sick of playing him as it didn't exactly work out the first time.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's weird that Brandon Routh is not playing Superman. I thought they would have cast him in that part. Maybe he was sick of playing him as it didn't exactly work out the first time.

I thought that was a good film actually
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I thought that was a good film actually

I certainly enjoyed it. But I think bringing Superman in would be too much of a "Nuclear" option.

But I am not sure, wasn't Gotham mentioned once? I think it was, "do you think you could yell a bit louder, I don't think they heard you in Gotham," or something like that.
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I can't remember Gotham being mentioned but I do remember Bludhaven being mentioned before which links to the rumours about Nightwing turning up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main villain for Season 3 has been announced :
    Ra's al Ghul will be introduced by his daughter Nyssa. The part has not been cast yet but the character will appear early on in the season.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main villain for Season 3 has been announced :
    Ra's al Ghul will be introduced by his daughter Nyssa. The part has not been cast yet but the character will appear early on in the season.

Just seen this - that's a big one and very exciting.
    I wonder what the rights situation is though, considering the character has already been in the Dark Knight movies portrayed by Liam Neeson ??

On "Hannibal", they've often mentioned that they don't own all the rights to the characters from Thomas Harris' works, so they can't use Clarice, but they sought, and received (after payment..), rights to use the character of Mason Verger.

Wonder if similar applies here and they've had to get the rights to Ra's as a seperate deal ??.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the rights situation is though, considering the character has already been in the Dark Knight movies portrayed by Liam Neeson ??

On "Hannibal", they've often mentioned that they don't own all the rights to the characters from Thomas Harris' works, so they can't use Clarice, but they sought, and received (after payment..), rights to use the character of Mason Verger.

Wonder if similar applies here and they've had to get the rights to Ra's as a seperate deal ??.
    Probably although Liam Neeson is rumoured to be returning to the Batman franchise as Ra. I wonder if he would consider appearing on Arrow. Clarice is meant to be making an appearance on Hannibal also.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably although Liam Neeson is rumoured to be returning to the Batman franchise as Ra. I wonder if he would consider appearing on Arrow. Clarice is meant to be making an appearance on Hannibal also.
    I can't imagine Neeson would commit to a show like Arrow, as he'd need to be available for multiple episodes. For an A-Lister such as he is, he'd probably only commit to television for something "quality" on something like HBO.

Also, there's plenty of scope for Ra's involvement to extend beyond Season 3 as well, so I think that would rule out Neeson once and for all - which is a shame because I thought he was actually quite a decent choice for the role.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't imagine Neeson would commit to a show like Arrow, as he'd need to be available for multiple episodes. For an A-Lister such as he is, he'd probably only commit to television for something "quality" on something like HBO.

Also, there's plenty of scope for Ra's involvement to extend beyond Season 3 as well, so I think that would rule out Neeson once and for all - which is a shame because I thought he was actually quite a decent choice for the role.
    They should cast that big guy from True Blood now that it's finished. The one who plays the wolf.
  • hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That might be the case over there but this isnt the case with the CW as it is owned by WB with CBS. WB seem to own all the rights to the DC Characters (which is why they are in a better position then marvel so to speak) so they already have the rights to Ra's.
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is supposed to be a discussion thread not a spoiler thread. How can it be a discussion thread when posts are redacted by spoiler tags? There is no longer anything to discuss.
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't see the point of using spoiler tags for the casting news which is already on the DS main page and also all over the Internet so its very unlikely that a person has not seen the news already!
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    I honestly don't see the point of using spoiler tags for the casting news which is already on the DS main page and also all over the Internet so its very unlikely that a person has not seen the news already!
    I don't read the DS main page, and nor do I follow casting news generally. Just because you know doesn't mean everyone knows.
    There is no longer anything to discuss.
    Lack of discussion is surely because the show isn't currently being broadcast, not because of spoiler tags.
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »

In these instances fine. But casting news CAN be a spoiler, especially if the person is currently in another show. It automatically flags them as either dying/leaving in the show. This has happened multiple times for me following Teen Wolf now thanks to digital spy. I thought about just bookmarking the forum and skipping the front page entirely.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,669
    Forum Member
    Yes. Person Of Interest got spoiled in the same way :(
    Forum Member
    It must be very difficult to avoid casting news as all film and tv websites include DS cover them!

People define spoilers in different ways as to me spoilers is more concerning upcoming storylines and events that happen in a show rather than new cast members!

Some of the new characters being cast have been shown in an offical trailer for Arrow season 3 though so even the networks don't consider them to be spoilers!
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    In these instances fine. But casting news CAN be a spoiler, especially if the person is currently in another show. It automatically flags them as either dying/leaving in the show. This has happened multiple times for me following Teen Wolf now thanks to digital spy. I thought about just bookmarking the forum and skipping the front page entirely.

I never go via the front page. I just bookmark the subscriptions page and do all my navigating from there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How f'n cool would this be ?
    Liam Neeson has said that he would like to reprise his Batman Begins character Ra's al Ghul in The CW series Arrow.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s206/arrow/news/a593589/liam-neeson-im-willing-to-play-ras-al-ghul-in-dcs-arrow.html#~oOzC9iCNNsj2i6
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty big casting news, so i'll spoiler it just in case
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Flash starts on Tuesday 28th October at 8pm on Sky One so I presume Arrow will start that week as well.

Just checked on Geektown and season 3 starts on 30th October at 8pm.
    Forum Member
    Pity that Sky Couldnt use some common sense and put them together on the same night!