Options

15mth old cat gone missing

asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
Forum Member
i took our cat to the vet on thurs morning for her booster - it's the 5 in 1 that she gets. She then wasnt well thurs/fri and was very sleepy and wanted to be left alone. On fri about 9.30pm she was hovering around the back door so i let her out to spend a penny and we've not heard from her since.

i've been round the estate calling her name and shaking her packet of treats but nothing:(

unfortunately i dont put a collar on her tho she is chipped.

i dont think she was well enough to have wandered off and i'd like to think nobody would've hurt her. Has anyone else experienced this - i hope she's just laying low and turns back up:cry:

Comments

• Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    asp746 wrote: »
    i took our cat to the vet on thurs morning for her booster - it's the 5 in 1 that she gets. She then wasnt well thurs/fri and was very sleepy and wanted to be left alone. On fri about 9.30pm she was hovering around the back door so i let her out to spend a penny and we've not heard from her since.

i've been round the estate calling her name and shaking her packet of treats but nothing:(

unfortunately i dont put a collar on her tho she is chipped.

i dont think she was well enough to have wandered off and i'd like to think nobody would've hurt her. Has anyone else experienced this - i hope she's just laying low and turns back up:cry:

I'm really sorry for how you must be feeling, but poor kitty perhaps shouldn't have been out if she was so poorly. There's not much I can suggest, other than the usual which you probably already know.

Firstly I would contact all the local vets, shelters etc.

I also would put flyers through peoples doors, stick posters up all over the place. Keep walking round the estate and tell as many people as I could, whoever I saw, when walking around.

I hope she turns up very soon, safe and well. Good luck.
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I hope she comes home soon. someone may have taken her in, or she might have taken shelter somewhere and got locked in.
  • Options
    FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope she comes home soon, one of mine went missing earlier this year so I know how you must be feeling, she did come back though when she was able to.

Chances are she is not far away, try knocking on neighbours doors, at least 10 doors up and down on both sides of the roads, have a little printout with a photo of her and your details on to leave with them in case they spot her, also leave details with local shops, vets etc get a few posters up on lampposts as well.

Have a good wander round a listen out for her, our other cat managed to get himself looked in the local pubs beer garden recently we found him by his cries but he could not get out tried knocking on pub door no one there so in the end my husband climbed over the fence to rescue him.

Ask people to check, their sheds, garages and outbuildings in case your cat has been accidentally locked in somewhere it is easily done.

Lots of other tips on link http://www.catchat.org/lost.html really hope you have her home safe and sound soon, sending you hugs and best wishes. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks everyone your words have been comforting. Still no suki so i'll ring the vet and call at the local shops tomorrow. It's just so upsetting, i think she's definitely sulking somewhere cos she wouldnt have really had the strength to wander off unless like my daughter said the injections's confused her and she's lost her bearings sadly we've had torrential rain here since she left .:(

i'll keep you updated x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sadly suki's been found dead. it's a bit of a mystery how she died - i think the injection has caused her to become disorientated and die - it's the only plausible explanation. I've actually seen her dead and there's a leg wound which looks like a really deep cut - it does kind of ring alarm bells cos if wildlife had have attacked her i'd have expected it to have been more ragged but then i dont think she's been run over because the leg wouldnt look normal. I dont think she's been dead since she went missing tho as the would appears 'fresh' if that makes sense.

i'm never getting another cat -:cry:
  • Options
    dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm so sorry, give yourself time to get over your loss, and maybe one day you'll want to open up your life to a cat again.

:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sadly suki's been found dead. it's a bit of a mystery how she died - i think the injection has caused her to become disorientated and die - it's the only plausible explanation. I've actually seen her dead and there's a leg wound which looks like a really deep cut - it does kind of ring alarm bells cos if wildlife had have attacked her i'd have expected it to have been more ragged but then i dont think she's been run over because the leg wouldnt look normal. I dont think she's been dead since she went missing tho as the would appears 'fresh' if that makes sense.

i'm never getting another cat -:cry:

I truly am so sorry
    Ive been keeping an eye on the thread for news.

Just keep near the fact you gave her all you could and she loved you back as much.I think thats the wonderful thing about Animals the love they give is unconditional, losing them is always heartbreaking.You please take care (((massive hugs)))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks moonburn & dollymarie & everyone else who cares about animals

xxxx
  • Options
    SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been watching this thread in hopes of good news.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

RIP little kitty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Me too. I was hoping that you would come back with good news. I am so sorry. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thank you so much - im full of regrets, what if i hadnt let her out, what if i'd searched harder etc i'm just sure she's only recently died and for some reason she didnt cry out when i was calling her. I might be wrong i dont know i'm just speculating but there's a lot of 'if only's at the moment. I'd particuarly advise against having a 5 in one vaccination because i'm sure it's knocked her out:cry:

thanks everyone xx
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    thank you so much - im full of regrets, what if i hadnt let her out, what if i'd searched harder etc i'm just sure she's only recently died and for some reason she didnt cry out when i was calling her. I might be wrong i dont know i'm just speculating but there's a lot of 'if only's at the moment. I'd particuarly advise against having a 5 in one vaccination because i'm sure it's knocked her out:cry:

thanks everyone xx

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. asp746 Like others, I've been checking for updates, so sad for your loss.
  • Options
    snowy ghostsnowy ghost Posts: 40,110
    Forum Member
    oh so sorry rip Suki and big hugs to you
  • Options
    wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad to hear about Suki. :cry:
  • Options
    FairyFeet1964FairyFeet1964 Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So very sorry to hear about Suki - sending you loves and hugs xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    you are all stars thank you from the bottom of my heart - cheesy but true xxxxxx