Options

Andrei and Bonnie

GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
Forum Member
Nobody seems to be voting for poor Bonnie as she's not on a soap so the teenies don't know who she is. So I'm sticking up for her and Andrei who is a lovely partner for her after her original one popped his shoulder out again. She's a fantastic skater and I've always liked Andrei he's really good with her. She'll probably go next time but it's a shame as they will always put on a show - she'll never stop smiling no matter what. It's a shame that it turns into a popularity contest but that's the way it is. I suspect one of the top guys will win but I like Bonnie.

Comments

• Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her too. She's a real trouper - she's got my vote.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like Bonnie too and the fact that she's with my favourite pro is an advantage. I didn't vote yesterday but I will be voting for her next time!:)
  • Options
    KnowAll27KnowAll27 Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andrei seems to be the super-sub; didn't he partner Heidi when her original partner had to drop out due to injury a few series back?
  • Options
    fredsnailfredsnail Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love team Bondrei - they always seem very positive despite everything - they didn't make a big thing of their skate off performance only being the second time they did it with music (which just shows the professionalism of them both) and her skating has improved greatly since series 1 where she was a very late addition due to Sarah Greene breaking her wrist.

I love Andrei too - he was great with Claire and I'm so glad I've got tickets for the tour - hopefully they'll be on the tour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KnowAll27 wrote: »
    Andrei seems to be the super-sub; didn't he partner Heidi when her original partner had to drop out due to injury a few series back?

Yes he did - Andrei was a pro contestant in a couple of series and then joined the coaching team.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I lke Bonnie too - such a smiley person. I thought she and Mark were great together; such a pity about his shoulder. Andrei is a great skater and I hope they can last a few more weeks.
  • Options
    Daily DreamsDaily Dreams Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonnie is my favourite, alongside Suzanne and Zaraah :D
  • Options
    ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Bonnie too, but she's never really got the votes. Despite being great way back in S1 she still ended up in the skate-off twice, near the tail-end of the competition. The same happened with Zaraah in S3.

It's a real shame, and I'm hoping Bondrei (love this :D) do well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    I like Bonnie too. I really like Andrei as well - the tall, strong silent type.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    To be fair Bonnie got more votes than Jorgie, and could well fare better against some of the week 2 contestants. Hopefully she'll be given a chance to prove herself!

BTW, am I alone in thinking Andrei got less attention than Mark on yesterday's show? I almost expected them to be introduced as 'Bonnie and Some Random Replacement Male Skater'! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Andrei frequently gets overlooked - dont know why - he's a great skater and hot too!

It must be difficult for all of them to go back having done so well (in the main) and then not doing very well. I also think the girls have it easier in that they look graceful and have the lifts whereas the men have to skate and be the lifters.

I think Ray is my favourite.
  • Options
    essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Bonnie. I was worried she would go last night, so I'm pleased she stayed :)
  • Options
    pennybelpennybel Posts: 5,223
    Forum Member
    I am delighted that Andrei is back and skating with Bonnie who I think is a great skater and personality. A real professional in all she does. I voted for her last night hope she does not get votes because people think she isn't popular .That would ne a great shame
  • Options
    doctorwhofancaldoctorwhofancal Posts: 24,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for Bonnie yesterday. She was great
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite is Ray but may send Bonnie a vote too - I really like her :)
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leeli wrote: »
    I like Bonnie too. I really like Andrei as well - the tall, strong silent type.

I think he's only silent because he's not confident speaking English. I'm sure he said that when he was with Clare on one of the spin-off shows :)

A shame as his Russian accent is very sexy! :blush:
    Tejas wrote: »
    To be fair Bonnie got more votes than Jorgie, and could well fare better against some of the week 2 contestants. Hopefully she'll be given a chance to prove herself!

BTW, am I alone in thinking Andrei got less attention than Mark on yesterday's show? I almost expected them to be introduced as 'Bonnie and Some Random Replacement Male Skater'! :(

Yes, I was surprised they didn't show any of the training with Andrei. It was a shame about Mark but they could have shown some footage of Bonnie then training with Andrei - hopefully we'll get to see that next time :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    They are a great couple and I hope they go far. Andrei has always been a great pro skater on the show, but like so many of them, them just seem to get ignored a lot, I know it's all about the celebs but the pro skaters deserve more recognition I think
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Nobody seems to be voting for poor Bonnie as she's not on a soap so the teenies don't know who she is. So I'm sticking up for her and Andrei who is a lovely partner for her after her original one popped his shoulder out again. She's a fantastic skater and I've always liked Andrei he's really good with her. She'll probably go next time but it's a shame as they will always put on a show - she'll never stop smiling no matter what. It's a shame that it turns into a popularity contest but that's the way it is. I suspect one of the top guys will win but I like Bonnie.

Bonnie should be defended to some extent when the judges scores come back into play, if she continues to do well. There's a lot of weaker males, and maybe a couple of females. Her problem, hopefully, may be later when people like Gareth and Hayley are defended by big fanbases.

Not sure how the skate off will work out. Will she do the same routine again if she ever goes there again, and does she have another really good old routine? If she does, can she beat people who have their old 30/30 routines to use.

Andrei's really good. He's not only strong enough to do the really big lifts, but he also had Clare doing lots of non lift tricks. Bonnie's only real competitor in the flexibility stakes, Beth, may have more problems with a smaller partner. Bonnie herself is pretty amazing. She's a more experienced and successful dancer and actress than anyone else there, she's moved well since her first tour, and she's stunningly acrobatic for someone nearly twice Ray's age.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's great too and will do well with Andrei.

She's 50 this year and looks still game for anything she's asked to do, so I might send a vote or two her way every week when I'm voting for Ray.
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she's great too and will do well with Andrei.

She's 50 this year and looks still game for anything she's asked to do, so I might send a vote or two her way every week when I'm voting for Ray.
    Hi Buddy - Ray and Bonnie will be getting my votes.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't even sure I was going to watch All Stars, let alone vote, but I'm going to pick up the phone for Zaraah next week and Bonnie the week after. I'm not having the likes of Gareth Gates or Gary Lucy outlasting them!
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Sorry to spoil the party, but not a fan of Bonnie' s presentation style, a bit showbizzy for my liking. Good on her for taking part and improving though. And nice to see Andrei back albeit because Mark sadly got injured again.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does seem to be skating better than she did, I hope it is further encouraged.

Don't agree Gareth's worse than her and we have yet to see Gary this time.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Hi Buddy - Ray and Bonnie will be getting my votes.
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I wasn't even sure I was going to watch All Stars, let alone vote, but I'm going to pick up the phone for Zaraah next week and Bonnie the week after. I'm not having the likes of Gareth Gates or Gary Lucy outlasting them!

Hiya you two! Sid I didn't watch the year Zaraah took part. I would like Bonnie to outlast Gareth or Gary too. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've been at a dance studio this morning to learn how to waltz according to Bonnie's Twitter.

Looking forward to a stress free Andrei dose tomorrow!