Kids throwing eggs at house/car

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We have a issue in the street,with some local brats,who like to throw things at our house+car. It seems to be only our house/car they pick on thou for some reason. Although next door have had issues with them banging on the front door,and kicking a football at there car.

there is a "gang" of between 5-10 of them aged from 8-14 and there is a couple of ringleaders that always start the trouble.

I am finding it really intimidating and scary, and im not sure if i should be feeling this way,should't i be angry rather than scared?

I dont want to ring the police and bother them,as i dont want the police to call around incase the kids see them and know we "grassed" i feel it might make it worse,so have avoided reporting anything. However,last night that threw an egg one at the house (hit living room window) and one at the car (hit rear window) this was about 7.15pm. However last night i did email my local neighbourhood police team with photographs of the damage.

My OH has Aspergers,and so does my teenage son,and i dont know if im more worried about the attacks themselves or how it will affect them-if it will stress them out. I also have a toddler in the house,but luckily all these attacks have been just after he has gone to bed. If it happens when OH is about,he goes out and shouts at them to clear off,which makes them worse,because they are getting a reaction.

It seems to be that they police have been working to clear up a "trouble road" just up the way,i think they have just moved the issue closer down to us.

I just dont know what to do for the best,and I'm not sure if im feeling the "right" thing or if im having some kind of breakdown as im so nervous and worried incase its a dry day and they play out-Im cheering for rain,cause it keeps the little B'stards inside!

Comments

• stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Supermarkets here ban the sale of eggs to minors.
  • Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoot them.
  • skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    My wife caught a teenage girl red handed doing it to ours,dragged her back and told her to clean it off the windows.She said she had nothing to use so in the end her lovely hoodie was used.Never happened again.
  • LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Have you spoken to your neighbours? They're probably getting some other form of harassment. Do you know where they live?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    My wife caught a teenage girl red handed doing it to ours,dragged her back and told her to clean it off the windows.She said she had nothing to use so in the end her lovely hoodie was used.Never happened again.
    I really wish i could stand up fpr myself like that! i just havent got the danglies to do so
    LykkieLi wrote: »
    Have you spoken to your neighbours? They're probably getting some other form of harassment. Do you know where they live?
    The one neighbour only moved in a couple of weeks ago,so they havent. The others in the street seem not to be bothered-they seem to be content with them banging on there garden fence with a ball for hours on end.

I have a good idea where one of them lives,but not exactly
  • fat controllerfat controller Posts: 13,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you got a hose? I'd be inclined to try and get your hose rigged up somehow so you can switch it on at will and drown the blighters - either that, or ring the police.
  • shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    do you have a named community support officer you could ask for help?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be careful what you say or 'do' to the kids. They are after all only kids and the police would take a dim view to any action you take. Personally I would call round the parents house and explain the situation mentioning you haven't called the police because you like to sort out these issues yourself.

I have a friend who chased off a gang of similar kids. He used a hockey stick to scare them. The police were knocking on his door and arrested him for 'hitting' one of the kids. Nothing came of it, but just be careful.
  • Dean_BurroughsDean_Burroughs Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    step one call in to their parents and explain the situation'
    step two ring the guards/police'
    step three get yourself a golf club

i use to work in this area it take months for the guards to be able too do anything when it comes to youths,their parents are your best bet,i personally would have no fear of them but that does not mean i would run out and attack them as that creates a whole lot of trouble,lol but as a last resort it worth it to send a message,its a big gamble though!!!!

if you want this to end you have to find their parents,now their parents could be as bad as them but they are the only logical option,these kids are thugs they are getting a power trip off abusing a grown man they wont stop unless you stand your ground.
  • soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    ...I dont want to ring the police and bother them,as i dont want the police to call around incase the kids see them and know we "grassed" i feel it might make it worse,so have avoided reporting anything...
    These are kids not a hardened gang of criminals. As a previous post mentioned, call the police and ask to speak to your local community support officer.
  • RickWhiteRickWhite Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be tempted to to throw eggs at their parents house. Then I may need to throw dog shit for the crime of raising a brat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel your pain OP.

They were throwing stones at my cars and my pets. It was one child who started it all off and the rest followed and he really was a little 5hit. Vile child.

Luckily they have gone now (evicted probably) and the rest of the kids have gone back to behaving themselves.

I am not sure what to suggest, it is hard to know what to do for the best.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RickWhite wrote: »
    I would be tempted to to throw eggs at their parents house. Then I may need to throw dog shit for the crime of raising a brat

If I knew who they were I'd shove human shit through their door.

Then if they said anything to me I'd reply all innocent, "why would I want to do such a thing ?"

The average chavscum is way too thick to think of a reply to that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    right, just saw another neighbour taking photos of the gang (he obviously having trouble as well) further up the street,and saw that the kids had gone to get one of there mothers to stop the man,This i thought was my opportunity!

I went over and asked if anyone knew anything about the eggs last night, All had shocked bunny in headlights reaction and pointed at the ringleader immediately. They said it wasnt us it was him,you cant blame us, and i said that they were all guilty by association as they were all there last night. Ringleader said he threw an egg, but up in the air and didnt know where it landed,what about the other one i said (as there were two-one on the car and one on the front window) Oh that was another older teenage boy we dont know who he is. Other parent said to me "it wasnt my kids" to which i said "i know it wasnt your kids,they play quietly but its when there is someone else there they are easily led" she nodded.

As it happened,my young toddler came out to me when i was in the midst of it,and i picked him up and said "look at him,he is 2 yrs old and THIS is who you are frightening" the other parents heart melted :)

outcome is,apology from ringleader,i now know his address for definate and told him if it happens again its there i will be sending the police.

I have NEVER done anything like that before,and it scared me poo-less! I really hate confrontation and im still shaking. I feel a bit sick and have had to have a glass of lilt and a **** to calm down :D

only time will tell if it does any good,but if there is a next time i shall call police (i have to now i said i would!)

I really dont know what got into me! i think the red mist decended!
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    right, just saw another neighbour taking photos of the gang (he obviously having trouble as well) further up the street,and saw that the kids had gone to get one of there mothers to stop the man,This i thought was my opportunity!

I went over and asked if anyone knew anything about the eggs last night, All had shocked bunny in headlights reaction and pointed at the ringleader immediately. They said it wasnt us it was him,you cant blame us, and i said that they were all guilty by association as they were all there last night. Ringleader said he threw an egg, but up in the air and didnt know where it landed,what about the other one i said (as there were two-one on the car and one on the front window) Oh that was another older teenage boy we dont know who he is. Other parent said to me "it wasnt my kids" to which i said "i know it wasnt your kids,they play quietly but its when there is someone else there they are easily led" she nodded.

As it happened,my young toddler came out to me when i was in the midst of it,and i picked him up and said "look at him,he is 2 yrs old and THIS is who you are frightening" the other parents heart melted :)

outcome is,apology from ringleader,i now know his address for definate and told him if it happens again its there i will be sending the police.

I have NEVER done anything like that before,and it scared me poo-less! I really hate confrontation and im still shaking. I feel a bit sick and have had to have a glass of lilt and a **** to calm down :D

only time will tell if it does any good,but if there is a next time i shall call police (i have to now i said i would!)

Very well done. You handled that perfectly ~ esp bits in bold :)

It's always great when it doesn't end in confrontation.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Two halloweens running now some little bastards have thrown eggs at my windows.

I try to make it look like I'm out. I keep the lights off & don't answer the door but they just do it & its terrible to try to get it off the following morning.

If it happens again this year I'm going to rush out & shoot them........

........with my camera!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »

I try to make it look like I'm out. I keep the lights off & don't answer the door but they just do it & its terrible to try to get it off the following morning.

Yes,i had seriously underestimated the sticking power of egg-bloody scrubbing at it with cream cleaner on the windows,and it did not want to come of the car paint especially the shell :(
  • Dean_BurroughsDean_Burroughs Posts: 341
    Forum Member

excellent.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Good for you! Must be a weight off your mind.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Good for you! Must be a weight off your mind.:)

feel a bit sick and have a headache actually! Im am really really painfully shy,and have never stuck up for myself even and was bullied all through school (im now 36 but still the same)

cant believe i was out in the street in my slippers, yelling at kids like an old fish wife!

still shaking,must be the adrenaline pumping!
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    RickWhite wrote: »
    I would be tempted to to throw eggs at their parents house.

Same here lol. The police wont do anything about this sort of thing unless it's constant or accompanied by threats.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »

Taking pictures of them might get you reported for being a pervert though.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Same here lol. The police wont do anything about this sort of thing unless it's constant or accompanied by threats.
    The police won't do anything because you're still alive and your house is still standing. Where I live there's a home for teenage boys, where their favourite hobby seems to be threatening people and fighting. It's almost directly opposite the police station and yet nothing seems to have been done about it in several years.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    You handled it brilliantly, OP, well done!
  • Uk LtdUk Ltd Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cryolemon wrote: »
    Taking pictures of them might get you reported for being a pervert though.

*sigh*