Options

Eminem

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
Forum Member
What do you guys think of Eminem??

I have recently come across him again and I'm loving his new stuff on Recovery!!I Kinda went off Eminem back in the day when he started coming out with pyshco tracks about his ex-wife.. He has some really good tracks on Recovery .. Love the way he can tell a story through music and doesn't only rap about money, drugs, guns etc but his life experience.. he is a lyrical genius !!

I think its great and respect how he has overcome his addictions and is now clean, especially in this day and age with all the peer pressure around and how rap artists are expected to act or behave in a certain way and don't seem "cool" and "hip" if they don't!

Oh and he is looking gooood for his age :p;):D

Comments

• Options
    PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    I Love the Way You Lie. ;)
  • Options
    Exp£o$ionExp£o$ion Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I am a fan of his. Slim Shady is ace and his comeback has been excellent
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Well, he still raps about drugs quite a lot (like on Space Bound), but yeah, he doesn't rap about money and stuff a lot compared to most other rappers. He raps about women a lot aswell though.

And yeah, he looks so good for someone who's almost 40!!!! :eek:

Unfortunately, I only got into him after the MMLP, so I missed out on the very beginning of his career though (although obviously I listened to the songs at the time).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Well, he still raps about drugs quite a lot (like on Space Bound), but yeah, he doesn't rap about money and stuff a lot compared to most other rappers. He raps about women a lot aswell though.

And yeah, he looks so good for someone who's almost 40!!!! :eek:

Yeah, he does rap about drugs but not like other rappers.. doesnt give out the message that they are good and cool..
  • Options
    Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Li'Lilly wrote: »
    Yeah, he does rap about drugs but not like other rappers.. doesnt give out the message that they are good and cool..

Well, yeah. I listened to Wiz Khalifa's album recently, and the whole thing, like every single song, was about how awesome weed is!! :D A good album, but it was kind of like "OK, we get your point Wiz, you like weed!",

Eminem has quite a different tone when talking about drugs. I kind of feel sorry for him that he can't do them anymore. It's good that he's not addicted, but it must be difficult for him, since literally all his friends must still do them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    Well, yeah. I listened to Wiz Khalifa's album recently, and the whole thing, like every single song, was about how awesome weed is!! :D A good album, but it was kind of like "OK, we get your point Wiz, you like weed!",

Eminem has quite a different tone when talking about drugs. I kind of feel sorry for him that he can't do them anymore. It's good that he's not addicted, but it must be difficult for him, since literally all his friends must still do them.

True.. Hope he stays clean.. he is much better without them! Lol Didnt really like wiz Khalifa but he is growing on me now !
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that Eminem is one of the most prominent musical acts over the last ten years. It is incredible that it is over ten years now since he came to attention in 1999 with 'My Name Is' from his debut album 'The Slim Shady LP.' I remember it was this time ten years ago when he was absolutely massive after his second album 'The Marshall Mather's LP' and especially the singles 'The Real Slim Shady,' 'The Way I Am' and 'Stan.' He was seen as an enigma and people questioned what his real beliefs were when he wrote lyrics on drugs, homosexuality, his relationship with his mother and ex-wife. This was because he used denigrate these topics by making fun. I think his earlier work is probably his best in my opinion.

'Lose Yourself' from the 8 Mile soundtrack is one of his strongest hits and when MTV Base did their top '100 best singles of the decade (noughties or 00's' ) that was his highest entry at number 33.(Although, I think his singles should have charted higher but they did not because as earlier mentioned these hits came at the beginning of the decade and people who vote remember the later hits.)As an artist I think he can blend humor with a more emotional and pathos side which is obviously personal. I think that his music videos for the singles I have mentioned are excellent and is the probably the best rap artist for making videos.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    His music video's are funny and they arent the same old rap video that they all do!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hes okay i have some of his records. He`s a bit of alright aswell.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    His old material is the best IDC!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I frickin love Eminem. I've grown up listening to him. The man is just too talented for words.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eminem is a superstar and i've been a fan from day one!
    He's perfect in everyway to me, his lyrics, his story, his
    beautiful looks! he's the hottest man to ever walk the earth
    imo! I'm no love struck teen btw, my son and daughter are
    aged 22 and 19! Their both fans too, but i'm the obsessed
    one in the family! No one else can compete with him and
    no ones else compares! Just call me lady Stan! lol :D
    Btw i was lucky enough to get tickets for the V Festival, can't
    wait to see that gorgeous man for real! bring it on!! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like eminem :)
    Youre never over from his last album is one of my favourite songs in ages :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cazmac wrote: »
    Btw i was lucky enough to get tickets for the V Festival, can't
    wait to see that gorgeous man for real! bring it on!! :)

JEALOUS you have tickets !!
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I concur with everything everyone else has said. The guy is a genius. Absolute genius.

Talking about his looks, he looks good for any random person who's nearing 40, but for someone who's been through what he's been through with regards to his drug problems, he looks ridiculous!

What makes him even greater IMO, is that away from the music, fame and money, he just seems to be a normal guy, who's main priority is being a good father and bringing his kids up correctly. Yes, he's had his problems and made mistakes, but he's never not taken responsibilty for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    I concur with everything everyone else has said. The guy is a genius. Absolute genius.

Talking about his looks, he looks good for any random person who's nearing 40, but for someone who's been through what he's been through with regards to his drug problems, he looks ridiculous!

What makes him even greater IMO, is that away from the music, fame and money, he just seems to be a normal guy, who's main priority is being a good father and bringing his kids up correctly. Yes, he's had his problems and made mistakes, but he's never not taken responsibilty for them.

I remember reading that profanity isn't allowed in his house
  • Options
    ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love the old stuff all the way up to Encore.

Not into the new stuff, his lyrics are as good as ever but the tunes themselves are all too similar and all seem to have to have a collaboration.