Options

The league table doesn't lie.

Comments

• Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    To be honest I've had a sneaking suspicion for a little that Tottenham might nick the title. But it would be amazing if Leicester won it.

Four of Spurs' next five fixtures are not easy so nothing will be clear until after their Chelsea away game on 2nd May - and given Leicester's last few games it may not even be then.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bollochs, it is still Easter.:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did Kane have to learn to be such a good striker while on loan at Leicester?:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 points dropped for Spurs, makes a draw a reasonable outcome for LCFC.

Nice. No pressure.
  • Options
    SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    leicslad46 wrote: »
    No the table doesnt lie and leicester do find themselves, at the moment, five points clear.

I have a gut feeling that this run is coming to an end this weekend and that leicester wont win the premier league. The premier league will look alot different come final whistle in 44 days

imho
    Just because Forest got stuffed again today there's no need to spoil the party for the rest of us, as that's what you're doing with your interminable doom gloom & despondency, despite promising on numerous occasions that you'll lighten up. Please take a running jump and leave us to relax & enjoy the ride instead of having to see your nonsense every few weeks.

You've been wrong every time so far in your aspersions of doom; even a stopped clock is right occasionally and no doubt eventually Leicester will lose a game and you'll be able to dash on to here as soon as the final whistle blows to crow about how you saw it coming. Bottom line is that you haven't seen anything; there is no connection between your intestine and the machinations of a premier league football club, and you have the worse foresight of any 'fan' I've ever known of.

Please refrain from posting. There'll be enough spurs fan crowing if & when it happens, without those who claim to be in the blue corner joining in.
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    Four of Spurs' next five fixtures are not easy so nothing will be clear until after their Chelsea away game on 2nd May - and given Leicester's last few games it may not even be then.

Well Leicester can extend their lead further tomorrow, albeit Southampton is a tough match. 6 points is tricky at this time of the season. Yes I sound like I've changed my tune and it'll still be close but while Spurs looked good this evening the initiative is back with Leicester now. .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder where leicslad46 is now with his 'gut feeling' and his absolute certainty that it'll all fall apart and that the table at the end will be 'a lot different'?. The only change at the minute is Leicester's lead over the rest getting bigger.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One more win and two draws now guarantees Leicester a top 4 finish, after next weekends results, it could be looking even rosier.

Apparently, according to the doubters, Mahrez and Vardy have shot it. I think they could be dropped and Leicester would still do it. There's a hunger lurking.
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SnrDev wrote: »
    I wonder where leicslad46 is now with his 'gut feeling' and his absolute certainty that it'll all fall apart and that the table at the end will be 'a lot different'?. The only change at the minute is Leicester's lead over the rest getting bigger.
    Blatant penalties. Southampton hard done by. And we will see on may 15th at 1645 who is going to have the last laugh and told you so. I will leave it at that. With all due respect
  • Options
    Marti SMarti S Posts: 5,789
    Forum Member
    Blatant penalties. Southampton hard done by. And we will see on may 15th at 1645 who is going to have the last laugh and told you so. I will leave it at that. With all due respect

Dermot on ref-watch said neither were penalties
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marti S wrote: »
    Dermot on ref-watch said neither were penalties

Not withstanding the fact that Kasper would have saved the penalties, going by Leicester's current run of luck.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ho ho. Your 'gut feeling' was wrong, again. It's been wrong all this season, all last season and I wouldn't be surprised if you were crowing about how the promotion run-in was absolutely certain to end in failure as Burnley swept up on the outside with a late run as Leicester collapsed. Only they didn't.

Like I said, a broken clock is right occasionally. You just can't wait to be right so that you can come on here and crow about it; that's clearly more important to you than any idea of Leicester winning it.

Not blatant penalties by any means. The people who matter and the consensus across the media is that one wasn't, one of them was the sort that could have been given and that both sides would have been entitled to feel hard done by whichever way the decision might have gone. So no, not blatant penalties.

BTW I think you've blown your cover with your 'have the last laugh' comment. Leicester fan? Yeah right. Seeing them blow it is your dream - you've admitted as such, unless getting one over a stranger on the internet really is more important than seeing 'your team' win the league.
  • Options
    victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be a one off, normal service will be resumed next season. Leicester will return back to midtable and Half their team sold off.
  • Options
    Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is the first post that makes me think that rather than being an extremely pessimistic person who wants to be proven right so that you can continue to be a pessimist, you are actually not a Leicester city fan.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    victor mel wrote: »
    It will be a one off, normal service will be resumed next season. Leicester will return back to midtable and Half their team sold off.

It might be...but are people forgetting the form they are currently on started around this time last year...will their team be sold off though, they will have CL football next season perhaps their players will want to stick around for that, and who knows what players will be added to the squad.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member

Didn't look like penalties to me.
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost there Leicester - hold your nerve. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It might be a one off, so what?

There is this theory that everyone would like to see someone other than big 4 win the league for a change, that is utter garbage.

I watched the weekend game V Southampton in a pub in Lancashire, where I now live. Next to me was a West Brom fan and as miserable as sin, he couldn't stand a single decision that went Leicesters way. I hope the miserable git is in the same pub next Sunday.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A nice piece on the BBC news. A 10 point gap after this weekend is a bit optimistic though.
  • Options
    onecitizenonecitizen Posts: 5,042
    Forum Member

Possibly, but it would be churlish to deny the Leicester City fans their moment in the spotlight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on Man U, fight and at least get a draw.

The dream is more than alive.:)
  • Options
    SarahKSarahK Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    onecitizen wrote: »
    Possibly, but it would be churlish to deny the Leicester City fans their moment in the spotlight.

The Foxes fans walking around with Champions scarves since last weekend have put me off them to be honest. There is a difference between confidence & arrogance.
  • Options
    BillyBattyBillyBatty Posts: 7,009
    Forum Member
    Tottenham could still take this. This isn't over at all.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BillyBatty wrote: »
    Tottenham could still take this. This isn't over at all.

They certainly could....very tough match for Leicester next week.