Four in a Bed :: New Series (Part 2)

Comments

• ValentineValentine Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the week with the appalling Katie from Happy Donkey Hill this afternoon :eek:

Is there a link with the comments about her at the time it was shown? Have searched the forums but without success. Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    Watched the week with the appalling Katie from Happy Donkey Hill this afternoon :eek:

Is there a link with the comments about her at the time it was shown? Have searched the forums but without success. Thanks.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1391255&highlight=happy+donkey+hill

Here you are! (Starts at post 8).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/four-in-a-bed/episode-guide/series-1/episode-2

Here are more comments about Happy Donkey Hill from the Channel 4 website.
  • Brain DonorBrain Donor Posts: 1,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a f-book* group she's quite vocal on [*edit to add: DS censored the fb word and removed the link so you'll have to search for it]. Scroll down the comments by other users.
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/four-in-a-bed/episode-guide/series-1/episode-2

Here are more comments about Happy Donkey Hill from the Channel 4 website.
    There's a f-book* group she's quite vocal on [*edit to add: DS censored the fb word and removed the link so you'll have to search for it]. Scroll down the comments by other users.

Looks like the only thing this unpleasant woman spends her time doing.

What struck me was not just her obvious nastiness but the continuous ever present spiteful sneer on her face. How she found a man, let alone one who married her - out of all the women on the Earth! - is truly beyond me.

Such a shame as it, on first sight, seemed such a lovely place - beautiful setting and with the donkies too. But who would go there now if they had seen this? I do hope those animals don't suffer as a result though, with any decrease in donations.

Will go and have a read, thanks everyone.:)
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got back from a wonderful stay at G! Boutique :)

Met Ellie and Jason and their team. What a lovely hotel. We were upgraded to the Giddy Room which had a jacuzzi in it and on arrival, we were given coffee and cake!!!

Got up to our room and there was a birthday card, chocolates and wine (it was my friends birthday)!!

If you ever get a chance to go to that part of the world, you MUST go to G! :)
  • kirstiemcnabbkirstiemcnabb Posts: 457
    Forum Member

Met Ellie and Jason and their team. What a lovely hotel. We were upgraded to the Giddy Room which had a jacuzzi in it and on arrival, we were given coffee and cake!!!

Got up to our room and there was a birthday card, chocolates and wine (it was my friends birthday)!!

I live in Portsmouth
    So would not stay there myself
    Did go and have a look around after watching show
    Said I would introduce some of my clients staying there, so had a tour, I might too
    Very stylish or Gorgeous!
    One of the best luxury b&b I know in that area
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in Portsmouth
    So would not stay there myself
    Did go and have a look around after watching show
    Said I would introduce some of my clients staying there, so had a tour, I might too
    Very stylish or Gorgeous!
    One of the best luxury b&b I know in that area

Its a real gem kirstie :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So glad you and your friend had a great stay at G! Boutique Birthday Girl and it lived up to expectations, which we knew it would. :)
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,603
    Forum Member

Ooh sounds fab, so jealous! Glad you had a lovely time. :)
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Glad you had a good time BG!
  • marianna01marianna01 Posts: 2,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks BirthdayGirl - it's great to have a review from someone apart from the actual programme.

We will definitely consider G! for a future visit to the area.

I am going to really miss 4IAB and CDWM over the next weeks at 5pm weekdays after DEAL. :(
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's good to know that G! lives up to the image we saw on FIAB. Did you get any good gossip or visit Sea-La-Vie? :D;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    It's good to know that G! lives up to the image we saw on FIAB. Did you get any good gossip or visit Sea-La-Vie? :D;)

Got some background info on the filming....met the lovely Kaye who was the chef at breakfast who had to deal with the pancake saga.....she said she was extremely nervous with all the cameras around and didnt want to let Ellie and Jason down.

Apparently Eileen from Sea La Vie often pops in and calls round to the hotel.....unfortunately we didnt have time to go and see her hotel....

Would definitely say, in the many hotels/B&B's I've stayed in, the attention to the detail, the actual hotel, staff and food at G was one of the best hotels I've visited...
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got some background info on the filming....met the lovely Kaye who was the chef at breakfast who had to deal with the pancake saga.....she said she was extremely nervous with all the cameras around and didnt want to let Ellie and Jason down.

Apparently Eileen from Sea La Vie often pops in and calls round to the hotel.....unfortunately we didnt have time to go and see her hotel....

Would definitely say, in the many hotels/B&B's I've stayed in, the attention to the detail, the actual hotel, staff and food at G was one of the best hotels I've visited...

Sea La Vie and G! are the top 2 hotels in their area!

You should review G!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Sea La Vie and G! are the top 2 hotels in their area!

You should review G![/QUOTE]

What a good idea!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have :)
  • davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    I can watch Four in a bed again on More 4. It's been a while.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have :)

Just had to have a peek at your review, it is lovely and a great response from Ellie and Jason. I like that you took a photo of the plaque. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had to have a peek at your review, it is lovely and a great response from Ellie and Jason. I like that you took a photo of the plaque. :)

I HAD to have a picture of that! Its pride of place in their hallway! Bless
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I HAD to have a picture of that! Its pride of place in their hallway! Bless

....and very well deserved too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member

Just wanted to say a big thank you to BirthdayGirl for the lovely comments and our wonderful review as well. Was so nice to meet you and your friend... Such lovely people and great to chat to a face from here too :)... Hopefully we shall see you again in the future :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luna1111 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say a big thank you to BirthdayGirl for the lovely comments and our wonderful review as well. Was so nice to meet you and your friend... Such lovely people and great to chat to a face from here too :)... Hopefully we shall see you again in the future :D

Hello again! :)

Oh I'll definitely be back. I might even bring my OH with me next time and show him the delights of G!

By the way, meant to say your sausages were really tasty! I forgot to mention when we were there :o:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hello again! :)

Oh I'll definitely be back. I might even bring my OH with me next time and show him the delights of G!

By the way, meant to say your sausages were really tasty! I forgot to mention when we were there :o:D

Oh you should.. We'd love to see you back..:)

I am so glad you enjoyed the sausages. That and enjoying G! makes you a lady with impeccable taste :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luna1111 wrote: »
    Oh you should.. We'd love to see you back..:)

I am so glad you enjoyed the sausages. That and enjoying G! makes you a lady with impeccable taste :D

Oh definitely :D:)
This discussion has been closed.