Options

Holly Willoughby on This Morning today.

eponineeponine Posts: 139
Forum Member
It was very disappointing to see Holly Willoughby getting so emotional during an inteview with psychologists discussing paedophilia relating to Ian Watkins. I understand it is an extremely dark and upsetting case but surely she should have conducted herself in a more professional manner and kept a lid on her feelings .If she can't handle difficult topics she should not be involved in the discussion. Holly is perpetuating the myth that women are unsuitable for heavy serious TV and only good for the light, fluffy stuff which is a shame as there are plenty of very capable female presenters out there.

Comments

• Options
    Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    eponine wrote: »
    It was very disappointing to see Holly Willoughby getting so emotional during an inteview with psychologists discussing paedophilia relating to Ian Watkins. I understand it is an extremely dark and upsetting case but surely she should have conducted herself in a more professional manner and kept a lid on her feelings .If she can't handle difficult topics she should not be involved in the discussion. Holly is perpetuating the myth that women are unsuitable for heavy serious TV and only good for the light, fluffy stuff which is a shame as there are plenty of very capable female presenters out there.

She's got great tits though! Phwoar!
  • Options
    Apollo CreedApollo Creed Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It probably had something to do with the conceivable notion that she knew Ian Watkins. Being bessie's with his ex Fearne Cotton surely means she shared his company on more than a few occasions.

Also she does have big tits as the poster above stated
  • Options
    Ellie666Ellie666 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big tits always get emotional at the slightest things - for someone who clearly has her brains in those jugs you'd think she'd be a bit smarter

-wondering how long before this post gets deleted?!-
  • Options
    Moody BlueMoody Blue Posts: 5,686
    Forum Member
    I got upset watching her get upset but do agree that, as usual, she was unprofessional. Ruth would not have broken down like that ;)
  • Options
    Janey BJaney B Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    She does seem to burst into tears at the drop of a hat. The subject was dark and despicable but she needs to be more professional. The camera kept showing her wiping her tears which I found annoying if I am being honest. I was waiting for Phil to start comforting her like he usually does by putting his fatherly arm around her shoulder.
  • Options
    gorsewaygirlgorsewaygirl Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    She's got great tits though! Phwoar!
    for someone who clearly has her brains in those jugs you'd think she'd be a bit smarter

I seriously wonder about some people :mad:

What was being discussed is one of the most heinous crimes possible - the raping of a baby. I have also been in tears reading about the foul acts that this man committed. To show these revolting crimes upset you by shedding a few tears on TV does not make you unprofessional, it makes you human.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    They had 2 choices, Big boobs and someone who gets column inches, Or a professional. They made the choice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Of course it is normal to feel upset when hearing horrible crimes but an interviewer should be able to control themselves. You'd never see Jeremy Paxman blubbing.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You wonder how big their tits are???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't dislike Holly but sometimes I think she is so immature for her age. Perhaps they should have let Ruth and her husband whatchamacallit do the interview? (Sorry I can't think of the fat Irish man's name)

Edit. Eammon Holmes
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member

Agree with you. She should not be a presenter if she cannot handle the hard stories that are talked about on there. Stick with Celebrity Juice Holly, that is about her level.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no Holly expert but maybe she could control herself if she had to. If the cameras kept cutting to her wiping her eyes it sounds as if she is doing exactly what they want her to do. Tears are really in these days so maybe she's being encouraged to show emotion to 'engage with the audience'. We are talking ITV here after all.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It probably had something to do with the conceivable notion that she knew Ian Watkins. Being bessie's with his ex Fearne Cotton surely means she shared his company on more than a few occasions.

Good shout this to be fair.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    OP, this is ITV and This morning we are talking about here. Her "shedding tears" is the kind of emotional guff they thrive on to bring reactions from their audience such as "Awwwwwwwwwww I love her, she is sooooooo caring. Give her a huggggggggg".
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member

What was being discussed is one of the most heinous crimes possible - the raping of a baby. I have also been in tears reading about the foul acts that this man committed. To show these revolting crimes upset you by shedding a few tears on TV does not make you unprofessional, it makes you human.

If this was in anyway true, we'd have people on tv blubbing every 5 ****ing minutes. That would be even worse than we have at the minute, with everyone currently blubbing over any little thing every 10 minutes.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it is normal to feel upset when hearing horrible crimes but an interviewer should be able to control themselves. You'd never see Jeremy Paxman blubbing.

There are times when even serious news reporters can get emotional, didn't you see Walter Cronkite on the various programmes at the weekend. He just kept it under control but only just. I think it has happened with others.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If she has a personal connection then she definitely shouldn't have been doing the interview. And it wouldn't surprise me if ITV asked her to cry for the cameras but it does her no favours as she just looks out of her depth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Walter Kronkite was breaking the news of JFK's death to the USA and he still didn't blub as much as Holly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I remember watching Michael Buerk's report on the famine in Ethiopia. How he reported from such a devastating scene was incredible, I think I would have broken down to be witness to such human suffering. It still upsets me to this very day and its been nearly 30 years since it happened.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    Big boobs and someone who gets column inches

Inserts smutty joke about Holly's tits adding inches to a column....:p
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she does need to put on a lid on it. If anyone else continually burst into tears at their place of work, it probably wouldn't be looked upon too kindly.

If she was uncomfortable due to the fact he once dated her mate Fearne Cotton, then perhaps she shouldn't have been involved in the discussion.

Otherwise it serves only to reinforce the stereotype of blonde dollybird presenters with their hormones flying all over the place.
  • Options
    potpourripotpourri Posts: 283
    Forum Member

I have a lot of respect for the people they were interviewing, who have to hear about this kind of thing on a daily basis. They know they can't get emotional about it as they wouldn't be able to do their job. What they do is so important. Same with people who view child abuse images to identify victims.

This was such a serious issue that needs to be talked about, factually. Not with a crying presenter, it was distracting.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a ridiculous twee bimbo, I'd expect nothing other than tears and giggles from her :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree with OP and this is a good point. I'd forgotten about the Fearne connection this morning. She really should have excused herself from this item completely.
  • Options
    BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You didn't watch Who Do You Think You Are, then?

Can't blame anyone for getting emotional when talking about this story...I've been in tears myself.

There was no need for the director to keep showing shots of Holly's face though.