Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    And not a single f*ck was given

Maria Von Trapp agrees with you.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Sad news the saturdays are next to go they are hanging on though.

Oh no! :( I hope they don't. Their new album might end up doing quite well if it's ever released.
  • Options
    paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do people have to be so nasty. Five young guys who had ambition and worked hard to suceed in a cut throat business. They have made millions and I'm sure they will all do well in their lives. I can see them getting back together at some point in the future so good luck to them.
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paralax wrote: »
    Why do people have to be so nasty. Five young guys who had ambition and worked hard to suceed in a cut throat business. They have made millions and I'm sure they will all do well in their lives. I can see them getting back together at some point in the future so good luck to them.

I agree! I hope that they do get back together, in the future.
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Alledgly all a stunt to boost tour sales which before Monday were dire. Insiders expect the group to return by late 2014
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    garyessex wrote: »
    Alledgly all a stunt to boost tour sales which before Monday were dire. Insiders expect the group to return by late 2014

I doubt that's true.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    No band breaks up

They just take hiatuses to build to the inevitable reunion tour
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Worked hard? They looked pretty and had average voices. No creativity and no hard grind to get to where they were, they were handed success on a silver platter by going on the X-Factor.

I have nothing against them as human beings, I must say they seemed like lovely guys whenever they were on chat shows etc. But, as musicians, they offered nothing that nobody else couldn't have.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,989
    Forum Member
    I think it has been planned for a very long time.. Who announces a tour a year in advance in support of an album when a new album would be released before the tour? The tour was announced as The Evolution Tour for December 2013 when the album was released in November 2012, it seems pretty obvious this was the intention, or at least has been planned for a very long time
  • Options
    tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Why split up ? just because they dont get number 1 all the time , touring wise they been the most successful x factor artist , if they cant sell arenas do theatres they are miles better than arenas any day of the week
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Are you talking about JLS? They have only 4 members :D
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Maria Von Trapp agrees with you.
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonypennys wrote: »
    Why split up ? just because they dont get number 1 all the time , touring wise they been the most successful x factor artist , if they cant sell arenas do theatres they are miles better than arenas any day of the week

Because they aren't making music for the love of it, they recorded music to be famous. People don't go on the X Factor because they want to be musicians, they go on to be celebs - it's a shortcut to the fame they crave - as soon as there 15 minutes is up they dump their 'music' career and try to prolong their fame with reality TV slots.
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Are you talking about JLS? They have only 4 members :D

i thought they were referring to 1D:D
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rocketpop wrote: »
    Because they aren't making music for the love of it, they recorded music to be famous. People don't go on the X Factor because they want to be musicians, they go on to be celebs - it's a shortcut to the fame they crave - as soon as there 15 minutes is up they dump their 'music' career and try to prolong their fame with reality TV slots.

I agree that some go on x factor/voice for fame and not the music but not all acts do. Many like Matt cardle and JLS were trying to get somewhere for years and X factor gave them a platform. Do you think it is easy to get on in the music industry? Ask any musician gigging in pubs up and down the land. All of them will be doing it for the love of music but they all want to take it to the next level. Isnt that true of any job. Very few of us are happy being bottom of the rung !!
  • Options
    RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I agree that some go on x factor/voice for fame and not the music but not all acts do. Many like Matt cardle and JLS were trying to get somewhere for years and X factor gave them a platform. Do you think it is easy to get on in the music industry? Ask any musician gigging in pubs up and down the land. All of them will be doing it for the love of music but they all want to take it to the next level. Isnt that true of any job. Very few of us are happy being bottom of the rung !!

Sucking off Simon Cowell just to be his puppet isn't a career move I would choose to climb the ladder.

Anyway if X Factor had been around in the 60's/70's and Robert Zimmerman, David Jones and Harry Webb all went on it - Harry Webb would win, while the other two would be laughed off because one had a bad voice and the other was a novelty act....X Factor isn't about talent..

(That's Dylan, Bowie and Cliff Richard real names.)
  • Options
    MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    My daughter is devastated that they are splitting. Unfortunately for me I'm the only one who will take her to concerts (funnily enough dad won't lol). I'm pleased I bought tickets as a birthday surprise for the last concert at the 02. I told her the morning they announced it and thank goodness it's given her something to look forward to.

The first time we saw them at Norwich Football ground Olly Murs was their support act. He did his set and the band left the stage. JLS then came on and sang the entire concert with just background music. The writing was on the wall that their support act was far, far better than the main act.:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No band breaks up

They just take hiatuses to build to the inevitable reunion tour

I agree lol They'll be back in a few years when they run out of money :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    I quite liked JLS. They seemed alot more humble and "cool" than One Direction and The Wanted, but also very lazy.

They had a ton of buzz around them on X-Factor and could probably have been a massive urban/r'n'b group but instead chose to release mushy predictable ballads and generic club songs for three years. No wonder their album sales were getting worse.

I wonder whether that was their decision - or the record label's.
    I really believe that urban/R&B is what they wanted. It was Oritse who got them together; his idols were Boyz II Men.
  • Options
    burbsburbs Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally believe that the record label and JLS sat down and came to the decision that they were no longer the big UK boyband and the career was only heading one way. With Marvins baby on the way perhaps now would be a good time to move on and they can keep face by saying they were just growing up and time to call it quits.

To be fair to JLS they were brilliant at what they did, catchy tunes, sell a bucketload, sell out arenas, make a fortune and live their dream so fair play to them.

I dont understand why people on here always have to put people down who have acheieved things and got somewhere in their lives. They had a good innings, they now split and in a few years they will obviously reunite and make a few more quid.

Aston has one of the best voices in any "boyband" and with the right material he could have a really good solo career if he wanted to go that route.

And for the people saying they are jumped up and arrogant, I have said in the forums before I have put JLS in a few student nights I promoted previously and Aston and JB were the most down to earth guys you could wish to meet. Granted it was a few years ago now but it was when they were at the mega heights of their career and they were nothing but brilliant, even Aston staying on after the gig having dance offs with the students and then leaving for a pizza. Really nice guys and have done well for themselves.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    La_ wrote: »
    I wonder whether that was their decision - or the record label's.
    I really believe that urban/R&B is what they wanted. It was Oritse who got them together; his idols were Boyz II Men.

I think that it was partly because of the record label that they decided to split up. I think that Epic decided not to renew their contract. This might have lead to JLS deciding that they didn't want to find a new label and decided to split up.

Whatever the reason for the split, they have had a brilliant career and hopefully, they will reunite, one day.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are the JLS condoms also going to split? Ha.