The dream analysis thread.

Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
Forum Member
Just looking at another thread made me wonder about this and I'm sure there are people on DS who'd enjoy an opportunity to have a stab at it.

Here's one for people to get their teeth into for starters...

The other night I dreamed that there was some kind of derelict stone cottage in an old field where I used to play as a kid (although I was an adult in the dream).
It was, apparently, inhabited by a huge white snake which'd poke it's head out through the doors, windows and holes in the walls to stop anybody getting inside.
This didn't seem to particularly upset me and it seemed as though I was treating it as a game, going up to a window, waiting for the snake to appear and then ducking out of the way.

A couple of my mates appeared and asked what I was doing.
I explained about the snake and one of them said "A snake? Like this one?" and, at that point, a small black snake appeared, jumped at my mate and bit him on the arm.

Next thing, my mates were being loaded into an ambulance and, as a result, I was left on my own again and I recall feeling kind of guilty because it (somehow) meant that I could now get inside the cottage, while everybody was otherwise occupied, for the purpose of retrieving a bag of luggage that I had, apparently, stored there earlier.

So, there it is. What'd ya reckon? :confused:

FWIW, I don't have any phobia of snakes in reality so I don't think that was really significant.

Feel free to post up other dreams for people to laugh and poke fun at, erm, I mean analyse, as well. :blush:

Comments

• HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cottage
    To see a cottage in your dream represents comfort, peace and serenity. You prefer a quiet life of simplicity. The cottage may also represent an altered sense of reality and thus may be a means of escaping the responsibilities and problems that may be associated with your home. You need to approach life's difficulties one at a time.

Snake
    To see a snake or be bitten by one in your dream signifies hidden fears and worries that are threatening you. Your dream may be alerting you to something in your waking life that you are not aware of or that has not yet surfaced. Alternatively, the snake may be seen as phallic and thus symbolize temptation, dangerous and forbidden sexuality. In particular, to see a snake on your bed suggests that you are feeling sexually overpowered or sexually threatened. You may be inexperienced, nervous or just unable to keep up. If you are afraid of the snake, then it signifies your fears of sex, intimacy or commitment. The snake may also refer to a person around you who is callous, ruthless, and can't be trusted. As a positive symbol, snakes represent healing, transformation, knowledge and wisdom. It is indicative of self-renewal and positive change. In particular, dreaming of a red snake highlights the positive characteristics of the snake, as well as your fiery passion. To see a baby snake in your dream means that you are underestimating some threat in your waking life. To see the skin of a snake in your dream represents protection from illnesses.

Ambulance
    To see an ambulance in your dream indicates that your careless activities and indiscretion may lead to major problems and complications. This dream may also stem from your own fears of contracting a disease or your deteriorating health. Perhaps, you should cease what you are doing and pay closer attention to some waking situation.

To see an ambulance full of wounded passengers signifies a fear of letting go your old Self and making space for the new you. You are projecting your emotional wounds and painful experiences onto others. Alternatively, it may also mean that you are hanging around the wrong crowd and are doing yourself more harm than good.

Baggage
    To see or carry baggage in your dream refers to the problems and things that you are carrying on your shoulders and weighing your down. You feel that you are being held back by past emotions or problems. Alternatively, baggage symbolizes your identity.

Luggage
    To see or carry luggage in your dream symbolizes the many desires, worries, responsibilities or needs that you are carrying with you and weighing you down. The size or weight of the luggage parallels the demands you are facing. You need to reduce your desires and problems in order to alleviate the pressure you are putting on yourself. Perhaps you feel that you are being held back by past emotions or issues. Alternatively, luggage symbolizes your identity and sense of security.

To dream that you lose your luggage represents a lost in your identity. Consider how you feel when you discovered that your luggage is lost. If it is a positive reaction, then it signifies an opportunity for you to start fresh. If your reaction is negative, then it suggest that you are feeling lost.

From the Dream Dictionary
  • The DoveThe Dove Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The snake is an archetypical symbol for the penis. Perhaps the biting represents penetration and the OP is suppressing some sexual desire for his friend?
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I sometimes have horrific nightmares - often containing friends and relatives that have died. A common theme is that they will be sitting in a room with me and others but only I can see them. In the dreams I feel distressed and frustrated that the other people in the room can't see them. The 'ghosts' know this and seem to thrive on my pain.

The dead people are people I loved and had no issue with, so there is no reason in reality why they should want to frighten me.

Another nightmare I have occasionally concerns demons. I will be sitting somewhere in my house - or sometimes in a strange house - and will suddenly catch something from corner of my eye, and when I look I will see a demon - usually crouched down and peeping out from behind a chair or something. When it sees that I have seen it, it stands up and starts to approach me, smiling. It's at that point I usually wake up howling.
  • Steveaki13Steveaki13 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a weird dream a few nights ago.

I was in the countryside and I was fox hunting. However While following the hunting dogs, I was in a Jeep kind of car inside of on a horse.

I was racing around the country lanes chasing the dogs when I suddenly pulled into a farmyard. Which seemed to be deserted so I got out of the car and walked towards a large barn. Behind it were a lot of old animal pens and one of them was open, with the door swinging in the breeze.

I was nervous that something had escaped so walked into the big barn. Upon where I found some more cages with various big cats in them.

I called to some people (who up until now were unseen) and they came in. I don't remember who they were but after seeing the cages they seemed to panic. We all ran out of the barn where a huge Lion was stalking around. (which had obviously escaped from the initial animal pen) The other people ran off leaving me facing the Lion.

It pounced and bit my foot clean off. So with bloody stump I ran or should I say hopped back into the big barn and found a stair case. I went down the stairs and found myself in a multi storey car park????

That was where the dream ended.

How weird is that.
  • Steveaki13Steveaki13 Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    I sometimes have horrific nightmares - often containing friends and relatives that have died. A common theme is that they will be sitting in a room with me and others but only I can see them. In the dreams I feel distressed and frustrated that the other people in the room can't see them. The 'ghosts' know this and seem to thrive on my pain.

The dead people are people I loved and had no issue with, so there is no reason in reality why they should want to frighten me.

Another nightmare I have occasionally concerns demons. I will be sitting somewhere in my house - or sometimes in a strange house - and will suddenly catch something from corner of my eye, and when I look I will see a demon - usually crouched down and peeping out from behind a chair or something. When it sees that I have seen it, it stands up and starts to approach me, smiling. It's at that point I usually wake up howling.

Wow. They both sound really scary. Have you had these sorts of dreams for a long time?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The past 3 nights I've had horrible dreams, I recently stopped taking tablets for anxiety so wonder if my dreams are so bad because of this.

Last nights dream was about wasps, I'm petrified of them and they were everywhere around me and I couldn't get away from them, and when their faces came near me it was magnified so I could see every tiny detail on their horrible little faces.

The night before I dreamt that the people buying our house couldn't buy it anymore because of mortgage problems and this then led to us losing the house we've put an offer on.

The night before that I dreamt that when we were on holiday and my eldest daughter was out far in the ocean that she was attacked by sharks.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Steveaki13 wrote: »
    Wow. They both sound really scary. Have you had these sorts of dreams for a long time?

Many years.

Not very often. Often enough for it to be a standing joke with my wife - who ribs me about waking up howling.