Options

Has Bruce Forsyth died?

HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Forsyth

Can anybody tell me if that's true?
It looks suspiciously like a fake, But i don't know.

Comments

• Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    Early reports say that Bruce Forsyth died in the early hours on the 8th of August 2009. It was later confirmed by Surrey police to be true.

Sources say that Forsyth was entertaining a group of friends on the 7th. Always the joker, Forsyth stopped at the top of his stairs and pulled his classic "Thinker" pose putting his leg into muscular spasm. This caused him to topple down the stairs and the shock caused a heart attack. He was rushed to hospital where doctors battled to save him but eventually he died in the early hours of the next day.

If you're even slightly believing that....

I have some funds in a Nigerian bank account I need to transfer, can you help me?
  • Options
    HayleyXDHayleyXD Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    Early reports say that Bruce Forsyth died in the early hours on the 8th of August 2009. It was later confirmed by Surrey police to be true.

Sources say that Forsyth was entertaining a group of friends on the 7th. Always the joker, Forsyth stopped at the top of his stairs and pulled his classic "Thinker" pose putting his leg into muscular spasm. This caused him to topple down the stairs and the shock caused a heart attack. He was rushed to hospital where doctors battled to save him but eventually he died in the early hours of the next day.

I have some funds in a Nigerian bank account I need to transfer, can you help me?

Well you never can tell whats the truth and whats not nowadays.
  • Options
    j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What kind of sicko thinks its funny to make up peoples deaths.
  • Options
    DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think it would be reported on the news sites if it were true.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    HayleyXD wrote: »

No, dear :rolleyes:
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member

If Brucie had sadly left us it would be all over Sky and BBC news - specially BBC - from the minute it was discovered it had happened.

So there's your answer.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do think it would be reported on the news sites if it were true.

I'm not so sure they'd bother. I think the OP is simply hoping that one of Bruce's neighbours is online and would be able to confirm it for them. :p

Seriously, fake death rumours are rife on Wikipedia. Instead of starting new threads which will only serve to spread the rumour further, how about checking on a site such as www.bbc.co.uk/news first?

Apart from Brucie's neighbours and family friends, the rest of us would only know this stuff if it were posted on a reliable news site first.
  • Options
    Scotland1Scotland1 Posts: 1,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In all fairness, you should have the common sense to look into it for yourself before such a stupid heartless post.
  • Options
    Eye SeaEye Sea Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PompeyBill wrote: »

Yeah, and can the OP please deposit 10,000 into an account to help build a school for disadvantaged children in the Third World...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The source is Wikipedia, which should tell you all you need to know about this 'story'.
  • Options
    Eye SeaEye Sea Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    The source is Wikipedia, which should tell you all you need to know about this 'story'.

That site sucks. I tried correcting the height of an actor whom I met. Wiki had him as 6 foot, yet he was about 5 foot 8.

Five minutes after changing it, Wiki sent me a message saying angrily, 'you must provide proof that your imformation is true.:mad:'

I said, fluck it, do it yourself, you ungrateful ****.:p
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member

Sorry, that's made me laugh. How can you honestly think that, despite the lack of any news stories on any news site or TV, and looking at the description of Brucie's supposed 'accident', you still think 'Oh, that might be true'.

Do you need any drives done?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's probably just the latest to be sacked from SCD ;)
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish people wouldn't start a 'is so and so dead' threads it is very insensitive. Why not just wait for a news story to appear on a 'proper' website before starting these threads. Over the last few months we've had 'Is George Michael dead?', 'Is Jeff Goldblum dead?', 'Is Miley Cyrus dead' and some others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Wikipedia in the past have reported the 'deaths' of Annie Lennox and Vernon Kay so it is hardly a reliable source.
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hell of a way to go though, just what Brucie would like, i think it sounds possible
  • Options
    AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    So OP were you just random;ly reading Brucie's entry in Wiki and noticed he might be dead?
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    If this were true it would be all over BBC News.

Wikipeida aren't a reliable news source. It's sick, really.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wikipedia in the past have reported the 'deaths' of Annie Lennox and Vernon Kay so it is hardly a reliable source.

It is far more than that. It happens to celebrities, and probably a few not so famous people on a daily basis. Most of the time people spot the vandalism and revert it before anyone can take it seriously, not that many people would take it seriously in the first place.

I sometimes think that agents of celebs might do the vandalism, then spread the rumour, simply so they can very publicly deny it and get them a bit of easy publicity.

According to Wikipedia, a lot of celebrities are guilty of all kinds of crimes, and dubious sexual behaviour, and I seem to recall Prince Philip's page once said he and the Queen had been caught doing the dirty on the kitchen table at Balmoral!:D

At least the "death" vanalism is obviously made up and even if anyone is gullible enough to believe it at first, it is easy enough to disprove. The more subtle vandalism is more difficult to spot, but everyone should be careful of what they believe on Wikipedia. Always check the history to get an idea of whether or not the information is new, or if people disagree.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's gone now! Sick joke!
  • Options
    toastietoastie Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people believe wikipedia, this is always happening and will happen many more times.
  • Options
    DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mandylou1 wrote: »
    It's gone now! Sick joke!

Bit like this thread.:(
  • Options
    FluffyBunnykinsFluffyBunnykins Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish people wouldn't start a 'is so and so dead' threads it is very insensitive. Why not just wait for a news story to appear on a 'proper' website before starting these threads. Over the last few months we've had 'Is George Michael dead?', 'Is Jeff Goldblum dead?', 'Is Miley Cyrus dead' and some others I can't remember off the top of my head.

.. which is why it took me 24 hrs to be convinced that Michael Jackson had died :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The history on that article shows someone called 'Scotland1DigitalSpy' blundering in and repeatedly trying to erase the whole page stating that it's a hoax - whereas really it would have been much easier just to remove the untrue material and leave the rest of it alone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eye Sea wrote: »
    That site sucks. I tried correcting the height of an actor whom I met. Wiki had him as 6 foot, yet he was about 5 foot 8.

Five minutes after changing it, Wiki sent me a message saying angrily, 'you must provide proof that your imformation is true.:mad:'

I said, fluck it, do it yourself, you ungrateful ****.:p

ah! i too have been dressed down by some wikiwankers....i also tried to change something about the pet shop boys and was messaged, info incorrect, supply proof

i messaged back contact details for psb office and asked them to ring for confirmation ungreatful fluckwit twwats....:D

My edit still stands!!
  • Options
    Scotland1Scotland1 Posts: 1,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bignoise wrote: »
    The history on that article shows someone called 'Scotland1DigitalSpy' blundering in and repeatedly trying to erase the whole page stating that it's a hoax - whereas really it would have been much easier just to remove the untrue material and leave the rest of it alone.

It's not an easy straight forward process to change.
    I am sure you can do better since you seem well versed in changing Wiki info. [Is that why you are called 'big nose'?]
    At anyrate. The whole page should be removed in my opinion.