CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yaaaaaaaaay Bailey's back :D
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor Tom - difficult enough to cope with when you're older, let alone so young.
  • Options
    Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    CrazyLoop wrote: »
    Probably doesn't use that language in front of the kids. All teachers/staff occasionally swear ;)

He said it to the lad he was meant to be disciplining and showing an example to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vixyvic wrote: »
    Poor Tom - difficult enough to cope with when you're older, let alone so young.
    Deffo :( I lost a close family member earlier this year and was so hard to continue going to college and placement when I was falling apart on the inside. But I'm glad I did tbh.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yaaaaaaaaay Bailey's back :D

And so are her eyebrows - thank goodness they grew back
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    He said it to the lad he was meant to be disciplining and showing an example to.
    Ah okay. I think every kid gets called pain in the ass every now and then :p I get called it and I'm an adult lol.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's blindingly obvious that miscreants are all aware of the cameras, which probably encourages them to act up even more. Added to that, the effect on the behaviour of these kids by these teachers is pathetic. I've never seen such poor disciplinary control.

"Hey! But it don't half make for a controversial programme."

So far in this series I've only seen one example where both child and parent has been seen by the headmaster and this was when one was getting excluded. Get the parents in and tell them that they must instil some discipline into their child.

All this bad behaviour should have been sorted in their first year at school, or they should no longer be there.

There's too many "last chances" given to them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And so are her eyebrows - thank goodness they grew back
    I found that really funny :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooooh Mr Ferouk (sp?) is a bit of a dish. Nice bum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deffo :( I lost a close family member earlier this year and was so hard to continue going to college and placement when I was falling apart on the inside. But I'm glad I did tbh.
    Lost a close family friend (same age as me) when I was 19 and teaching as part of a gap year, similarly it was really difficult being away from home and try to keep going to lessons etc but similarly, glad I carried on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Urgh was that Georgia?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vixyvic wrote: »
    Lost a close family friend (same age as me) when I was 19 and teaching as part of a gap year, similarly it was really difficult being away from home and try to keep going to lessons etc but similarly, glad I carried on.
    Yeah I can imagine :( I felt bad for my sis who had to return north a few days after. But when she returned for the funeral, she stayed with us for about 3 weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes school is a stable environment, but made stable by rules, consistency and obligations.

If it's a free-for-all then it's just as disorganised and unstructured as many of these childrens' home lives.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    Oh Christ - I HATED kids like that in Year 1...
    I still do. It's kids like him who make me think they should bring back corporal punishment. I suppose I'll get a backlash now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still do. It's kids like him who make me think they should bring back corporal punishment. I suppose I'll get a backlash now.
    Deleted.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes school is a stable environment, but made stable by rules, consistency and obligations.

If it's a free-for-all then it's just as disorganised and unstructured as many of these childrens' home lives.

I've said so many times, kids need immovable goal posts, "Fifty-seven quiet words, won't cut it."

The parents must take some responsibility to have a structured routine for their kids, so one at school doesn't become a big shock.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yep - there a lot of young people that deep down welcome the structure and rules because at least then you know where you are.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few of the chavs truanting..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OMG teachers having coffee and a chat????
    Where are the DM readers to burst a bowel about teacher laziness and golden pensions?!?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG teachers having coffee and a chat????
    Where are the DM readers to burst a bowel about teacher laziness and golden pensions?!?!

Don't encourage them :p:D
  • Options
    Jules_BaxterJules_Baxter Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither Tom or Robbie Joe seem bad kids at heart, both have more energy than they know what to do with and need help to focus properly - not sure what help mind you. Poor Tom, how do you deal with being a hormonal school aged adolescent whose brother has died through drinking :-(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom milking it now. Inevitable when the teachers are going on and on and on and on about his bereavement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alcockell wrote: »
    A few of the chavs truanting..
    Er what? If you're talking about those two kids walking, I think they were on their way to school or home :confused: