Options

Do they still repeat 1981 Postman Pat and 80's Thomas Tank

djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
Forum Member
✭✭
I was helping a mate and his wife decorate they're new babies room and it got me thinking ...

Are the old episodes of those shows repeated ?

Comments

• Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I caught a very old epsiode of Thomas on channel 5 the other morning.
    My son would watch these ones, born in 1994 but would watch the repeats of this and postman pat. When he watched Ringo was the narrator before it changed to Michael somebody

Both shows have now been CGI'd & they're just not the same anymore, they've lost their quaintness and uniqueness.
    Bland is the word...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    I caught a very old epsiode of Thomas on channel 5 the other morning.
    My son would watch these ones, born in 1994 but would watch the repeats of this and postman pat. When he watched Ringo was the narrator before it changed to Michael somebody

Both shows have now been CGI'd & they're just not the same anymore, they've lost their quaintness and uniqueness.
    Bland is the word...

Agreed , but I look foward to the Postman Pat movie with Stephen Mangan
  • Options
    littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would. I would love to see one of the kids channels dedicated to old kids tv shows.
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,472
    Forum Member
    Doesn't Nick Junior show the early series of Thomas the tank?
    And I'm pretty sure that you can watch old episodes of Thomas the Tank and Post Man Pat on Youtube.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wish they would. I would love to see one of the kids channels dedicated to old kids tv shows.
    c0bo wrote: »
    Doesn't Nick Junior show the early series of Thomas the tank?
    And I'm pretty sure that you can watch old episodes of Thomas the Tank and Post Man Pat on Youtube.

So would I , I'd really like to see Playdays repeated

You can watch old episodes on You Tube , but it isn't the same

In Postman Pat they've axed loads of characters
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the new theme song from Thomas. My nephew was watching it the other day, and i had to get up and leave because I was disgusted that they changed it! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ellesworthellesworth Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that the "they're two, they're four, they're six, they're eight" song?

I got some of the older episodes on tape from Freecycle, keeps the boy entertained at mum's on a rainy day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember all the songs from 80's Postman Pat
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's disheartening whenever I see the CGI Thomas. Looking back at the originals, it's amazing how much time, effort and care must have gone into their creation, with all the attention to detail in the miniaturised sets, bringing to life the various locations on the island of Sodor, and all the individual models they must have needed for the various facial shots of characters. It was a wonderfully evoked world that you could get believably lost in :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's disheartening whenever I see the CGI Thomas. Looking back at the originals, it's amazing how much time, effort and care must have gone into their creation, with all the attention to detail in the miniaturised sets, bringing to life the various locations on the island of Sodor, and all the individual models they must have needed for the various facial shots of characters. It was a wonderfully evoked world that you could get believably lost in :)

I don't mind the CGI too much , what bothers me is how much they've changed
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see early 90s Thomas and Postman Pat. I was really into those shows as a little kid (I was born in 1990 so that's why I want to see the 90s ones). I had all the toys and everything. I don't really like the modern ones though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see early 90s Thomas and Postman Pat. I was really into those shows as a little kid (I was born in 1990 so that's why I want to see the 90s ones). I had all the toys and everything. I don't really like the modern ones though.

I was a very big fan of Thomas as a kid growing up in the 90's, as I had all the toys too and as I watch the recent series it doesn't feel like the same show.

This youtube video pretty much sums up how I feel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NudfglgcoUI&feature=plcp
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBeebies shows Postman Pat (Sky Channel 614) and Nick Jnr (Sky Channel 615) shows Thomas (it's one of their early morning programmes, about 6am, but they do mix it up between original version and new CGI version).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thedrewser wrote: »
    CBeebies shows Postman Pat (Sky Channel 614) and Nick Jnr (Sky Channel 615) shows Thomas (it's one of their early morning programmes, about 6am, but they do mix it up between original version and new CGI version).
    Yes but does Cbeebies show the original version of Postman Pat?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It looks original, it's not CGI or anything, it's the old fashioned models technique. I didn't realise there were new Postman Pats.

They do show Postman Pat: Special delivery Service too which is new and CGI.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remind me who it was who sparked off a load of complaints when he did a sketch about Pat running over Jess with his van??
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When my daughter was younger I recorded 2 VHS tapes full of these type of children's programmes so we could have them on whenever we needed to keep her occupied whilst we were doing jobs around the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thedrewser wrote: »
    It looks original, it's not CGI or anything, it's the old fashioned models technique. I didn't realise there were new Postman Pats.

They do show Postman Pat: Special delivery Service too which is new and CGI.

Yes Postman Pat is still being made today and when I mean original I mean the old postman pat episodes from the 80's.
  • Options
    Robert WilliamsRobert Williams Posts: 2,214
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last BBC transmission of the original Postman Pat was on 17th August 2007: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007ly16
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    I was helping a mate and his wife decorate they're new babies room and it got me thinking ...

Are the old episodes of those shows repeated ?

The early ones are out on dvd.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Muffin the Mule !!
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I was a very big fan of Thomas as a kid growing up in the 90's, as I had all the toys too and as I watch the recent series it doesn't feel like the same show.

This youtube video pretty much sums up how I feel:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NudfglgcoUI&feature=plcp

Brilliant...just posted this on my sons FB page, he & his mates will agree...sad days :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last BBC transmission of the original Postman Pat was on 17th August 2007: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007ly16
    steven1977 wrote: »
    The early ones are out on dvd.

Thank you for that information

Does Nick Jr repeat Camberwick Green anymore ?
  • Options
    tjbantamtjbantam Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of Ringo eps are on Youtube
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Remind me who it was who sparked off a load of complaints when he did a sketch about Pat running over Jess with his van??

It was actually called Tempoary Postman Pratt!

I take it you mean when he tips the mail into the drains so he doesnt have to mail it.