Anybody being forced or tagged to wear make up?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,702
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know it's for a good cause but anybody else not putting make up on? Seems a new forced trend.

Comments

• swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's the good cause? What forced trend?

I can't say I've come across any forcing or tagging. Is this being done on a social network?

You most certainly don't have to wear it if you don't want to. There's nothing wrong in having a backbone and saying no.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seen that on Facebook today. I'm not wearing make-up. What exactly will come of it? I show my support in other ways.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good God. I haven't heard of it.

I think it's a ridiculous idea, but hey, if people want to indulge themselves by pretending it's in aid of charity, who am I to judge? …judge I f*cking will.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My facebook is full of it today, It's been going on for a couple of months but seems to have reached Swansea today. I've had my mum calling me boring and mean for not doing it. How is taking a photo of myself with no make up on going to benefit anyone?! I go out without make up most of the time and I donate too charity every month! I don't get facebook sometimes.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    it does nothing for cancer awareness, everyone is already aware of cancer

do something useful. give cash or do the shine night marathon is you want

someone without make up on social media, is nothing
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's all a load of self indulgent bollocks.

They all want the 'oh you're so pretty with no make up!'

And not the 'you have really nice hair'
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    Croctacus wrote: »

'thats a nice cardi' if they dont look pretty with no makeup
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My FB has been full of no make-up selfies today... I haven't bothered because every selfie I've ever posted is a no make-up one, and posting one doesn't actually give money to the charity.
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been thinking of coming off facebook for a while, various breaks from it. The drinking game was biting reading it every day. I prefer twitter.
  • CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    'thats a nice cardi' if they dont look pretty with no makeup

Lots are still wearing it though, they're just slightly less orange than normal.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More reasons why I fcuking hate Facebook. What pointless nonsense.

Stop posting pictures of yourself with no slap on - give money to flipping charity if you want to make a difference.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots are still wearing it though, they're just slightly less orange than normal.

Whats making me laugh out loud is the amount of girls on my facebook that are doing it that have shaved their eyebrows so they can draw them back on, Do you think they're leaving they're eyebrows off when they're taking these "no make up" selfies?! Are they buggery!
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member

And especially not the "holy shit, kill it with fire".
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've avoided Facebook today... All this self indulgent selfie crap under the guise of 'raising awareness for cancer' makes me angry.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Seems like a lot of nonsense. How does it raise awareness of cancer? If anyone wants to do something useful they should donate to charity or do something like the Race For Life or other fundraising events.
  • decobelledecobelle Posts: 4,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, thanks for that dear, until I saw that selfie of you looking really ropey on Facebook I had no idea what cancer was! Is it new?
  • heart of glassheart of glass Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been tagged to do it but I have no intention of doing so. As others have said, it's all about being told how wonderful you look without make up. These lemmings who are doing it seem to get pretty angry if you question what it has to do with cancer awareness, I've seen people getting torn to shreds for saying it's pointless. I'm hoping it'll soon be yesterday's chip paper.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member

I've heard of the women not wearing make-up thing but not of men splashing it on, with regards to raising cancer awareness. I guess that's why one of my male Facebook friends posted a picture of himself earlier looking like a drag queen. :D

To be honest I'm not sure I see the point unless you (as in a generic "you", not you specifically) are donating a few quid? It reminds me of these "share this to show your support for breast cancer" type posts, what actual good will it do? :confused:
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard of the women not wearing make-up thing but not of men splashing it on, with regards to raising cancer awareness. I guess that's why one of my male Facebook friends posted a picture of himself earlier looking like a drag queen. :D

To be honest I'm not sure I see the point unless you (as in a generic "you", not you specifically) are taking sponsors for it? It reminds me of these "share this to show your support for breast cancer" type posts, what actual good will it do? :confused:

Here is a link

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/men-wear-make-up-for-breast-cancer-awareness-9203057.html
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    In the last couple of hours it's gone from no-makeup selfies to men wearing makeup. It's no better than liking a status or picture if you're against cancer.

Still, it's better than the neknomination thing. As I tend to prefer girls wearing no makeup anyway, I'd rather that than some idiot drinking petrol.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member

Link isn't working properly for me, but thanks anyway. :)
    TheMunch wrote: »
    In the last couple of hours it's gone from no-makeup selfies to men wearing makeup. It's no better than liking a status or picture if you're against cancer.

Still, it's better than the neknomination thing. As I tend to prefer girls wearing no makeup anyway, I'd rather that than some idiot drinking petrol.

I was just about to ask if it was a variation of the necknom trend.
  • christina83christina83 Posts: 11,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was tagged earlier. I'm just going to try and ignore it happened.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody on my FB seems to be doing this, though I've seen one guy MENTION it. Is this like that time people eradicated child abuse by changing their profile pic to a cartoon character, only with actual money? It's a step forward, I guess...
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been tagged. But I will not be forced.