eek mice!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
Forum Member
✭✭
cats keep bringing in shrews/mice. It the wee rodents are alive I get them in towel/box and then release them, If they're RIP I dispose accordingly. Tried to save one wee mouse today who has now run under the fridge in the utility room. I've shut the cats in and been watching from the kitchen but no sign of said mouse, back door wide open so hope it makes it outside but can't leave door open all night. I think I may buy some humane traps so I can release them but that doesn't help today!

Comments

• Banana RamaBanana Rama Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mice are very elusive, it might have already left but you didn't see it...
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    happened all the time when I was younger :) The kitties were forever bringing them in and spitting them out fresh as gifts of love.

One time one even built a nest behind a huge unmovable dresser... we just told our dad it was a "type of funnel spider web" :D
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could be worse, you could have a cat who brings home frogs :D

Boy can those things scream! They sound like a toddler having a paddy :D
  • MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep your evil predators indoors!!

Some of these species are protected now, nothing to be proud of that you evil animals kill them.
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The frogs are always alive in my case, she just carries them round, I scoop them up and go hide them in a neighbours garden :)
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,923
    Forum Member
    You think it's a bad idea for cats to catch mice?

This was the only reason we kept a cat when I was little.

If I had a mouse under my fridge I'd leave the cat right in front of it until the mouse was caught.
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    You think it's a bad idea for cats to catch mice?

This was the only reason we kept a cat when I was little.

If I had a mouse under my fridge I'd leave the cat right in front of it until the mouse was caught.

I'd stick down a normal mousetrap or three. I don't have any sentimental feelings towards mice and besides if you use humane traps, you've got to release the mice some distance away. Anyway, I don't get many problems with mice these days, as the neighbours cats deal with them.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muze wrote: »
    Keep your evil predators indoors!!

Some of these species are protected now, nothing to be proud of that you evil animals kill them.

A neighbour has 5 of the things and another neighbour has 7. They go for all the wildlife not just mice. She has come home to find dead or dying birds and ducklings - even a weasel once. She claims to like animals. Yet she keeps adding to her cats. In a tiny hamlet like ours it's overkill in more ways than one.